Tire losing air

Old September 22nd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
p6593

Default Tire losing air

One of the tires on my 1995 Grand Am has been slowly losing air. I figured
that it was maybe the valve stem or the valve itself and I was going to get
new tires anyway so I just made sure that I added air every week. I have
now replaced the tires and that same wheel is still losing air. I guess it
could be that the aluminum rim may have a nick in it. Does it make sense to
try to use a sealant to solve the problem? If so could anyone tell me what
brand to use, where to get it and how to use it? Help certainly would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don

Old September 22nd 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Noozer

"p6593" > wrote in message
> One of the tires on my 1995 Grand Am has been slowly losing air. I
> figured that it was maybe the valve stem or the valve itself and I was
> going to get new tires anyway so I just made sure that I added air every
> week. I have now replaced the tires and that same wheel is still losing
> air. I guess it could be that the aluminum rim may have a nick in it.
> Does it make sense to try to use a sealant to solve the problem? If so
> could anyone tell me what brand to use, where to get it and how to use it?
> Help certainly would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Why would they replace the valve when you got new tires? Did you
specifically ask them to install new valvestems?

Old September 22nd 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
p6593

Yes I asked for and paid for new stems and valves.

Don
newsELQg.11044$1T2.6535@pd7urf2no...

Old September 22nd 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Mike Romain

Did you get the new stems though?

Otherwise it sounds like a rim leak. The liquid sealant won't work on
them. The tire should be removed and the rim cleaned or the tire needs
to be water tanked to see just where the leak is coming from.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's