camshaft positon sensor A bank 1/ verses knock sensor

Old June 19th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default camshaft positon sensor A bank 1/ verses knock sensor

whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor
in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

Old June 19th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:55:40 GMT, "vita via CarKB.com" <u22638@uwe>
wrote:

>whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor
>in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

There is no cam position sensor on that engine. I got my duaghter a 97
SC2 6 mounts ago and it was coding a miss fire and a bad cam posotion
sensor too. It turned out that it was a bad thermostat (engine was not
heating up properly) and I replaced it and it never coded again.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 20th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In article <620548c117e26@uwe>, u22638@uwe says...
> whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor
> in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

The knock sensor is a totally different sensor. It detects engine Ping.
Is this what they are trying to pass off as a 300 dollar job??? Cuz it
aint. Please use Google.com to further understand what these sensors do.

Old June 20th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 02:37:23 GMT, BläBlä
> wrote:

>In article <620548c117e26@uwe>, u22638@uwe says...
>> whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor
>> in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

>The knock sensor is a totally different sensor. It detects engine Ping.
>Is this what they are trying to pass off as a 300 dollar job??? Cuz it
>aint. Please use Google.com to further understand what these sensors do.
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22kn...or&btnG=Search

THe point I was making in my earlier post, that year engine can
return codes that are not related to the problem at all because the
generic codes do not deal with the Saturns well. GM uses a strange
system on them to determine proper timing. Around 99 they startted
actually using a cam position sensor. Do not take some codes as the
gosphel on that engine when using generic error codes
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 21st 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Old June 21st 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

BläBlä wrote:
>> whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor
>> in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

>The knock sensor is a totally different sensor. It detects engine Ping.
>Is this what they are trying to pass off as a 300 dollar job??? Cuz it
>aint. Please use Google.com to further understand what these sensors do.
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22kn...or&btnG=Search

bla bla thank you also i appreciate all the things you have done to me by
sending me a guide to pass my camshieft position sensor..... i finally found
someone who can read the guide that you gave mewe clean the coil ...check the
plugs and wire even clean the wire sucket .i drove it for i day came to him
he put it in the computer there is no more codes after that.... then i went
back to the place told them to inspect my car again ....it PASSsssssssss
thank you