96 Accord EX runs rough at start-up

Old September 5th 05, 06:13 PM

Default 96 Accord EX runs rough at start-up

My wifes 96 Accord EX V-6 runs rough sometimes at cold startups. Seems
to smoke like it is running a little rich till it gets warm. Car has
150K miles and has been well maintained although wires and cap\rotor
have not been replaced to my knowledge. I was told wires on hondas very
seldom go bad. There is no check engine light coming on. (Bulb does
work) Spark plugs are new NGK.
Would a trouble code be stored even if check engine light does not
come on? Should I replace O2 sensor?
Thanks
David

Old September 7th 05, 10:33 PM

what kind of gas do you use? seems like you guys have a lot of problem
with the accord.

my 99 accord was running strong even with supercharger.

--
shaolin
shaolin's Profile: http://Club3series.com876