Wall Mart Battery in C5

Old May 28th 05, 02:44 AM
aRKay

Default Wall Mart Battery in C5

Anybody using a Wall Mart battery in a C5. My Delco is crapping out and
needs to be replaced. I have always used Wall Mart replacement batteries
in my cars, including a C4.

aRKay
Old May 28th 05, 03:28 PM
Bob I

FWIW- that "WalMart battery" is likely made by Exide, if it's an EverStart.

Old May 28th 05, 03:53 PM
Jon

Don't expect them to last anywhere near their advertised lifespan. I've
never used one in my Corvette but I had one in my Fiero. The first one
lasted one year (five year battery) the replacement lasted two years.

Old May 28th 05, 04:04 PM
aRKay

Anything that last over six months is better than a Delco. Battery
technology sucks at best. You pay for the warranty. The good thing about
Wall Mart is they are everywhere and most are open 24 hours 7 days a
week. Car batteries NEVER crap out during normal business hours. They
have a three year replacement free. I will go with the Wall Mart and see
what happens

Old May 28th 05, 04:34 PM
Bob I

Humm, did you have a problem with a Delco battery or something? Maybe up
here in Minnesota they give us the good stuff? I've NEVER had to
exercise the warranty on ours and have them in 3 vehicles from 3 to 12
years old (replaced one in that time at the 7 year mark)

Old May 28th 05, 05:52 PM
WayneC

Bob I wrote:
> Humm, did you have a problem with a Delco battery or something? Maybe up
> here in Minnesota they give us the good stuff? I've NEVER had to
> exercise the warranty on ours and have them in 3 vehicles from 3 to 12
> years old (replaced one in that time at the 7 year mark)

That's been my experience as well... the Delco's I've had outlasted
their warranty, whereas my experience with Sears has led me to believe
they sell you a 3-year battery with a 5-year warranty (at a 5-year
price) so you'll come back for a replacement discount after 3 years.
Old May 28th 05, 06:10 PM
David

Be careful about what type of battery you put in the c-5 ,i know they
changed the type of battery i don't remeber what year.The new style
delco batt for corvette has something in it to prevent it from leaking
(there is a lot of wiring under battery ) is can cause a electrical
headache.

THANK YOU David

Old May 28th 05, 07:47 PM
aRKay

I will NEVER (ever) buy a Delco. Two crapped out while in warranty and
were replaced by the dealer. One died at the airport while dropping off
my wife and the C5 had to be towed to the dealer. The latest died in
the garage and was replaced this morning with a Wall Mart 3 year
replacement free battery for half the cost of an Optima. Wall Marts are
everywhere and most are open 24 hr/ 7day a week. Car batteries seem to
always die on weekends.

It was no bid deal to install and the C5 is a happy starter now.

Old May 29th 05, 01:51 AM

I put a WalMart battery in my Nissan 1992 240 sx. That was 5 years ago
and still going strong.

Old May 30th 05, 11:35 PM
Jon

aRKay wrote:
> Anything that last over six months is better than a Delco. Battery
> technology sucks at best. You pay for the warranty. The good thing about
> Wall Mart is they are everywhere and most are open 24 hours 7 days a
> week. Car batteries NEVER crap out during normal business hours. They
> have a three year replacement free. I will go with the Wall Mart and see
> what happens

They have one year free replacement, after that it is pro-rated.

new alternator - battery light on, but still charging at 16v? [email protected] Technology 8 February 11th 05 10:38 PM
Battery replacement comments and questions Tom's VR6 VW water cooled 1 November 12th 04 06:12 PM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 10:54 PM
Dead Battery current leak Jeremy Saturn 3 July 1st 04 07:54 PM
Replacing Corroded Battery Cables for SL1 2000 Chris Gutierrez Saturn 2 June 28th 04 03:40 AM