collector car insurance without garage?

Old August 19th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
ascus.lsil

Default collector car insurance without garage?

Does any one know any collector car insurance companies that do not
require a garage?
I live in a townhouse that has a parking space but no garage.
Thanks!

John
Old August 20th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Steven E. Eyrse[_3_]

You might want to insure it for a " assigned " value based upon a
appraisal. That way you would be covered as you wanted. It will cost
more but you will be covered. Myself I just insure the ' 35 Buick and
'29 Street Rod as " cars " with a assigned value thru Allstate. Have
used them for some 35 years.

Steve E.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:41:37 -0700 (PDT), "ascus.lsil"

Old August 20th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

I too recently had to go through that rigamarole with various classic
car insurers. In my case, I had no garage but I keep the vehicle at at
a friend's garage. This was acceptable to some companies but not
others. Iwas all set to go with American Hobbyist Insurance and was
shot down because my regular car was "too old"". They thought a 1979
Ford F100 as a primary vehicle was not sufficiently modern to be
reliable and that I would be driving the Cadillac as a second car.

I finally added the Cadillac to my regular auto insurance policy with
a stated value of $40,000. The company is Cotton States and they
required photos, etc. They told me their research supports the $40,000
value and agreed to insure it. The cost was triple what the specialty
companies quoted but at least it's covered now.

Old August 22nd 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Steven E. Eyrse[_3_]

Otto now look in to suspending all but comprehensive when your not
driving it. I do that with my two. Put them on and take them off all
the time. Living in Illinois there is about half a year I won't drive
them. But the comp. covers them in the garage if anything happens. As
you would be keeping the full coverage on the F100 there should not be
any hassle.

Steve E.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 06:08:55 -0700 (PDT), Otto Skorzeny

Old April 21st 20, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Iyak69

> > State Farm.
> >
> > Does any one know any collector car insurance companies that do

not
> > require a garage?
> > I live in a townhouse that has a parking space but no garage.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > John

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...39401#15639401