Brake Noise Caused by Cheap Brake Pads?

Old October 30th 04, 05:53 PM
Jay Bollyn

Default Brake Noise Caused by Cheap Brake Pads?

98SL2, 108K

I did not find this issue in the google archive.

I had brake work done at Midas 2K ago (pads, resurface rotors, resurface
drums). The invoice describes the pads as part # AZBP1830M, Midas VSD
Metallic B, $49.99.

The service tech said I would notice some brake noise. I thought he said the
noise would go away after 1K miles, but it has been 2K and I still hear a
noise when the brake pedal is pressed. The noise is hard to describe, not
very loud. With the radio on, the noise would probably not be heard. Low
frequency.

Do some cheap brake pads make noise, and I should just ignore it?

Thanks for any info.

Jay

Old October 30th 04, 09:22 PM
jdoe

Yes and it's up to you.
Larry

Old October 30th 04, 11:19 PM
BANDIT2941

>The service tech said I would notice some brake noise. I thought he said the
>noise would go away after 1K miles, but it has been 2K and I still hear a
>noise when the brake pedal is pressed. The noise is hard to describe, not
>very loud. With the radio on, the noise would probably not be heard. Low
>frequency.
>
>Do some cheap brake pads make noise, and I should just ignore it?

Its more likely caused by pads that are better then the cheap ones. I always
run the NAPA $20.00 pads. Get no noise, and they last quite awhile. The cheaper
pads are softer so you're less likely to get noise.