Failed Inspection - 90 Vette

Old October 20th 04, 03:50 PM
Empty3

Default Failed Inspection - 90 Vette

Anybody help me pinpoint the problem.

90 Vette Coupe, 120,000 miles. Houston Tx: CO2 state emission allowance
failed at both low speed and high speed.\
I have heard tapping noise from the passenger side of the valve covers
(possible lifter), would this cause
CO2 emissions? This could also be a break in the manifold gasket, again,
could this cause CO2 emissions?

Any other possible problems?

Empty3

Old October 20th 04, 04:25 PM
RicSeyler

Since your state has requires tests (whew glad Florida doesn't :-)
I would think there are local mechanics that very knowledgeable
in what to look for. That's kinda a specific field I'd think.

Maybe a Google search for Co2 emission failure.

--
Ric Seyler

Old October 20th 04, 04:25 PM
RicSeyler

--
Ric Seyler

Old October 20th 04, 08:19 PM
Dad

"Empty3" > wrote in message
> Anybody help me pinpoint the problem.
>
> 90 Vette Coupe, 120,000 miles. Houston Tx: CO2 state emission allowance
> failed at both low speed and high speed.\
> I have heard tapping noise from the passenger side of the valve covers
> (possible lifter), would this cause
> CO2 emissions? This could also be a break in the manifold gasket, again,
> could this cause CO2 emissions?
>
> Any other possible problems?
>
> Empty3

When was the last time you cleaned your injectors???

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 20th 04, 08:19 PM
Dad

Old October 20th 04, 09:58 PM
Empty3

"Dad" > wrote in message

> "Empty3" > wrote in message
> > Anybody help me pinpoint the problem.
> >
> > 90 Vette Coupe, 120,000 miles. Houston Tx: CO2 state emission allowance
> > failed at both low speed and high speed.\
> > I have heard tapping noise from the passenger side of the valve covers
> > (possible lifter), would this cause
> > CO2 emissions? This could also be a break in the manifold gasket,

again,
> > could this cause CO2 emissions?
> >
> > Any other possible problems?
> >
> > Empty3
> >

> When was the last time you cleaned your injectors???

Its been over a 1 1/2 years (when first got car). I'm looking to fix the
tapping problem and
might as well see what else I can replace while the valve covers are off.
The distributor system
is new (about a year), but I'm also leaning towards a minor tune up. Thing
is, the "service engine
soon" light does not come on to try and pinpoint with diagnostics.

Old October 20th 04, 09:58 PM
Empty3

Old October 20th 04, 10:00 PM
Empty3

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
. ..
> Since your state has requires tests (whew glad Florida doesn't :-)
> I would think there are local mechanics that very knowledgeable
> in what to look for. That's kinda a specific field I'd think.
>
> Maybe a Google search for Co2 emission failure.

Thanks Ric, I'm thinking of changing titles to where my brother lives so
that I don't have to mess with the
emissions. I only drive the car occasionally. It goes into my mechanic's
shop on Monday evening to see
what he can find.

Old October 20th 04, 10:00 PM
Empty3

. ..

Old October 20th 04, 10:02 PM
Dad

"Empty3" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Empty3" > wrote in message
>> > Anybody help me pinpoint the problem.
>> >
>> > 90 Vette Coupe, 120,000 miles. Houston Tx: CO2 state emission
>> > allowance
>> > failed at both low speed and high speed.\
>> > I have heard tapping noise from the passenger side of the valve covers
>> > (possible lifter), would this cause
>> > CO2 emissions? This could also be a break in the manifold gasket,

> again,
>> > could this cause CO2 emissions?
>> >
>> > Any other possible problems?
>> >
>> > Empty3
>> >

>> When was the last time you cleaned your injectors???
>>

> Its been over a 1 1/2 years (when first got car). I'm looking to fix the
> tapping problem and
> might as well see what else I can replace while the valve covers are off.
> The distributor system
> is new (about a year), but I'm also leaning towards a minor tune up.
> Thing
> is, the "service engine
> soon" light does not come on to try and pinpoint with diagnostics.

Every hear of a clicking injector, don't count it out. I use the broken
tubular shaft from a golf club as a stethoscope to pinpoint the noise.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Inspection II pp BMW 4 November 19th 04 04:37 PM
Just bought my first vette!!!!! Questions... jameson Corvette 82 October 20th 04 07:17 PM
me again, the 1992 vette guy jameson Corvette 6 September 7th 04 06:40 AM