Saving the Beetle's life this weekend

Old July 2nd 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

Default Saving the Beetle's life this weekend

I got something to help me save my 64's life this weekend coming up.
Will be starting to install this tomorrow: http://i25.tinypic.com/288o9zb.jpg
Grabbed one of these: http://i31.tinypic.com/2aeo40h.jpg which will
hopefully help with the mid-90s heat that's forecast for the next few
days.
Befo http://i25.tinypic.com/2heg0a8.jpg
Stay tuned...

Old July 2nd 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 2, 2:18*pm, Shag > wrote:
> I got something to help me save my 64's life this weekend coming up.
> Will be starting to install this tomorrow: *http://i25.tinypic.com/288o9zb.jpg
> Grabbed one of these: *http://i31.tinypic.com/2aeo40h.jpg*which will
> hopefully help with the mid-90s heat that's forecast for the next few
> days.
> Befo *http://i25.tinypic.com/2heg0a8.jpg
> Stay tuned...

Don't know anything about lift kits but you will like that fan.
Unless your shop is dusty and dirty. Then you will hate it.
We have 4 of those fans to help keep some of our animals
cooled down in hot weather.

Now if you hook a little water mister/fogger to the front of that fan
it
works really really well cooling that air down. Holler at me if you
want info on doing the mister/fogger stuff. Need the right heads on
them.

Randy
Old July 2nd 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 2, 3:52*pm, John > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Now if you hook a little water mister/fogger to the front of that fan
> > it
> > works really really well cooling that air down. *Holler at me if you
> > want info on doing the mister/fogger stuff. *Need the right heads on
> > them.

> Tell us all, my man!

Very very simple but let me find where you can get the fogger heads,
etc.
I usually just ordered a kit that pretty much have all the needed
parts
from Home Depot and rig multiple foggers up from the 1 kit.

Randy
Old July 2nd 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 2, 3:52*pm, John > wrote:
> Tell us all, my man!

ok, here is the mister heads you want to use.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100012161

I couldn't find the kit that I usually bought but it was marketed as
an
Arizona mister and came with all the pvc pipe, misters, connections,
etc
to make a 30 ft long mister. I would take those kits and make a
couple
of 18inch square misters with 2 heads and tie strap those on the
front
of the fan. They use very little water and need very little water
pressure
to work. They will drop the temp by a good 20 degrees.

Randy

Old July 3rd 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J. Berg

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:18:46 +0200, Shag > wrote:

> I got something to help me save my 64's life this weekend coming up.
> Will be starting to install this tomorrow:
> http://i25.tinypic.com/288o9zb.jpg
> Grabbed one of these: http://i31.tinypic.com/2aeo40h.jpg which will
> hopefully help with the mid-90s heat that's forecast for the next few
> days.
> Befo http://i25.tinypic.com/2heg0a8.jpg
> Stay tuned...

Now, you all hear!

Kinda spooky, we gots ourselves a Propane barbeque, a big thingiemadoo
wannabe Charles Lindberg's missing prop, and a electric fanblown heater!

And thy hearest this!
Can you all believe, one of them Japanamese motorscooters?! It even has
one of them short but stubby ejaculate'rs!!

Hail Mary,Thou full of grace, repent or be hell bent.
In thy dreams said the maiden..

Looking forewards to the seqular Travis.

Jørn.

Old July 3rd 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J. Berg

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 00:13:23 +0200, > wrote:

> On Jul 2, 3:52*pm, John > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > Now if you hook a little water mister/fogger to the front of that fan
>> > it
>> > works really really well cooling that air down. *Holler at me if you
>> > want info on doing the mister/fogger stuff. *Need the right heads on
>> > them.

>> Tell us all, my man!

> Very very simple but let me find where you can get the fogger heads,
> etc.
> I usually just ordered a kit that pretty much have all the needed
> parts
> from Home Depot and rig multiple foggers up from the 1 kit.
>
> Randy

NOS, could even trigger them by solenoids! :=]

J.

Old July 3rd 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J. Berg

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 01:58:27 +0200, P.J. Berg >
wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:18:46 +0200, Shag > wrote:
>
>> I got something to help me save my 64's life this weekend coming up.
>> Will be starting to install this tomorrow:
>> http://i25.tinypic.com/288o9zb.jpg
>> Grabbed one of these: http://i31.tinypic.com/2aeo40h.jpg which will
>> hopefully help with the mid-90s heat that's forecast for the next few
>> days.
>> Befo http://i25.tinypic.com/2heg0a8.jpg
>> Stay tuned...
>>

> Now, you all hear!
>
> Kinda spooky, we gots ourselves a Propane barbeque, a big thingiemadoo
> wannabe Charles Lindberg's missing prop, and a electric fanblown heater!
>
> And thy hearest this!
> Can you all believe, one of them Japanamese motorscooters?! It even has
> one of them short but stubby ejaculate'rs!!
>
> Hail Mary,Thou full of grace, repent or be hell bent.
> In thy dreams said the maiden..
>
> Looking forewards to the seqular Travis.
>
> Jørn.

And, eh, in case it came across (fillinasypuplease), it was all in good
humor on my behalf.

J.

Old July 3rd 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 2, 6:14*pm, "P.J. Berg" > wrote:
.

> And, eh, in case it came across (fillinasypuplease), it was all in good *
> humor on my behalf.
>
> J.

Had me worried. Thought maybe you had been hitting marios stash.
Old July 3rd 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_3_]

Shag wrote:
> I got something to help me save my 64's life this weekend coming up.
> Will be starting to install this tomorrow: http://i25.tinypic.com/288o9zb.jpg
> Grabbed one of these: http://i31.tinypic.com/2aeo40h.jpg which will
> hopefully help with the mid-90s heat that's forecast for the next few
> days.
> Befo http://i25.tinypic.com/2heg0a8.jpg
> Stay tuned...

Let me guess... the BBQ and fan will be installed on the bed of the
Ranger, and you still need a pontoon setup and a swamp to ride it in...
while having a tailgate party. Have any gators where U live? You are
welcome to try out your amphibious bbq swamp Ranger here in Florida for
it's maiden voyage.

Cracks on my Beetle's IRS CV Boots [email protected] VW air cooled 13 June 21st 08 07:08 AM
Car Wash tore out my Beetle's under engine pan. Do I need it? [email protected] VW water cooled 7 April 13th 06 12:47 PM
Car Wash tore out my Beetle's under engine pan. Do I need it? [email protected] VW water cooled 1 April 9th 06 01:24 PM
Life saving driving tips Jason Honda 16 May 13th 05 04:26 PM
My Beetle's Maintenance Schedule - Help Please! Sleepy Joe VW air cooled 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM