Paris HIlton buys her way out of DUI jail sentence

Old June 8th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Harry K

Default Paris HIlton buys her way out of DUI jail sentence

On Jun 7, 9:39 pm, "Dr. Gerver" > wrote:
> BULL & ****! SHE WAS RELEASED ON A MEDICAL
> CRISIS, TAKEN TO A HOSPITAL, THEN RELEASED TO
> HER HOME UNDER HOUSE ARREST WITH MEDICAL ALERT BRACKLET AND ANKLE
> BRACKLET.
>
> git yer factoids straihgt nimrod.
>
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>

> > First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
> > year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
> > released after 3!!! Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime but
> > criminal coddler america says we don't care.- Hide quoted text -

And the truth is that, had she been a normal type prisoner, she would
have been taken to the the prison infirmary or to the local hospital
with a jail affiliation, checked out, stabilized and RETURNED TO HER
CELL (see I can use caps also). BTDT for 16 years and never once did
I get a judge or the Sheriff out of bed in the middle of the night for
such a routine problem. Actually, she would have been given a paper
bag to breath into first and only if she didn't calm down then medical
aid would be called.
Harry K

Harry K

Old June 8th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

necromancer > wrote in
th.net:

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS spewed:
>
><< ECP removed >>
>
>> First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
>> year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
>> released after 3!!! Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime but
>> criminal coddler america says we don't care.

> How many times do I have to tell you? In America (sic), money talks and
> bull**** walks. Get that through that thick skull of yours, will
> you.....

The Sheriff went against court orders prohibiting home confinement and must
face the court to justify it,and Paris is being brought back to court also.

It's not over yet...

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old June 8th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Larry Bud

On Jun 7, 1:48 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:
>

> > Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> >> This is not a left-right issue. Most americans are criminal coddlers
> >> who think deadly drunk drivers should avoid punishment.

> > Most Americans don't believe they should have their heads lopped off, as
> > you evidently believe. OTOH, I think a lot of folks thought that Paris
> > was going to do her time and that this early release is ridiculous.

> gfy, coddler.

Nice argument!

Old June 8th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Larry Bud

On Jun 8, 12:27 am, KLM > wrote:
> Larry Bud wrote:
> > On Jun 7, 11:49 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > > wrote:
> > > First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
> > > year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
> > > released after 3!!! Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime but
> > > criminal coddler america says we don't care.

> > LA county baby! Left coast America!

> 27 billion stolen same week by drug companies, in moral amerika?

What are you blabbering about?

Old June 8th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Larry Bud

On Jun 7, 1:46 pm, Red > wrote:
> On Jun 7, 11:49?am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>
> > wrote:
> > First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
> > year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
> > released after 3!!! Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime but
> > criminal coddler america says we don't care.

> Very sad. For once I agree with Al Sharpton. It came down to race
> and money!

I don't think race has ANYTHING to do with this. It's all about
CELEBRITY. LA County IS celebrityville. They want the top
celebrities to move there, thus the feather touch on these people.

There are plenty of non-white celebs that get special treatment and/or
having their celebrity affect justice. Michelle Rodriguez comes to
mind. Jackson, OJ, Kobe. All non whites.

Old June 8th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Larry Bud

On Jun 8, 12:39 am, "Dr. Gerver" > wrote:
> BULL & ****! SHE WAS RELEASED ON A MEDICAL
> CRISIS, TAKEN TO A HOSPITAL, THEN RELEASED TO
> HER HOME UNDER HOUSE ARREST WITH MEDICAL ALERT BRACKLET AND ANKLE
> BRACKLET.
>
> git yer factoids straihgt nimrod.

LOL! Are you that dense to believe such a thing? Is this what
America has become?

I've taken vacations in less posh resorts than Paris' "House arrest".

Old June 8th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
bobbie sellers

Followups set to talk.politics.drugs

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:21:27 -0700, Larry Bud, wrote

> I don't think race has ANYTHING to do with this. It's all about
> CELEBRITY. LA County IS celebrityville. They want the top celebrities
> to move there, thus the feather touch on these people.
>
> There are plenty of non-white celebs that get special treatment and/or
> having their celebrity affect justice. Michelle Rodriguez comes to
> mind. Jackson, OJ, Kobe. All non whites.

Actually the Paris Hilton story is just a distraction while the
Federal government walks all over your rights.

Too bad they cannot make a Federal case of a traffic offense
and send her to a country club prison at her own expense of
course. Or if her home is good enough to serve as her prison
then we should quarter a few dozen other female prisoners there
with maybe some supervising guards. Nothing like having a
guard overlook your most private moments of excrection, etc.

But it is all distraction from the reality of the violation
of civil rights such as the following.

** Begin copied material from e-mail **
From: "Marijuana Policy Project" >

Dear Bobbie*Sellers:

In August 2002, a state/federal drug task force raided Bernie
Ellis' Tennessee farm, where he was growing medical marijuana for
himself and four other seriously ill patients, all of whom have
since died. As a result of the ensuing legal battle, Ellis spent
the past 18 months in a halfway house in Nashville.
(You can read more about Ellis' story at http://saveberniesfarm.com.)

But Ellis' problems didn't end there. Since his arrest, the
federal government has been trying to confiscate the Maury County
farm that has been Ellis' home for four decades. Right now, his
only chance to avoid this "double jeopardy" penalty for his
conviction is to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay the
federal government in lieu of forfeiture of his farm (as well as to
satisfy his considerable debt for his legal expenses).

Ellis' case is outrageous, but we know it isn't unique. An
annual FBI report released at the end of 2006 showed that there
were more than 786,000 state and local marijuana arrests in 2005
alone. And under federal law, those convicted of marijuana-related
offenses are not only subject to asset forfeiture proceedings: They
can also be evicted from or denied public housing; are subject to a
lifetime ban on receiving cash assistance and food stamps; and
cannot receive federal financial aid for higher education, among
other state and federal sanctions.

Have you experienced -- or do you know someone who has
experienced -- one or more of these types of ancillary punishments
as a result of a marijuana conviction? MPP is looking for people
willing to speak publicly about how their marijuana conviction
continues to haunt them long after they have finished "paying their
debt to society." If you -- or someone you know -- have been denied
a job, public housing, financial aid, or other rights or services
because of a marijuana offense, please reply to this e-mai l.
(Include your full name and the best way to reach you so that we
can contact you for more information.) We're especially interested
in stories from Alaska, D.C., Florida, Maryland, Nevada, and
Virginia.

[snip of expansion of above paragraph]

Sincerely,

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.
** End copied material from e-mail **

I think these egregious violation of Civil Rights should be
on the front pages rather than the antics of celebrities and
their putative jailors.

later
bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - a retired nurse in San Francisco

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.

Old June 8th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Peter Lawrence

Jim Yanik wrote:
> necromancer > wrote in
> th.net:
>
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS spewed:
>>
>> << ECP removed >>
>>
>>> First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
>>> year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
>>> released after 3!!! Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime but
>>> criminal coddler america says we don't care.

>> How many times do I have to tell you? In America (sic), money talks and
>> bull**** walks. Get that through that thick skull of yours, will
>> you.....
>>

> The Sheriff went against court orders prohibiting home confinement and must
> face the court to justify it,and Paris is being brought back to court also.
>
> It's not over yet...

Hilton is headed back to jail.

Front page news on CNN.COM:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

- Peter
Old June 9th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Matthew T. Russotto

In article . com>,
Harry K > wrote:

>And the truth is that, had she been a normal type prisoner, she would
>have been taken to the the prison infirmary or to the local hospital
>with a jail affiliation, checked out, stabilized and RETURNED TO HER
>CELL (see I can use caps also).

If she'd been a normal type offender, she'd have been sentenced to a
fine or house arrest, or maybe weekends in jail. 45 days for driving
on a suspended license stinks of "making an example" of a celebrity.
A royally DESERVING one, granted, but it's still wrong.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old June 9th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

wrote:

> On Jun 7, 10:46 am, Red > wrote:
> > On Jun 7, 11:49?am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
> > > year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
> > > released after 3!!! Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime but
> > > criminal coddler america says we don't care.

> > Very sad. For once I agree with Al Sharpton. It came down to race
> > and money!

> I have followed this story with some shameful memories of my
> incarceration at the hands of the L.A. justice system.
>
> One night many years ago in L.A. I was sick with the flu. It was lt
> late at night and I was somewhat feverish. My apartment was not air
> conditioned, so I decided to go driving for some fresh air, (gas was
> less than a dollar a gallon).
>
> I was stopped at a red light. There was no traffic in any direction.
> The light for the cross traffic turned yellow and I inched my way to
> the intersection. The cops were hiding in a nearby parking lot. I was
> then pulled over.
>
> I figured I would be ticketed for anticipating the light. I was asked
> to exit my car and was given a sobriety test. I believed I passed as I
> had not been drinking and was not taking any medication. The cop said
> that he still believed I was under the influence and would I mind
> going to the station to take a breathalizer. I asked if they would let
> me go and he replied, "Sure."
>
> I took the breath test and of course I blew a zero. That did not
> satisfy the cops and was asked to take further test. Each time I asked
> if then would they let me go and each time I was assured I would be
> going home. So, after taking a urine and a blood test I spent twelve
> hours in a drunk tank.
>
> At court I was charged with driving under the influence of an unknown
> substance.

What were you high on?

> Of course I pleaded not guilty. A court date was set and I
> left quite confussed. Outside the courtroom a lawyer came up to me and
> said he had heard what had happened to me and would be willing to
> help. And it would only cost me about a months salary.
>
> There were many court delays until I paid the lawyer in full. Finally
> my day in court! The lawyer asked me to sit outside the courtroom.

So you sat outside the courtroom? Does that make any sense to you?
Wasn't Paris Hilton in the courtroom today?

> After a few minutes he said, "Congatulations, I got the charges
> reduced to reckless driving."
>
> "What's that?", I asked.
>
> " Oh, its very good." He also informed me that if I wanted to pursue
> the matter I would needto pony up an outragous amount of money. I
> plead guilty to reckless driving and was sentenced to ten days in
> jail.
>
> I did seven days in jail. I lost my job. My insurance rates went
> through the roof. And I had the shame of having served time in jail.
>
> I think Paris's release from jail is not a matter of race, it is a
> matter of name and money. Neither of which I had.

Don't you have to sign something that agrees to your plea bargain? Or
did you sign something but like Paris Hilton, you have other people read
that stuff?

--
"There are some gals who don't like to be pushed and grabbed and lassoed
and drug into buses in the middle of the night."