Saving the Beetle's life this weekend

Old July 7th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

Default Saving the Beetle's life this weekend

Shag wrote:
> On Jul 6, 6:57 pm, Project Magnet #1 > wrote:
>> Shag wrote:
>>> A body lift would give clearance for taller tires which means more
>>> ground clearance. I've done the re-indexing of the torsion bars and
>>> all that stuff before. I'm not messing with the VW right now. I had
>>> about 12" ground clearance on my old baja. I wish I could put up my
>>> old "bug adventures" page and you'd see some of the stuff I put my '63
>>> through and it would probably inspire you to push your own VW a little
>>> harder. Or a LOT harder. heh heh

>> I push it pretty hard already, the trails I take it on have stopped
>> several 4x4's in the past couple of weeks. A Jeep got buried to the
>> bottom of the doors a couple of weeks ago, and a Bronco lost their
>> transmission trying to get the Jeep out.
>>
>> Another Jeep last week, same hole, busted a front axle when he buried it.
>>
>> An Isuzu Trooper lost his front differential climbing over a tree that's
>> down across one trail. I made it across it, had to use my ATV winch, but
>> I made it without any damage.
>>
>> Les
>> Les

> Oh, OK. Then you've done much more extreme stuff than I've ever
> thought of. heh heh

Sand and hills are boring. I've been running the local 4x4 trails. Creek
crossings that'll have you pushing water with the headlights, crawling
up ravines, deep mud holes, rocky trails, you name it...

Les
Old July 7th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
> Joey Tribiani wrote:

>>> That's right. You tell him where to shove it. Shag, I find your work
>>> enjoyable to read. Keep it up.

>> some folks just don't get sarcasm... you missed it twice, David... try
>> harder

> and more folks don't get my sarcasm of the sarcasm.. haha

stop hiding it then....

Old July 7th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Joey Tribiani wrote:

> stop hiding it then....

Umm... you missed it, try harder
Old July 7th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
. ..
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>
>> stop hiding it then....

> Umm... you missed it, try harder

haha...i did... not denying that at all... based on past exchanges, it seems
you aren't usually sarcastic when it come to me getting something
shoved...LOL

Old July 7th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>>
>>> stop hiding it then....

>> Umm... you missed it, try harder

> haha...i did... not denying that at all... based on past exchanges, it seems
> you aren't usually sarcastic when it come to me getting something
> shoved...LOL

I read this forum much more than I post, so I guess you have a better
memory than me cause I don't know what you're referring to. But don't
remind me, either, cause it doesn't matter.
Old July 7th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
. ..

> I read this forum much more than I post, so I guess you have a better
> memory than me cause I don't know what you're referring to. But don't
> remind me, either, cause it doesn't matter.

i agree, it doesn't matter...

Old July 7th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Shag wrote:
> I wish I could put up my
> old "bug adventures" page and you'd see some of the stuff I put my '63
> through

If I had a colo server I'd offer to host it. I remember your stuff
really well. I thought we lost you to the jeep
Old July 7th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_3_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
>> I read this forum much more than I post, so I guess you have a better
>> memory than me cause I don't know what you're referring to. But don't
>> remind me, either, cause it doesn't matter.

> i agree, it doesn't matter...

Mind over matter.... I don't mind, and you don't matter
Old July 7th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> Mind over matter.... I don't mind, and you don't matter

love you too, sweetcheeks...<G>

Old July 7th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Cecil

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 07:55:02 -0700, David Gravereaux >
wrote:

>Shag wrote:
>> I wish I could put up my
>> old "bug adventures" page and you'd see some of the stuff I put my '63
>> through

>If I had a colo server I'd offer to host it. I remember your stuff
>really well. I thought we lost you to the jeep

Put it on Flickr?
--
Michael Cecil
http://macecil.googlepages.com/index.htm

Cracks on my Beetle's IRS CV Boots [email protected] VW air cooled 13 June 21st 08 07:08 AM
Car Wash tore out my Beetle's under engine pan. Do I need it? [email protected] VW water cooled 7 April 13th 06 12:47 PM
Car Wash tore out my Beetle's under engine pan. Do I need it? [email protected] VW water cooled 1 April 9th 06 01:24 PM
Life saving driving tips Jason Honda 16 May 13th 05 04:26 PM
My Beetle's Maintenance Schedule - Help Please! Sleepy Joe VW air cooled 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM