Speed cameras cause panic braking....

Old November 7th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Speed cameras cause panic braking....

On Nov 7, 8:30*am, Brent > wrote:
> If I drive 80mph on an empty interstate I get ticketed for
> being 'dangerous'.

Well, you know, a speed camera might cause you to crash.

Until speed cameras are outlawed it's better for guys like you to
operate nearest the minimum speed limit, don't you think...?

<guffaw>
-----

- gpsman
Old November 7th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Nov 6, 11:14*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:08:41 -0800 (PST), Harry K
>

> > wrote:
> >On Nov 4, 10:11*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> >> On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:25:07 -0600, Brent P

> >> As a moments reflection makes clear, the ONLY reason the laws are
> >> written as they are is precisely so that cops do NOT have to be able
> >> to demonstrate there was any impact. *that's why they have gotten rid
> >> of the logical standard of "speed not reasonable and prudent" which
> >> would have required producing evidence to making "exceeding the posted
> >> speed limit is prima facsa (yeah it's spelled wrong) evidence of speed
> >> not reasonable and prudent. *That eliminates the need to demonstrate
> >> ANY harm or impact. *It's completely divorced from logic and fairness.
> >> It's also why they made most speeding a civil offense so they could
> >> dispense with most of your legal protections. *You can't even subpoena
> >> what YOU think is important to your defense, you can only get what the
> >> judge thinks you need. The same person who rules on your guilt or
> >> innocence also controls what evidence you may use to prove your
> >> innocence.- Hide quoted text -

> >Maybe you should advise all the states that their 'speed too fast for
> >conditions' citations are no good. *You can get a ticket doing 40 when
> >the posted is 65 when the road is iced over.

> >Harry K

> To issue a speed too fast under that statute they have to have some
> EVIDENCE that it was too fast. *My point exactly.- Hide quoted text -

Except this state does not have a "statue" 'speed to fast'...it is
part of the neg drive or reck drive statutes and can be cited without
a "crash". Anyone who thinks that doing something like 70 in heavy
fog or icy roads needs more than that... Yes, I had instances of both
while I was dispatching.

Harry K

Old November 8th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Nov 7, 10:05*am, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:10:08 -0800 (PST), Harry K
>

> > wrote:
> >On Nov 6, 11:14*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> >> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:08:41 -0800 (PST), Harry K

> >> To issue a speed too fast under that statute they have to have some
> >> EVIDENCE that it was too fast. *My point exactly.- Hide quoted text -

> >Except this state does not have a "statue" 'speed to fast'...it is
> >part of the neg drive or reck drive statutes and can be cited without
> >a "crash". *Anyone who thinks that doing something like 70 in heavy
> >fog or icy roads needs more than that... *Yes, I had instances of both
> >while I was dispatching.

> >Harry K

> that's still evidence based. * A cop who cited you for going to fast
> in heavy fog when there was no fog would potentially have a problem in
> court assuming it wasn't the usual kangaroo court.- Hide quoted text -

Well duh!

Harry K
Old November 16th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

gpsman wrote:
> Q: What prevents a driver from not panic braking at the sight of a
> speed camera...?
>
> A: Nothing.

Methinks we've discovered another of Carl Taylor's nyms.

Are Speed Cameras and Red Light Cameras About Safety or Revenue? Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 15 February 24th 08 12:06 AM
There are alternatives to speed cameras Ulf Driving 14 December 5th 06 12:39 AM
Damn Speed Cameras... Ulf Driving 2 July 28th 05 07:52 PM
Spray-on mud and speed cameras? [email protected] 4x4 11 June 6th 05 05:40 PM
Spray-on mud and speed cameras? [email protected] General 11 June 6th 05 05:40 PM