More Mario

Old July 1st 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AircooledJohn

Default More Mario

It sickens me to see him still trolling RAMVA for new victims. Here's
an e-mail I got from a recent victim. Newbs read his posts on RAMVA
and just read enough to think he's good at restorations, but do not
read further to see Mario's history.

"Hey there,

I was reading around on the samba, and your name repeatedly continues
to come up. I’m wondering if you can help me with my major problem.

Let me explain the situation, and then hopefully we will see where
this leads.

In 2003 I was living in Wilmington, North Carolina and was a senior in
high school. My mom had purchased a 1978 Vert years earlier that was
in near mint condition. Smooth running fuel injection, great top, no
rust (rare for the beach), etc. Her brother was on his way down to
visit at the beach for a week, but his jeep broke down on I-40. He
called, and she let him borrow the convertible for the week while he
was at the beach. Needless to say, he did not take care of it, and
even ran it on the packed sand on the beach. Of course, he never told
anyone about this. The car was brought back to us without being
washed, but we had no clue about the sand/sal****er. To make a long
story short, due to illness the car had to be parked and quickly
deteriorated.

In 2003, I really had the “bug” to get this car going again, but
didn’t know where to turn. There were a few guys in Wilmington that
did work, but I wanted professional restoration. I contacted several
clubs, etc, and the Raleigh Volks Club recommended a guy named Mario
Gavazzi that lived in Mebane, NC. I contacted Mario, he sounds up and
up, and I went to visit.

We traveled from Wilmington to Mebane and visited his shop. It wasn’t
the cleanest of shops, but what shop is, but the work was exquisite. I
also met a gentlemen named Gary while at the shop. Mario showed me
around, showed me publications where his work was showcased, and did
the “I don’t use bondo, but only replace with metal” spiel
demonstrated by using a magnet. He even showed me a car that he was
working on that a man from Puerto Rico had sent over to have restored.
It was a Carolina/Egg Shell Blue and it was gorgeous. After seeing his
work, and talking to him, I decided that I would have the work
completed by him.

A few weeks later, I was able to get the car running and hesitantly
ventured up to Mebane in the Vert. Of course along the way, the engine
started smoking and we had to have it towed 100 miles to his shop.
When I arrived, he greeted me, and we outlined a plan for how the work
would progress. First, he would start with the body work and the floor
pans, then we would paint, then do the interior, etc. He told me that
I should be thinking about color schemes, but I didn’t have to have it
finalized until after the body work was completed. We agreed on a
rough estimate, and I gave him a $1000.00 check for a deposit. I
thought everything was fine.

BOY WAS I WRONG. About two weeks went by and I had not heard anything
so I decided to call. Feeling uneasy about being 3 hours away, but
feeling that he was doing wonderful work as showcased on the day of my
initial visit, I was relieved to hear him tell me that the body work
was almost done and the 1000 dollars had covered the parts and labor,
and there was some left over. I told him to PLEASE keep me updated and
he agreed that he would.

Another two weeks went by and I did not hear anything so I called.
Except this time I got a disconnected number recording. Not knowing
what to do, I contacted 411 and was able to get a phone number of his
new place. I called, left numerous messages and never once did he call
me back. Finally, I went on a little snooping trip to Mebane and asked
around. No one had heard or seen from the guy. After consulting with
the police, they told me where his new shop was and that his old one
had been shut down because of his paint booth. I found the new shop
and my car was there, JUST AS UNTOUCHED AS THE DAY I HAD DROPPED IT
OFF. No work had been completed. I confronted him, and he told me that
all of the work was under the seats and with the floor pans, etc. I
checked and nothing had been done. I told him that I was in the
process of moving to Virginia and I could not take the car with me
right now, but I would be back to pick up the car and my money as
well. He agreed that “I had that right” and told me that he would give
me the deposit back. I WAS FURIOUS.

Anyway, I moved to Virginia and got settled. I again, made the trip
back to Mebane to get my car, but his shop was gone once again. This
time, no one had any information, not even the police. I finally was
able to track him down at his personal residence, which was a run down
trailer. I found the trailer, knocked on the door, and of course there
was no answer. I left a not to please call me ASAP and got in my truck
to leave. As I was leaving, my mom was with me on this trip, she
noticed that there were some Volks parts behind the trailer in the
woods. I stopped, and went looking and sure enough, there were the
fenders to my car just sitting and rusting behind the trailer. Not
wanting to get in trouble for stealing, I took tons of pictures for
documentation. Of course, the main guts of the car was not there.

Since then, I have been unable to track him down and I have no way of
contacting him. I continue to run in to roadblocks every where I turn
and even the police say they cannot do anything else. They have looked
for the car, but if they can’t find it, they can’t prosecute. At this
point, I don’t care what shape the car is in, I just want it back. I
don’t care about the deposit, or any work that has not been done, I
just want the car back. I am hoping that by some chance you have some
information that might help me. I know my car is in a million parts,
and that’s fine. I just want whatever is left back for sentimental
reasons. INCLUDING THE BRAND NEW EMPI 4 SPOKES THAT I PUT ON THE CAR
RIGHT BEFORE IT WENT TO HIS SHOP!!!!!

If you can help me at all, or supply me with any information/advice I
would greatly appreciate it. I hope that I have not bored you with
this e-mail!

Thanks so much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely

Benjamin *********

"
Old July 1st 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 1, 1:17*pm, AircooledJohn > wrote:

snip snip snip

Did he ever get his car back or any satisfaction ?

That mario asshole needs to be gone. Period.

Randy
Old July 1st 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 1, 1:02 pm, wrote:
> On Jul 1, 1:17 pm, AircooledJohn > wrote:
>
> snip snip snip
>
> Did he ever get his car back or any satisfaction ?
>
> That mario asshole needs to be gone. Period.
>
> Randy

I'm loving this. I was going to post this on here, but looks like
John beat me to the punch. I predict Mario will one day soon be the
victim of a very harsh brand of justice, and I think it's all but
guranteed he will burn in hell.
Old July 1st 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Meyer

On Jul 1, 1:02*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 1, 1:17*pm, AircooledJohn > wrote:
>
> snip snip snip
>
> Did he ever get his car back or any satisfaction ?
>
> That mario asshole needs to be gone. *Period.
>
> Randy

For those of you who aren't familiar with the saga of the thief, Mario
Gavazzi doing business as "Vintage Works" amd using the name
"Kafertoys" on the web - here is a short rundown:

The Samba feedback for Mario (15 pages after being culled through many
times - all negaative): http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96792

A site that had to be created especially to warn folks away from Mario
with documented proof of one of Mario's earlier thefts:
http://www.mariogavazzivintagewerks.com/

Local news video coverage of one of Mario and Sherry's latest thefts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y

Mario is now permanently flagged as a thief on Richard Atwell's site
(a highly respected venue - look for "Caveat Emptor": http://www.ratwell.com/

The documented saga of Joan's bug, one of Mario and Sherry's more
blatant crimes: http://metwiz.com/joansbug.htm

A recap on the SEWR (an offshoot of the old TS Rants - not
affiliated): http://www.thesambachops.com/SeaElep...opic.php?t=937

We know of literally dozens of people who have been shafted by Mario
and Sherry. This is very well documented. It was proven beyond any
doubt in these very user groups that Mario is an habitual liar. He has
claimed multiple show wins this year, and when directly challenged to
provide details, he was unable to do so.

Mario's only response to date has been clams that everybody is jealous
of his work, despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary, and as
"proof", he offers timy pictures that obviously prove nothing. Over
the years, Mario has NOT ONCE been able to effectively explain or
counter in any way any claim that has been made against him.

And yet as time passes, people continue to be hurt. To the best of my
knowledge, Mario has been allowed to continue to troll for
unsuspecting customers both here and in the Full Moon Bus Club forums.
He has been banned from every other VW group and forum that I am aware
of. I ask that this group and the Full Moon Bus Club consider the
evidence - which is pretty hard to ignore - and help stop him from
causing further harm.

*

Old July 1st 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Tim Rogers

This is really sad. Benjamin's experience follows the same pattern
that we've all seen with mario for several years now and I can't
believe that he's still getting away with it. I live in his hometown
in NY state and if I ever hear from my contacts in the ACVW community
here that he's hiding out in this area, I'll alert you guys and maybe
samba as well. He'll pop up somewhere sooner or later.
Old July 1st 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Thanks for that, John. I recall your terrible experience with the thief,
and it's not over.

Mario is living proof in the kindness of the rest of us - nobody's hurt
him. I tell ya, if this happened sixty-plus years ago where I come from
he might be six-foot-under honest.

Best to you. I will always do business with aircooled.net.

John

Old July 2nd 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
trey

Holy crap. After being away for a few years, I had no idea this had
happened. I just read through all of the posts on the samba. It blows
my mind. I really dont know what to think. I have talked to Mario on
line a few times many years ago. I just hope you guys get what is owed
to you, one way or another. I have been in the position before, and it
isn't fun at all. If I wasn't in Wyoming, I'd offer to help. Not much
I can do way out here.

Trey
Old July 2nd 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

LOL so much for being a rust free convertable

the real story as follows

Yes the vert did come in with very rusted doors very rusted quarters
and a very rusted windshield frame I have lots of pictures, who
wants to bet the story john printed is a lie?

I did many hours including installing another set of rust free doors
and when the bill was sent out I heard nothing from the owner.

the car still sets at the shop now will a very big storage bill so
think wat you will and as you can see john just loves throwing out the
lies.

Sorry folks business is business, I will not be screwed over again.

Mario
Old July 2nd 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 1, 6:54*pm, " > wrote:
> LOL so much for being a rust free convertable
>
> the real story as follows
>
> Yes the vert did come in with very rusted doors very rusted quarters
> and a very rusted windshield frame * I have lots of pictures, *who
> wants to bet the story john printed is a lie?
>
> I did many hours including installing another set of rust free doors
> and when the bill was sent out I heard nothing from the owner.
>
> the car still sets at the shop now will a very big storage bill *so
> think wat you will and as you can see john just loves throwing out the
> lies.
>
> Sorry folks business is business, I will not be screwed over again.
>
> Mario

Mario, you are nothing but a lying thief.
I find it real hard to believe that all the stories that we hear about
you and your shady business are wrong. Just to many of them.
We've seen the proof in pictures and on tv. We've heard you lie
way to many times. Just another scam artist and not even a very
good one at that. ****, you even lie when you get caught in a lie.
Just one lie after another. All these people are wrong and you're
right ? I don't think so.

Randy
Old July 2nd 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 1, 5:54 pm, " > wrote:
> LOL so much for being a rust free convertable
>
> the real story as follows
>
> Yes the vert did come in with very rusted doors very rusted quarters
> and a very rusted windshield frame I have lots of pictures, who
> wants to bet the story john printed is a lie?
>
> I did many hours including installing another set of rust free doors
> and when the bill was sent out I heard nothing from the owner.
>
> the car still sets at the shop now will a very big storage bill so
> think wat you will and as you can see john just loves throwing out the
> lies.
>
> Sorry folks business is business, I will not be screwed over again.
>
> Mario

**** you, you cocksucking ****eating meth head son of a bitch. You
have given not one example of anything even resembling the truth when
confronted, and this is fact. You ****ed over Joan on her car with
that bondo cake you called a restoration and now you're taking this
guy with his convertible to the cleaners as well. Why the **** can't
you keep your shop in one spot if you're on the level? Because you're
not. You have to keep constantly running in order to avoid Johnny
Law, the DEQ, the EPA and God only knows who else; several people that
would like to bash your brains in, is my guess.

I remember emailing you with questions on references for your work;
you asked for my cell phone number and wouldn't give me any names of
people I could contact. Phone numbers are public information,
asshole, so if you did in fact have any positive references, you
wouldn't have had any trouble giving me any names.

Holy ****, I'm floored at the level of delusional behavior you
exhibit. Remember this, though, Tweedle****, you reap what you sow,
and if I were you, I'd been looking at the eternal consequences of
living the life as a professional douche-sipping **** stain. I'm
surprised you haven't had the **** kicked out of you yet.

Few things make my blood boil as a dickchoker that prides himself of
thieving good people out of their money. You and Steve Houston of
now defunct Serrano's are equal company.

OT Mario Joey Tribiani VW air cooled 11 February 17th 08 05:11 AM
don't run and hide Mario Joey Tribiani VW air cooled 8 January 6th 08 02:47 AM
Mario Tricky VW air cooled 56 November 16th 07 04:43 AM
Mario out and about........ Karl VW air cooled 4 October 31st 07 01:13 PM