1958 Ford Customline Amb -Ron-2.jpg Aussie Wagons some reposts 94012 bytes

Old August 9th 07, 04:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows

Default 1958 Ford Customline Amb -Ron-2.jpg Aussie Wagons some reposts 94012 bytes

Here are a few

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1958 Ford Customline Amb -Ron-2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	85637
Old August 9th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Mike G.

It still just floors me that they sell in Australia as a 58 model what is here in the states a 55 Ford. 3 years difference, and
they are not consistent either because you posted what you listed as a 61 Ford wagon what was here a 59, 2 years difference.

Of course I've seen pictures of what here is a 66 Ford that in Brazil they sold as a 72.

Mike

--
Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Old August 9th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Mike G.

Old August 9th 07, 07:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Ron

Default 1958 Ford Customline Amb -Ron-2.jpg Aussie Wagons some reposts 94012 bytes - 1 attachment

"Mike G." > wrote in
m:

Mike,

Ford AU kept the old Cusso going as the US 57 was butt ugly and the 58 not
much better. Ford AU kept the 59 model going until 62, as it was popular,
then went to the 62 compact.

However, you can pick the difference. The AU grill on the 60 to 62 has
little rectangles, not stars, and looks like this.

Cheers,
Ron

> It still just floors me that they sell in Australia as a 58 model what
> is here in the states a 55 Ford. 3 years difference, and they are not
> consistent either because you posted what you listed as a 61 Ford
> wagon what was here a 59, 2 years difference.
>
> Of course I've seen pictures of what here is a 66 Ford that in Brazil
> they sold as a 72.
>
> Mike

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 Ford Fairlane 500 AU -Ron-4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	85720
Old August 9th 07, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Mike G.

"Ron" <dodo@hotmail> wrote in message ...
> "Mike G." > wrote in
> m:
>
> Mike,
>
> Ford AU kept the old Cusso going as the US 57 was butt ugly and the 58 not
> much better. Ford AU kept the 59 model going until 62, as it was popular,
> then went to the 62 compact.
>
> However, you can pick the difference. The AU grill on the 60 to 62 has
> little rectangles, not stars, and looks like this.
>
> Cheers,
> Ron

I like that grill Ron, make a neat custom grill for a 59 here and everyone would wonder about it. Lol
I don't know though, I'd have to disagree with you about the 57 Ford, I liked it.

So, did the 56 Ford body get used there in Australia?

Mike

--
Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Old August 9th 07, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Ron

Default 1958 Ford Customline Amb -Ron-2.jpg Aussie Wagons some reposts 94012 bytes - 1 attachment - 4 attachments

"Mike G." > wrote in
:

> "Ron" <dodo@hotmail> wrote in message
>> "Mike G." > wrote in
>> m:
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Ford AU kept the old Cusso going as the US 57 was butt ugly and the
>> 58 not much better. Ford AU kept the 59 model going until 62, as it
>> was popular, then went to the 62 compact.
>>
>> However, you can pick the difference. The AU grill on the 60 to 62
>> has little rectangles, not stars, and looks like this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ron

> I like that grill Ron, make a neat custom grill for a 59 here and
> everyone would wonder about it. Lol I don't know though, I'd have to
> disagree with you about the 57 Ford, I liked it.
>
> So, did the 56 Ford body get used there in Australia?
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Sure did, Mike.

These are the models.

Cheers,
Ron

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1955_Ford_Customline_fs.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	85849  Click image for larger version

Name:	1956_Customline_fs.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	85850  Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Ford Customline (AU).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	85851  Click image for larger version

Name:	1958 Ford Customline.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	85852