Tell them h--- no.......... police state.......Police want to scanlicense plates on I-15

Old May 18th 12, 03:55 AM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa,rec.autos.driving
hippy dippy dude

Default Tell them h--- no.......... police state.......Police want to scanlicense plates on I-15

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2044...cid=featured-2

Old May 18th 12, 05:03 AM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa,rec.autos.driving
richard

On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:55:51 -0400, hippy dippy dude wrote:

> http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2044...cid=featured-2

Why do they need a law giving them permission when they already have one?
The state says you're required to have a valid plate on the vehicle.
Why you're on the highway is your business.
Old May 18th 12, 03:20 PM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa,rec.autos.driving
Wayne[_6_]

"hippy dippy dude" <""\"\"\"@bet sweet.bipy"> wrote in message
> http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2044...cid=featured-2

Another bull**** government overreach program for those who want more
government. After they scan your plate, the next step of course is to check
your speed and issue computer generated tickets.

Any time you have an agency, the agency will try to survive and grow. There
is no end to the excuses they will use to justify any hair brained scheme.

This looks like they have more people than tasks, and need people cut,
instead of creating work.

Old May 19th 12, 09:22 PM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa,rec.autos.driving
Sid9[_3_]

"Wayne" > wrote in message

> "hippy dippy dude" <""\"\"\"@bet sweet.bipy"> wrote in message
>> http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2044...cid=featured-2

> Another bull**** government overreach program for those who want more
> government. After they scan your plate, the next step of course is to
> check your speed and issue computer generated tickets.
>
> Any time you have an agency, the agency will try to survive and grow.
> There is no end to the excuses they will use to justify any hair brained
> scheme.
>
> This looks like they have more people than tasks, and need people cut,
> instead of creating work.

What's wrong with computer generated speeding tickets?
Speeders are a serious danger to the public.

Old May 19th 12, 09:37 PM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa,rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 05/19/2012 04:22 PM, Sid9 wrote:

> "Wayne" > wrote in message
>>
>> "hippy dippy dude" <""\"\"\"@bet sweet.bipy"> wrote in message
>>> http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2044...cid=featured-2
>>>

>> Another bull**** government overreach program for those who want more
>> government. After they scan your plate, the next step of course is to
>> check your speed and issue computer generated tickets.
>>
>> Any time you have an agency, the agency will try to survive and grow.
>> There is no end to the excuses they will use to justify any hair
>> brained scheme.
>>
>> This looks like they have more people than tasks, and need people cut,
>> instead of creating work.
>>

> What's wrong with computer generated speeding tickets?
> Speeders are a serious danger to the public.

Cite?

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old May 20th 12, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> On 05/19/2012 04:22 PM, Sid9 wrote:

>>> Another bull**** government overreach program for those who want
>>> more government. After they scan your plate, the next step of course
>>> is to check your speed and issue computer generated tickets.

they want to scan your plate so they can check for warrants,check for
cancelled plates/cancelled insurance,expired driver's license,etc.

Then there's the now-in-testing-stage mileage-based road tax.
They will be interrogating a transponder in your car connected to a black
box GPS system to measure mileage for road tax purposes. you can already
see the scanning antennas mounted on poles at many busy intersections.
Right now,they scan the EZ-pass toll transponders,allegedly to measure
traffic flow and "count cars" passing that point...
your license plate may eventually contain an RFID transponder for scanning
purposes.

>>> Any time you have an agency, the agency will try to survive and
>>> grow. There is no end to the excuses they will use to justify any
>>> hair brained scheme.
>>>
>>> This looks like they have more people than tasks, and need people
>>> cut, instead of creating work.
>>>

>> What's wrong with computer generated speeding tickets?
>> Speeders are a serious danger to the public.
>>

> Cite?

most "speeding" is done where it matters little. It's done more for revenue
collection than safety enforcement.

Worse,because police concentrate on speed traps,they aren't catching RL
runners,improper lane changers,left-lane bandits,tailgaters,all the stuff
that REALLY causes "accidents" or screws up traffic flow.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 20th 12, 03:17 AM posted to alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa,rec.autos.driving
clairbear

"Sid9" <sid9@ bellsouth.net> wrote in :

> "Wayne" > wrote in message
>>
>> "hippy dippy dude" <""\"\"\"@bet sweet.bipy"> wrote in message
>>> http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2044...ant-to-scan-li
>>> cense-plates-on-i-15&s_cid=featured-2

>> Another bull**** government overreach program for those who want more
>> government. After they scan your plate, the next step of course is
>> to check your speed and issue computer generated tickets.
>>
>> Any time you have an agency, the agency will try to survive and grow.
>> There is no end to the excuses they will use to justify any hair
>> brained scheme.
>>
>> This looks like they have more people than tasks, and need people
>> cut, instead of creating work.
>>

> What's wrong with computer generated speeding tickets?
> Speeders are a serious danger to the public.

So is drunk driving but you have,nt been caught yet
Old May 20th 12, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On May 19, 10:02*pm, Jim Yanik > wrote:
> most "speeding" is done where it matters little.

Lol. Speeding occurs everywhere there's a road and a vehicle.

I'd have to agree it matters little to the speeding motorist and their
cohorts...

> It's done more for revenue
> collection than safety enforcement.

Most crashes are the fault of motorists in compliance with traffic
code? I did not know that.

> Worse,because police concentrate on speed traps,they aren't catching RL
> runners,improper lane changers,left-lane bandits,tailgaters,all the stuff
> that REALLY causes "accidents" or screws up traffic flow.

Sure they are, they're just catching them speeding instead.
-----

- gpsman
Old May 20th 12, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 5/19/2012 9:02 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
> [...]
> Worse,because police concentrate on speed traps,they aren't catching RL
> runners,improper lane changers,left-lane bandits,tailgaters,all the stuff
> that REALLY causes "accidents" or screws up traffic flow.

I think mobile car crushers should be implemented for tailgaters. Or
allow the use of RPG's in self-defense.

Of course, since radar guns, VASCAR, LIDAR, etc. produce a hard number
rather than a subjective judgement, it makes it easier to get
convictions, which raises revenue for the police and their governmental
body (what traffic enforcement in the US is mostly about).

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old May 20th 12, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

On 2012-05-20 08:38, Tom $herman (-_-) > wrote:
> I think mobile car crushers should be implemented for tailgaters. Or allow
> the use of RPG's in self-defense.

When they invent tech that makes it possible to prevent anyone from stealing my
space, I'll stop tailgating. Until then, live with it.

> Of course, since radar guns, VASCAR, LIDAR, etc. produce a hard number rather
> than a subjective judgement, it makes it easier to get convictions, which
> raises revenue for the police and their governmental body (what traffic
> enforcement in the US is mostly about).

They give the appearance of a hard number, but it is quite easy for the cop with
the radar gun in his hand to get whatever results he wants (or misread the ones
he gets) simply by aiming it wrong.

At any rate, both speeding and tailgating are victimless crimes. Until an actual
crash takes place, no one has done wrong unless he violates right-of-way. The
law will be rightly scoffed at by everyone until it adjusts to accept this fact.