LW300 rear suspension bushings

Old November 2nd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
oppie

Default LW300 rear suspension bushings

I heard a clunk in the rear going over a bump. Thought it was a bad shock
but it turned out to be a worn lower control arm outer bushing. I called two
parts dealers and they have no listing for bushings. Before I go to Saturn
parts, does anybody have information on the availability of these? Was
hoping to just replace the one that was gone. My experience with Saturn is
that you have to buy much more than you actually want.

Oppie

Old November 4th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Took the car in to my friend's garage. He confirmed that the lower control
arm outboard bushing was bad. The part was ordered from Saturn and wheel was
disassembled and ready to go when the part arrived.
Unfortunately, Saturn sent a part that did not fit (appeared to be the
inboard control arm bushing).

Old November 20th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Got the car back today from the shop. The bushings that Saturn parts sent
WERE correct and just looked wrong for some reason. Old one pressed out of
the trailing arm knuckle and new one pressed in. Wheel is now nice and solid
again - no camber wobble. Turns are nice and crisp - no under steer. Got it
passed NY State inspection and all good.

"Oppie" > wrote in message
> Took the car in to my friend's garage. He confirmed that the lower control
> arm outboard bushing was bad. The part was ordered from Saturn and wheel
> was
> disassembled and ready to go when the part arrived.
> Unfortunately, Saturn sent a part that did not fit (appeared to be the
> inboard control arm bushing).
>

> "oppie" > wrote in message
>> I heard a clunk in the rear going over a bump. Thought it was a bad shock
>> but it turned out to be a worn lower control arm outer bushing. I called
>> two parts dealers and they have no listing for bushings. Before I go to
>> Saturn parts, does anybody have information on the availability of these?
>> Was hoping to just replace the one that was gone. My experience with
>> Saturn is that you have to buy much more than you actually want.
>>
>> Oppie

Rear Dome light, 01-lw300 Oppie[_7_] Saturn 4 May 23rd 08 01:18 PM
Suspension Bushings - Dodge/Chrysler Neon Adam H Chrysler 1 May 8th 07 03:54 PM
Bullitt suspension and bushings installation [email protected] Ford Mustang 8 October 15th 05 05:17 AM
Rear suspension is off! TeGGeR® Honda 15 July 24th 05 03:55 AM
86 VW Rear bushings replacement problem? reepthediesel VW water cooled 0 June 15th 05 04:16 AM