Disaster near San Diego

Old November 14th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.harley,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Default Disaster near San Diego

Dave Head > wrote:

> Two things:
>
> 1) Motorcycles in American traffic are death machines no matter what
> the rider does.
>
> 2) This is what happens when motorcycles travel in big bunches so that
> the must be passed like a really long semi-truck. They're hard to
> pass. If they rode according to the rules for cars, 2 seconds
> following distance between individual machines, they could be passed
> one at a time, and this likely would not have happened.

Sure your first name isn't Richard?

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400Fx2 Triumph Street Triple
Kawasaki GT550 Suzuki TS250ERx2 GN250 Back to nine bikes!
Old November 14th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.harley,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Dave Head > wrote:

> >Sure your first name isn't Richard?

> Go F yourself.

<Nods>

Thought so.

Old November 14th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.harley,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Twibil[_2_]

On Nov 14, 7:59*am, Dave Head > wrote:

> Racist my ass. *

Yes, Dave, your ass *is* racist.

Along with the rest of you.
Old November 14th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.harley,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Twibil[_2_]

On Nov 14, 8:00*am, Dave Head > wrote:

> 1) Motorcycles in American traffic are death machines no matter what
> the rider does.

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooh, cool! I ride a "DEATH MACHINE"!

Awfully slow "death machine" though, as I just turned 67 and I've been
riding since I was 15.

Perhaps you could tell us when the machine starts working?
Old November 14th 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.harley,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Twibil[_2_]

On Nov 14, 9:49*am, Dave Head > wrote:

> >Sure your first name isn't Richard?

> Go F yourself.

Yes, it's always those snappy/deep/intellectual retorts that carry the
day in the end...
Old November 14th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.harley,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Sam Spade

Datesfat Chicks wrote:
tp://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/14/california.motorcyle.accident/index.html

> As far as Mexican involvement, the occupants of the vehicle that
> collided with the bikes was Mexican. However, this individual just went
> right to avoid a situation provoked by another motorist. Losing control
> of an automobile at high speed on sand ... not a racial issue.

The idiot has subsequently been arrested for DUI. And, in violation of
California law, he had no automobile insurance. Yes, DUI at 1:00 PM, a
fine example of Mexican responsibility.
Old November 14th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Kelly Garni

Datesfat Chicks wrote:

> "Dave Head" > wrote in message
>

>> 2) This is what happens when motorcycles travel in big bunches so that
>> the must be passed like a really long semi-truck. They're hard to
>> pass. If they rode according to the rules for cars, 2 seconds
>> following distance between individual machines, they could be passed
>> one at a time, and this likely would not have happened.

> On that point, I agree with you, but for two additional reasons ...
>
> #1) I have, from time to time, had to go highly evasive for one reason
> or another. I watch the folks riding in formation ... although it looks
> really cool, the ability of each individual motorcyclist to swerve,
> brake, and accelerate is compromised, because he'll run into other
> motorcycles.
>
> When I ride with another motorcyclist (despite one gal who wanted to do
> different), I want to treat each motorcycle like an individual car ...
> full separation. It is safer that way.
>
> #2)If they had been better separated, the car driver might not have got
> so many of them. 9 out of 10 bikers surveyed said that if they were
> riding along and the motorcyclist in front of them got plowed by a car,
> he would try to avoid that same car as well as flying debris.

Morons!
The Gold Honda Accord passed into the opposing lane, with traffic
coming at him, forcing the other driver to take the best evasive action
he could to save his ass, and lost control.
Old November 14th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Kelly Garni

Sam Spade wrote:

> Datesfat Chicks wrote:
> tp://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/14/california.motorcyle.accident/index.html
>

>> As far as Mexican involvement, the occupants of the vehicle that
>> collided with the bikes was Mexican. However, this individual just
>> went right to avoid a situation provoked by another motorist. Losing
>> control of an automobile at high speed on sand ... not a racial issue.

> The idiot has subsequently been arrested for DUI. And, in violation of
> California law, he had no automobile insurance. Yes, DUI at 1:00 PM, a
> fine example of Mexican responsibility.

Which idiot? You, or the driver of the Honda Accord that caused this?

You had best post proof.
Old November 14th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,alt.law-enforcement,alt.california,rec.autos.driving
Kelly Garni

Sure enough! "Dick **** Head!

San Diego fire Veeduber VW air cooled 12 November 6th 07 08:51 PM
VW shops around San Diego Puma VW air cooled 2 October 20th 06 08:23 PM
where to off road in san diego jeepney driver via CarKB.com Jeep 0 January 24th 06 08:00 PM
newbie in san diego v-man 4x4 2 May 14th 04 04:49 AM