Bush Admin. vows more gas price hikes

Old March 16th 06, 11:50 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Default Bush Admin. vows more gas price hikes

Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
consumers".

Old March 17th 06, 12:29 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Excellent! Now all they need to do is raise the minimum age requirement to
receive social security payments to 80 years and with all the surplus cash
we get to blow up another country & rebuild it from scratch & the bonus is
pick an oil exporting country & gas prices double again!

Old March 17th 06, 12:38 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

In sgt bob
> wrote:

> Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
> executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
> administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
> consumers".

Isn't that exactly what the conservationists have been demanding for
years?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old March 17th 06, 12:42 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In sgt bob
> > wrote:
>

>>Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
>>executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
>>administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
>>consumers".

> Isn't that exactly what the conservationists have been demanding for
> years?

It really wouldn't be that bad a thing to have happen, overall. Well,
except for the total economic collapse of the US. (not that that isn't
already happening) However if we're going to go down that road, let's
make the extra cost via taxes, and use that money to develop alternate
sources of power rather than to invade other countries...

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old March 17th 06, 01:16 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

In Nate Nagel >
wrote:

> However if we're going to go down that road, let's
> make the extra cost via taxes, and use that money to develop alternate
> sources of power rather than to invade other countries...

So, you ->really want to give the government even more power to meddle in
the economy? Hoping that there will never be another administration like
this one, or possibly even worse?

That's pretty silly.

Actually, it's a lot worse than silly.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old March 17th 06, 01:45 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

> On 3/16/2006 7:42 PM ... Nate Nagel wrote:
> Bert Hyman wrote:
>> In sgt bob
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
>>> executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
>>> administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
>>> consumers".

>> Isn't that exactly what the conservationists have been demanding for
>> years?

> It really wouldn't be that bad a thing to have happen, overall. Well,
> except for the total economic collapse of the US. (not that that isn't
> already happening) However if we're going to go down that road, let's
> make the extra cost via taxes, and use that money to develop alternate
> sources of power rather than to invade other countries...
>
> nate

I didn't realize that the government had the aptitude and/or skillset to
do such things. Na, once they get the money it will be used for
anything but...
Old March 17th 06, 02:33 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

Usually I don't bother asking for a cite, but I really am curious about
your source for this. Anti-Bushies might take that at face value, but
that's just too easy.

So, where'd it come from?

Old March 17th 06, 02:42 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

> Purple Roses:
> I think all Americans should go out and buy them big SUVs and drive
> around town. Spin your wheels, flash your "support our troops"
> stickers, and wag your tails. Enjoy your last few gallons of gasoline.

IIRC, people are doing that now.

> Why not? After all, as they say, all good times have to come to an end.
> By the way, can someone tell me where I can find the person in charge
> of the Roman Empire today? Just an email address would do. Thanks!

I believe that president<at>whitehouse.gov or bushgw<at>whitehouse.gov
would be good starts.
Old March 17th 06, 02:43 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

> sgt bob:
> Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
> executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
> administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
> consumers".

I'm no fan of the sleaze running the whitehouse (or president bush) but
I have to ask: Cite?

Old March 17th 06, 03:50 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving

While having dinner in the Outhouse, Sgt Bob decided to amuse Usenet
with this creation:

> Speaking at a White House dinner honoring oil and gas corporate
> executives, President Bush said "It is my pledge to you that this
> administration will not rest until gas prices reach $5 a gallon for
> consumers".

Bush defends Exxon profits, says consumers shouldn't expect price breaks zz.topper Driving 23 February 7th 06 08:56 PM
turbonator muffster Ford Mustang 140 August 8th 05 11:37 PM
Canada's new Toyota plant RichA Ford Mustang 81 July 20th 05 01:26 AM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM