Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer

Old November 5th 08, 10:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_2_]

Default Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer

We were scheduled to take the C5 on weekend road trip. My
wife wanted to listen to a barrowed novel on CD's so I loaded
up the 10 CD's + 2 musice CDs into the disc player in the rear.
Got the car washed and ready to go for an early departure.

Loaded the bags, wife and turned the key to click-click-click.

Had to move everything to her car for the trip and decided
to deal with the battery when we got home. It was so dead
I could not get the disc carrier to eject so she missed the
book on CDs.

Got home and pulled the Everlast battery from Wall Mart
that replaced the crappy Delco AGM. Checked the paperwork
and it was 6 months past the three year free replacement
warranty. I was surprised when Wall Mart gave me a new
$75 battery for $30 out the door and a new warranty. The
cranking amps and warranty is much better than Delco and
you can always find a Wall Mart 24/7.

While there I got them to service the Explorer

The new battery works great but the CD player would not
play and I could not eject the disc carrier. I did the normal
tricks like pulling the power plug (not easy) and it still would
not eject. I removed the unit from the hatch well and pulled
the cases and still could not get the thing to release the
disc carrier. I replace all screws and covers and tried plugging
in again and the carrier finally came out. I recovered 9 of
the 10 discs from the novel and figured disc #1 was stuck
in the player. I then inserted the carrier that only had two
old CD's and it started working and was able to get the
disc 1 out so Nikki could return the 10 disc set she had
borrowed from Kathy.

The lesson learned the hard way is leave at least one
blank in the carrier. I may have loaded 12 CD's with
one stuck in the the player and that caused all kinds of
problem. It is now working perfect. Having a single
in the dash disc player it the way to go

BTW, removing the inside mounting screws was a bitch.

Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer aRKay[_2_] Corvette 0 November 5th 08 08:29 PM
Good News Miata02-Yellow Mazda 4 November 9th 05 10:22 PM
More good news about biofuel Pooh Bear Driving 57 July 31st 05 11:53 PM
good news!!! Tomasz Antkowiak VW air cooled 6 December 7th 04 11:18 PM