Sleeping pills can cause 'sleep-driving'

Old March 15th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Uncle Clover[_2_]

Default Sleeping pills can cause 'sleep-driving'

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:36:33 GMT, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" > wrote:

> Uncle Clover > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:29:01 GMT, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> > MURDERERS" > wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >> [...] we need a law that anyone found at fault in a fatal
> >> crash must serve at least 20 years in prison. Then people
> >> would be damn careful about driving while sleepy.

> > I don't think it would help in the case of people like those described
> > in the article - they supposedly aren't conscious at the time, or
> > perhaps only half conscious and not quite in control of the
> > experience. If you didn't knowingly make the decision to drive and
> > that can be proven, I'm not sure how much liability can be placed upon
> > you if the drive results in an accident. I remember the case of a man
> > who drove to the parents of his (wife? girlfriend?) and killed them -
> > it was demonstrated that he was likely sleepwalking at the time (some
> > brain scan or another demonstrated that he was undeniably prone to
> > sleepwalking), and so he was found not guilty of a murder charge.

> Screw you and screw your criminal coddler talk. You're another one of these
> candy-ass wimps that don't think people should be held responsible for
> their actions. No doubt you also think drunk drivers who kill should escape
> prosecution cause "he was so smashed he didn't know what he was doing."

LoL! Gawd, I love it when you talk dirty to me. ;-) Seriously. ;-*
Old March 15th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Harold Burton

In article 01>,
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:

> Harold Burton > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article 01>,
> > "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:
> >

> >> And there's really no good way to catch medicated people. That's why
> >> we need a law that anyone found at fault in a fatal crash must serve
> >> at least 20 years in prison.

> > Too bad that wasn't in effect when the infamous drunk Teddy Kennedy
> > murdered Mary Jo Kopechne.

> Bad example since we don't know ted was at fault....

....other than the fact he admitted it.
Old March 15th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Larry Bud

On Mar 15, 8:07 am, Harold Burton > wrote:
> In article 01>,
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:
>

> > Harold Burton > wrote in
> :

> > > Too bad that wasn't in effect when the infamous drunk Teddy Kennedy
> > > murdered Mary Jo Kopechne.

> > Bad example since we don't know ted was at fault....

> ...other than the fact he admitted it.- Hide quoted text -

I've never believed a word he's said!