When will speed limit be lowered to 55?

Old May 30th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Default When will speed limit be lowered to 55?

wrote:
> Arif Khokar wrote:

>> Speed choice doesn't have a significant effect on the
>> danger level of multi-tasking.

> What is your reasoning behind this statement? Multi-tasking increases
> your reaction time and speed choice can compensate by giving you
> this time back.

It can't. Multi-tasking can increase your reaction time from 0.5
seconds (when not multi-tasking) to 5 or more seconds. Slowing down 10
mph isn't going to address that at all, hence the lack of difference in
danger level.
Old May 30th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On May 30, 3:30 pm, wrote:
> I am praying for the day when this country will lower the speed
> limit back to 55 MPH. Gas prices have increased enormously yet I
> still see people in their gas guzzlers driving 75 mph. I dont think
> people realize how much more economical , safer and less stressful it
> is to drive at 55 MPH. And please, time is not money unless you are a
> billionaire..

Dear moron,

**** right off.

nate

(wait, there's speed limits *above* 55 MPH?)

Old May 30th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

N8N:
> On May 30, 3:30 pm, wrote:
> > I am praying for the day when this country will lower the speed
> > limit back to 55 MPH. Gas prices have increased enormously yet I
> > still see people in their gas guzzlers driving 75 mph. I dont think
> > people realize how much more economical , safer and less stressful it
> > is to drive at 55 MPH. And please, time is not money unless you are a
> > billionaire..

> Dear moron,
>
> **** right off.

That's the best reply to this knothead I've seen yet!

> nate
>
> (wait, there's speed limits *above* 55 MPH?)

You need to get out of DC more often, Nate.....

--
"Years ago i had a vehicle in which i rigged up a switch so the horn
would stay on continuously. I used it when backing up or when

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/y72pnu
Message ID:
Old May 30th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

:
> Alan Baker wrote:
> > (sleeping, eating, washing) those 36 hours mean *at least* three
> > whole days worth of my free time; time you can never get back.

> My argument is that driving 55 MPH will is more productive since it
> frees your mind to multi-task.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Driving should never be multitasked with
*anything* at all. You don't have time to devote 100% of your attention
to driving, GET OFF THE ROAD!!!

> I like to listen to audiobooks while driving.

So?

> I find myself unable to concentrate at speeds above 70 mph.

So, what makes you think you will be any better at 55? And why should
the rest of us have to drive on dumbed down roads to satisfy you? You
can't concentrate at 70MPH? Stick to the surface streets.

> So by driving 55 I can absorb far more of the book, thereby

you are a disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately, when it does
happen, most likely you will come out of it unscathed while some
innocent party takes a trip to the morgue. Do you mind if I feed you to
an Anaconda before that happens?

> increasing the value of my time spent getting from A to B.

Do us road users a favor and shoot yourself before someone of importance
gets killed. You are a menace on the roads.

--
"I always heard that primitave hoo-mans lacked intelligence,
but I never thought they'd be this stupid."