Bush Admin. vows more gas price hikes

Old March 17th 06, 03:55 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Default Bush Admin. vows more gas price hikes

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:50:57 -0600, sgt bob > wrote:

>Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
>executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
>administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
>consumers".

Cite?

Old March 17th 06, 04:10 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

In article >,
says...
> Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
> executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
> administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
> consumers".

At the risk of sounding like Mr. Ward...

Cite, please?

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/
Old March 17th 06, 05:22 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Hm. No cite in sight; "No insight", he sighed.

Old March 17th 06, 01:00 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

ABF> Cite, please?

isn't it clear it was a joke?

Old March 17th 06, 06:13 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

sgt bob wrote:
> Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
> executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
> administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
> consumers".

Do tell...

Sounds like undocumented nonsense unless you can provide a link to a
nationally recognized news source. Like the WSJ or Washington Post.

Old March 17th 06, 08:34 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>
> > However if we're going to go down that road, let's
> > make the extra cost via taxes, and use that money to develop alternate
> > sources of power rather than to invade other countries...

> So, you ->really want to give the government even more power to meddle in
> the economy? Hoping that there will never be another administration like
> this one, or possibly even worse?
>
> That's pretty silly.
>
> Actually, it's a lot worse than silly.

Well, it looks like the $$ will be going to either the gov'mint or else
Big Oil, I know which one I trust more (but not by much) since at least
Bush will be out of office in a few years.

nate

Old March 17th 06, 09:12 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

In article . com>, N8N wrote:

> Well, it looks like the $$ will be going to either the gov'mint or else
> Big Oil, I know which one I trust more (but not by much) since at least
> Bush will be out of office in a few years.

Big oil has their paws on members of both parties. The most telling
example can be found by looking into the history of Al Gore's father and
the holdings the Gore family still has.

I'd rather keep my money. If the government wants to raise funds on fuels
it should get fair market value for mineral rights on federal lands
instead of the 19th century system that is more or less still in
existance.

If there was a goal about encouraging fuel economy and it is determined
that is something government should do, then income based taxes should be
removed and consumption taxes on fuel be added.

Old March 17th 06, 10:29 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

"Bert Hyman" > wrote in message
> (N8N) wrote in
> ups.com:
>
> Do you expect a Philospher King to assume power after Bush leaves
> office and rule with benevolence and wisdom, forever?

* Show me a career politician and I'll show you a crook! Party affiliation
makes no difference; it's human nature.
(Myself)
--------------------
* Speaking to his fellow delegates at the conclusion of the constitutional
convention, Benjamin Franklin reminded
once more that the strength of any government rested on the virtue of the
people. Speaking of the new constitution, he added:
"This is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only
end in despotism, as other forms have done
before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic
government, being incapable of any other."
-------------------
*A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only
exist until the voters discover that they can
vote themselves largess from the public treasury. From that moment on, the
majority always votes for the candidate
promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a
democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy.
(Scottish historian Alexander Tytler, 1787)
-----------------------
* Democracy is a method by which members of a self-interested political
elite compete for the votes of the basically
ignorant and apathetic as well as a determinedly self-interested electorate.
(Joseph Schumpeter (economist)
* The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a healthy appetite
at one end and no responsibility at the other.
(Ronald Reagan)

Bush defends Exxon profits, says consumers shouldn't expect price breaks zz.topper Driving 23 February 7th 06 08:56 PM
turbonator muffster Ford Mustang 140 August 8th 05 11:37 PM
Canada's new Toyota plant RichA Ford Mustang 81 July 20th 05 01:26 AM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM