An example for you all to look up to

Old March 28th 05, 10:08 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
om...

> You can somehow try to justify your point of view by comparing the
> POSSIBILITY of cancer vs the reality of a brutal murdering dictator is
> actually about the saddest version of a brainwashed nut Ive ever heard or
> seen.

I was watching a doco on Vietnam the other day with reguard to agent
orange - 500,000 deformed children so far and counting. The vegetation is
riddled with agent orange - in all the vegetation/soil - parents pass on a
wonderful legacy to their children. There was some footage of a child, about
2 years old, with about an 18inch diameter head - it was literally pinned to
it's cot by it's own head - it's own body a mere apendage. Probably the most
horrendous thing I've ever witnessed. Many without limbs and too many horror
spectacles to beleive. It makes you wonder if you could just as easily been
born into their life as you were into your own or your chilren were into
theirs.

Possiblity? Fabrication? What was the speil for the alleged safety of
agent orange back then.

Question is - what's worse? Deliberate terrorism that has some
purpose and at least contains some deliberateness.
Or the pathetic
irresponsibility of a bunch of ignorant fools who use weapons provided by
those who pay the highest bribe - it's all about the money.

Wonder why those twin (commercial) towers were targetted? To the pitiful
present day, dago west, money is god - twin towers symbolise god - goodbye
statues of western god! I get the feeling little lesson has been learnt
however but I'm sure there's plenty of refresher courses on the way. Still
though, these refresher courses will continue to be no match for the
dedicated, career idiot.

Old March 28th 05, 10:12 PM
alex martini

liberal biased hatred? last time I checked, fella, my liberal biased hatred
didn't amount to millions of rotting corpses in umarked grave which is what
your loving right-wing ideology has brought the world in Afghanistan, El
Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba, Bolivia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, and on
and on and on - and, last time I checked, there isn't one example of US
foreign policy - and I mean not ONE - since the end of WW2 and the demise of
the liberal agenda in the US - that has turned out in any way positive to
the people of the lands that have been touched by the wondrous hands of your
loving ideology. Problem is, buddy, the US doesn't give a crap about foreign
lands until it is in its interest to care; and then, every time, it will
back the tyrants against the people. That's US foreign policy. And defending
it by somehow shouting - but we's better than Saddam is already a losing
argument. And really, for the good of the good people who still call
themselves American, I hope it's a lesson you take on board - because
nothing is forever. Not even the goodwill of a world still grateful for WW2.

Old March 28th 05, 10:16 PM
alex martini

Oh and my country's contribution to freedom is contained to its own
boundaries; unlike you - and the lunatics who run the WHite House - we
actually believe in territorial integrity - for ourselves, our neighbours
and countries twenty thousand miles away. And last time I checked, my
country didn't support Bin Laden, Saddam, Egypt, Pakistan and every other
tin-pot dictator we can find. Try some humility fella; the argument that you
killing is better than Saddam's is not precisely a winning one.

Old March 29th 05, 04:15 AM
Randy Magruder

> To begin with there are NO WMD in Iraq, so your justification for war
> was a lie.

History didn't begin when you woke up this morning. Why don't you
actually go back and read the transcript of Bush's 2002 State of the
Union speech. You'll find a LOT more there than WMD. What you're
saying is only evidence of the fact that the more often and the more
stridently you tell a lie, the more people believe it. FOrtunately, we
have RECORDS of what was said to us....at least for those of us with
the honesty to look at them.

> Thirdly, if you're so convinced of free Iraq, I suggest a trip to
> Baghdad for details.

No, actually I suggest YOU go and stand in a square near where 7
million people voted for the first time and start shouting your views.
My guess is you don't get out of the square in one piece. It's easy to
deny freedom to others. You just say that we "don't have the right to
give them democracy". It's another way of saying 'we got ours, but you
can't have yours, because it might make someone I hate look good'.

> Fourth, the fact that depleted uranium KILLS is just that - a fact -
> and the fact that you would somehow decide that that FACT is a
> liberal agenda is about as bizarre as saying that evolution is a
> theory (Kansas, maybe?).

Dude, you have YET to supply any kind of evidence for this depleted
uranium claim.

> More than that, the idea that the US - who armed, encouraged and paid
> for Saddam's war with Iran in which countless millions were gassed
> and killed, are suddenly the bringers of democracy to Iraq is
> laughable.

Ah, so you live on the planet where no matter what, all the people you
associate with have to be of high character. The realities of the
planet are not so black 'n white. I *wish* we lived on Planet utopia
and we never had to actually associate with anyone who is not a saint.

> And let's not
> forget who armed, trained and paid for Bin Laden and his mujahadeen.

Blah blah blah. Even if I accept all this drivel, and even if I accept
that the US is all entirely to blame, does that exempt us from making
it right later? Are we to trust the french to make it right?!

> And let's not forget who has paid Israel 4 billion dollars a year to
> continue its racist policies against the Palestinians.

Yeah, those mean Israelis. Why don't they just take their suicide
bombers lying down like good little Jews. Seig Heil, my friend? (If
you didn't notice, the sarcasm is being laid down thickly).

I'm sure you wish Clinton were back in office, at least he did his
bombing from 40,000 feet, damn the consequences.

Randy
Old March 29th 05, 05:19 AM
alex martini

So, in America, it is your claim that you believe that,
(a) you didn't go to war over WMD
(b) Congress didn't give your Beloved Leader carte blanche to murder over
100,000 Iraqis because of WMD
(c) "Bringing Freedom to Nation (x)" is now a legitimate cause for the
violation/invasion/occupation of a sovereign nation according to US Law
(d) What we have in Iraq is democracy
(e) Depleted uranium doesn't kill despite the plethora of evidence from Iraq
War 1
(f) The fact that you have dealt with - and continue to deal with - tyrants
the world over should in no way mean that you deal with tyrants the world
over - now or ever
(g) that criticism of Israeli's policy - universally rejected by every
nation on earth but for the US - means that the critic is a nazi
(h) that it is better to lose 1500 US soldiers - and have 10,000 injured -
than bombing from 40,000 feet.
(i) that WMD was not the reason for the British and the others of your
coalition joining up to your adventure
(j) that you never trained Bin Laden
(k) that you never trained the mujahadeen in Afghanistan
(l) that you never paid for tyrants like Mabuto and the Shah of Iran
(m) that you are not paying for tyrants in Uzbekistan, Pakistan, etc etc ...

Dude, really - give it up. It's sad having to read this; not even Powell,
when he didn't give evidence at the UN about WMD, believed , know what I
mean? You're, like, dude, the last person on earth that still believes ...
which is convenient, since the, uhm, "Seig Heil" that the world is listening
to is from people like you, jackbooted and marching to the tune which we
have all heard before, too many times.

Old March 29th 05, 11:51 AM
Bruce Kennewell

There was none.
Different society, different values, different everything.
Not until AFTER, well after, the end of the Vietnam War did any questions
about Agent Orange arise and you could still buy the basic constituents over
the counter well into the 1970's. My father used to poison blackberries and
lantana with 2-4-D and 2-4-5-T....the core of Agent Orange and determined to
be carcinogens in the late 70's.

But so what? Every generation looks back with the wisdom of hindsight. We
(Baby-boomer generation) did it and my parents did it and so did theirs.
My kids will do exactly the same because each generation thinks it has the
answers to life, the universe and everything.

They don't.

Bruce.

Old March 29th 05, 12:26 PM
Randy Magruder

Sorry dude, as of yesterday, I'm done with this useless discussion.
I'm staying on sims from today on. If you want to keep believing the
tripe that you do, go right ahead, it's always amusing to watch 'useful
idiots' work themselves into a lather for the 'cause'.

Randy

Old March 29th 05, 02:47 PM
alex martini

Rather a useful idiot than a murderous one mate.

Old March 29th 05, 03:01 PM
Steve Smith

The depleted-uranium claim is specious, AFAIK. We have only one weap that
uses it: the 30mm Gatling gun on the nose of the A-10 "Warthog" tank buster.
Note that altho we used A-10s in Gulf War I (against the Repub Guard's
T-72s), we never deployed them during Op Iraq Freedom. Moreover, DU isn't
radioactive, so it's unlikely to cause cancer.

Old March 29th 05, 04:40 PM
rmagruder

So, how you liking the sims these days?

(Sorry, but I'm AGGRESSIVELY changing the subject back to, ya know,
REC.AUTOS.SIMULATORS).