rFactor:new track. Birmingham

Old September 12th 05, 01:52 PM
Dave Henrie

Default rFactor:new track. Birmingham

The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest that
schedules there now.
Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.

dave henrie

http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722
Old September 12th 05, 09:40 PM
David G Fisher

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
> Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
> car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
> that
> schedules there now.
> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>
> dave henrie
>
> http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too. rFactor
has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality tracks have
been released.
--
David G Fisher

--
David G Fisher

Old September 12th 05, 10:39 PM
Sidney H Bridge

David G Fisher wrote:
> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>
>> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
>>Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
>>car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
>>that
>>schedules there now.
>> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>>
>>dave henrie
>>
>>http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

> Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too. rFactor
> has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality tracks have
> been released.

Well, they didn't start on these tracks 10 days ago, did they!

Too much of this fanboy stuff will only put people off.
Old September 12th 05, 11:07 PM
David G Fisher

"Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
> David G Fisher wrote:
>> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
>> . 97.136...
>>
>>> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
>>>Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
>>>car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
>>>that
>>>schedules there now.
>>> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>>>
>>>dave henrie
>>>
>>>http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

>> Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too.
>> rFactor has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality
>> tracks have been released.

> Well, they didn't start on these tracks 10 days ago, did they!
>
> Too much of this fanboy stuff will only put people off.

LOL, ok sorry.

Didn't you say this?

"And as for the amount
of feel I get for the contact patches of the tyres through the FFB
wheel, well, I'm blown away!"

--
David G Fisher

Old September 12th 05, 11:35 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
> David G Fisher wrote:
>> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
>> . 97.136...
>>
>>> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
>>>Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
>>>car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
>>>that
>>>schedules there now.
>>> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>>>
>>>dave henrie
>>>
>>>http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

>> Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too.
>> rFactor has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality
>> tracks have been released.

> Well, they didn't start on these tracks 10 days ago, did they!
>
> Too much of this fanboy stuff will only put people off.

It might. All I know is that I couldn't do better. I appreciate the work
others do. That's not fanboy; it's simple appreciation.

Alanb

Old September 12th 05, 11:46 PM
DJRJR

I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

Old September 13th 05, 12:19 AM
Jan Verschueren

"DJRJR" wrote...
>I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault
> runoff areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a
> new track and having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

How about driving as if you could actually get hurt going off?

I'm concentrating my offline simming towards a GTR monsterrank nowadays, so
today I spend an hour getting to know Enna Pergusa<sp?>. I lost the Z3 GTR
and F360 once each, settling into the minimalistic gravel run-offs without
sustaining any damage.

If having big offs and writing off cars is your way of progressing with a
sim, consider this: you're only teaching yourself how to crash.

Jan.
=---

Old September 13th 05, 01:39 AM
ymenard

>"DJRJR" > wrote
>I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
>areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
>having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

If you can't keep the car on the track, there's only 1 true alternative :
slow down.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 13th 05, 02:27 AM
Dave Henrie

"DJRJR" > wrote in news:tznVe.6319$w46.5572
@tornado.texas.rr.com:

> I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
> areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
> having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

Sigh....here we get a track that is completely new on the ISI side of
sims, and one that is very unique, and all we hear is...Eff One, Where's
the Eff One? RH2004 or CTDP for F1c has all those asphalt montrosities.
At least, from what I have seen, the closest Eff One track to Barber 'may'
be the latest, the Turkish Track. They seem to share a similar elevation
change feel.
I was always stunned that Mid Ohio came reletivily late in the GPL track
cycle, that Cleveland was never properly done for Papy sims from which it
was based. The ISI modders had a more accurate and updated version of
Cleveland at least a year ago and I don't think PAPY mods ever did see
anything beyond a retextured ICR2 track.
My favorite driving track for the F1c mods, was the 2nd attempt at
Virginia...maybe not the best racing track because of it's long esses that
prevent passing and (unless you belong to a certain GTP series that allows
fast guys to 'move' slower ones out of the way :> ) but if you get the car
dancing through those esses just right...is majik. So the VIRmz version,
that was actually based on a Nascar Heat track and not GPL, blew away just
about anything else for F1c. RH2004's Spa was very very good, as was the
updated French track, Magny Cours, interestingly, the Papy modded version
of Magny was not as accurate as the ISI track. 'Usually' it's the other
way around. Lemans has been out for years in ISI-land, but the BEST
version came late and for Nr2k3. .
I expect the VIRmz to make it eventually to both GTR and rFactor, but
for now, we have just two add-on tracks. Troi Reviors(sp?) in Quebec seems
also be in the pipeline,. That one has seen many versions...for a city
track it is very good.
The biggest oddity about the two tracks that have been released so far,
one a port and one a completely new build, is that both are located in
North America. A large part of the ISI/Papy based mod community is Euro
based. I am frankly suprised that the first releases were not the very
same F1 tracks you wished for.

BTW...there are two sandpits in the new track, I've found both. From
viewing the last Rolex race held there, the 2nd one was referred to as
China Beach. What do they call the asphalt that envelopes the new section
of Nurburging GP? lol

dave henrie

Old September 13th 05, 06:05 AM
Mr Q

Forget the F1 mod ... where's the A1 Grand Prix mod? If some mod
developers get busy we could be driving in A1 races before the real race
drivers do.

Mr Q