Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer

Old June 12th 04, 04:06 PM
Steve

Default Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer

Hi,

I recently lifted, locked, and regeared my Jeep Cherokee for 33" tires
and now my buddy is all jealous that his 2000 S10 Blazer (4-door, not a
ZR2) can't get him to the same fishing holes. So he says 'how can I lift
it?'

He would be happy with 31" or 32" tires. I'd like to avoid a body lift.
I'm looking for any info or suggestions on a suspension lift for this
vehicle. I also have some specific questions:

1. I searched for suspension kits and was surprised at how limited the
selection was for the 2K+ Blazer. I see lots of stuff for 19??-1999 S10.
Is this compatible with the 2K Blazer? What changed between 1999 and 2000?

2. I found a 2" Superlift kit (K451) that has front control arms and
rear add-a-leaf with extended shackles. Is this a good (complete) kit?

3. How much tire will 2" susp lift fit without trimming?

4. Could you fit 31s or 32s on a 2" susp lift with trimming and after
market flares? Any recommended flares?

5. I found a 5" Trail Master kit (CT15) that does a spring-over with the
stock leafs. Anyone know if this kit will work with the 2K Blazer? Will
I have trouble with steering geometry or drive line angles?

6. Are there any other suspension lifts out there that will work with
the 2000 Blazer?

7. What differentials does the 2000 Blazer have? Are there any common
junkyard diffs with compatible R&P in 4.10 or 4.56 ratio?

8. I'm very intimate with my Jeep's live front, but I really don't know
much about IFS. Any good '101' sites out there on IFS (S10 Blazer
specifically) that describe issues with lifting?

9. Is there a viable solid axle swap for the front? Would it be easier
to do leafs or 4-link with coils?

Thanks,

Steve
Old June 13th 04, 07:48 PM
Gregg Sanderson

unless you do an 8" full lift, you wont be able to use anything bigger than
31 x 10.5. My zr thats for sale, I attempted to put 32 x 11.5's with no
sucess (rubbed all over the place). we jacked it +- 4" and it worked. The
lift needs to clear the body from the top few inches of the tires.
4wheelparts.com is the best place to find the lift you need.
Hope this helps!.....G

Old June 13th 04, 07:48 PM
Gregg Sanderson

Old June 15th 04, 05:09 AM
Steve

Thanks Gregg. Looks like my pal is going with the Trail Master 5" CT15.
It fits the 2000 'non-ZR2' Blazer and will apparently clear 32s:

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/GM_S10_4wd.htm

My buddy says he is only interested in 31s or 32s and he is happy to
keep his cushy IFS so it looks like a good choice. The distributor said
its a bitch to install (20-30 hrs). If it was my truck, I'd probably
spend those hours puttin in something like this:

http://setstr8.com/GM_Sseries.htm

Thanks again,

Steve

Old June 15th 04, 05:09 AM