What car and what year 01 clue 3 - What car and what year 01 clue 3.JPG (1/1)

Old October 23rd 09, 04:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Default What car and what year 01 clue 3 - What car and what year 01 clue 3.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What car and what year 01 clue 3.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	187336
Old October 23rd 09, 08:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Max Magister

Hi Doby, Could this be a Studebaker from sometime in the 1920s? I don't
know enough about them to be able to suggest a year but the decorated panel
around the gauges suggests something better than the low-priced field.

max

Old October 23rd 09, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:27:30 -0700, "Max Magister"
> wrote:

>>Hi Doby, Could this be a Studebaker from sometime in the 1920s? I don't
>>know enough about them to be able to suggest a year but the decorated panel
>>around the gauges suggests something better than the low-priced field.
>>
>>max
>>
>>"Doby" > wrote in message
. ..

Sorry, not a Studebaker, but company was in business b4 1909.

Doby
Old October 24th 09, 05:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

Hudson Super 6 Coupe Cabriolet ca 1930??
jean

Old October 24th 09, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:05:54 -0500, "John Bradley" > wrote:

>>Hudson Super 6 Coupe Cabriolet ca 1930??
>>jean
>>
>>"Doby" > wrote in message
. ..

HORRAY ! You are but one year off. It's a 1929 and unfortunately,
the owner did not have the body coachwork maker named on his
entry card and I was un-able to find him to see if he knew.

I will now start posting the rest of my photos from the event.
They will include several view of the magnificent vehicle as well
as a 1937 Terraplane pickup truck. Rare because that was the
last year before they stopped making pickups until after the
WWII was over and they made Hudsone pickup trucks in 1946.
In 1940 they offered a pull-out box that fit the all convertibles
and coupes. Terraplane as a make disappeared in 1938.

Doby

Old October 25th 09, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

Thanks, Doby
I'm assuming that the rear seat would make it a Cabriolet Victoria but
really I'd still call it a Coupe Cabriolet because the turret is so short
and there's a boot.
Do hope you got the door details.
Thanks again
jean

Old October 29th 09, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

Just fer laffs...I'm going to guess this was a Murphy design - maybe a
prototype - built by Biddle & Smith for Hudson's approval.
jean