Don't like someone? Have the police take their car.

Old April 10th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

Default Don't like someone? Have the police take their car.

On Apr 10, 5:35 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > (Brent P) said in
> > rec.autos.driving:

> >>You assume that people will only use it against 'rice boy punks' and
> >>truthfully instead of making stuff up against that guy with the yellow
> >>corvette who drives around with a video camera in his car.

> > a) The video tape will show that there was no drifting or
> > doughnut-making going on.

> No trial for you to show it at.

Then you take it to CIVIL court. Duh.

> > b) The day I drive the C6 down to Australia is the day I'll start to
> > worry about this particular issue.

> The concept may come to you

Cite?

E.P.

Old April 10th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article om>, Ed Pirrero wrote:
> On Apr 10, 5:35 am, (Brent P)
> wrote:
>> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> > (Brent P) said in
>> > rec.autos.driving:

>> > a) The video tape will show that there was no drifting or
>> > doughnut-making going on.

>> No trial for you to show it at.

> Then you take it to CIVIL court. Duh.

good luck with that.

>> > b) The day I drive the C6 down to Australia is the day I'll start to
>> > worry about this particular issue.

>> The concept may come to you

> Cite?

because ideas like RLCs and speed cameras and other things haven't spread
from nation to nation.... yeah right...

Old April 10th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:

>http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1692.asp
><...>
>"Residents of the state of Victoria, Australia can now settle scores by
>calling the police and ordering the seizure of someone's car. Hearsay
>evidence that a car may have had a "sustained loss of traction" is enough
>for police to seize a vehicle. So far in the city of Wodonga, three cars
>have been taken based solely on citizen complaints."

Ah, but it's OK because they're mostly using it against young people.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old April 10th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
(Brent P) said in
>rec.autos.driving:
>
>>In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>>> (Brent P) said in
>>> rec.autos.driving:

>>> a) The video tape will show that there was no drifting or
>>> doughnut-making going on.

>>No trial for you to show it at.

>Then I'll just have to make up some stuff against them, their
>children, and all their relatives and friends.
>
>You can see how long this nonsense will last before the law is
>repealed.

Indefinitely. Such vendettas are good for the authorities, who keep
all the proceeds.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old April 10th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Apr 9, 2:44 pm, "gpsman" > wrote:
> On Apr 9, 9:24 am, (Brent P) wrote:
>
> > In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > > The problem is you cannot make such reports anonymously - you actually
> > > have to swear out a complaint. Which means the riceboy punk has your
> > > name and address, and knows exactly where to go if he wants to
> > > retaliate. This should keep the number of such complaints VERY low.

> Pfft. I imagine most people would think as I would- I'll worry about
> that when it occurs. The present situation of some jackasses
> habitually endangering the public, maybe me or mine, takes precedence.

And that is EXACTLY how things like underposted speed limits become
codified into law. There is a misplaced trust that these laws will
only be used against "those people" without any thought that yes, the
law applies to YOU, TOO.

Do you ever tire of making a complete ass out of yourself on Usenet?

> > You assume that people will only use it against 'rice boy punks' and
> > truthfully

> Why would you think otherwise?

Precedent.

> Are you familiar with a reporting system that has no avenue of abuse?
> In my experience it's usually the dishonest assholes who are most
> suspicious of the thoughts and actions of their own kind.

So anyone who is concerned with fairness, justice, and due process is
a "dishonest asshole?"

> IAC, I'm sure there's a substantial penalty for making false
> statements to the police and that the LEOs would carefully evaluate
> each report and would prefer to arrest any dicks who would use the
> system as you fear... so you can probably safely concentrate your
> paranoia on the various other conspiracies you so enjoy.

Yes, defending oneself after the fact and after one's vehicle is
confiscated is certainly preferable to having proper checks and
balances in place in the first place.

Every time I think "gpstroll can't possibly post something more
moronic and asinine than he already has" you come through yet again
and prove me wrong. And the scary thing is, people like you are
allowed to vote, which actually explains quite a bit.

nate

Old April 10th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Apr 10, 12:42 am, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:
> " > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >The move for the locals to this nonsense is to write up the forms
> >swearing that the mayor or chief sustained a loss of traction.

> That assumes that the locals are somehow opposed to this "nonsense."
> My sense after reading the story is that they WANT this "nonsense" and
> aren't about to jeopardize it by antagonizing their local authorities.
> --
> Drive right. Pass left.

That doesn't make it any more right. I'd like to be able to say
"fortunately this could never happen in the YooEss" but I don't feel
very comfortable making that statement. Sure, it's unconstitutional,
but that hasn't stopped a lot of other crap from happening.

nate

Old April 10th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

On Apr 10, 7:27 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article om>, Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > On Apr 10, 5:35 am, (Brent P)
> > wrote:

> >> No trial for you to show it at.

> > Then you take it to CIVIL court. Duh.

> good luck with that.

So are you denying that someone *could* actually take it to court?

> >> The concept may come to you

> > Cite?

> because ideas like RLCs and speed cameras and other things haven't spread
> from nation to nation.... yeah right.

Cite where this is happening in the U.S.

E.P.

Old April 10th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article om>, Ed Pirrero wrote:
> On Apr 10, 7:27 am, (Brent P)
> wrote:
>> In article om>, Ed Pirrero wrote:

>> > Then you take it to CIVIL court. Duh.

>> good luck with that.

> So are you denying that someone *could* actually take it to court?

That's an amazing jump you're taking. Once again doing what you complain
about.

>> > Cite?

>> because ideas like RLCs and speed cameras and other things haven't spread
>> from nation to nation.... yeah right.

> Cite where this is happening in the U.S.

Cite where it has been proven there is an alien spacecraft parked at area 51.

Old April 10th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Apr 10, 11:51 am, "Ed Pirrero" > wrote:
> On Apr 10, 7:27 am, (Brent P)
> wrote:
>

> > In article om>, Ed Pirrero wrote:

> > > Then you take it to CIVIL court. Duh.

> > good luck with that.

> So are you denying that someone *could* actually take it to court?

> > > Cite?

> > because ideas like RLCs and speed cameras and other things haven't spread
> > from nation to nation.... yeah right.

> Cite where this is happening in the U.S.
>
> E.P.

Virginia has just passed legislation allowing the reintroduction of
RLCs, IN THE FACE OF THEIR OWN EVIDENCE that a) jiggering the yellow
timing is cheaper and provides better results and b) RLC's cause an
increase in certain types of crashes.

Washington, D.C. has a significant speed camera program, in addition
to their RLCs.

Great Britain uses both speed cameras and RLCs.

Obviously, the concept has spread from one country to another, and I
haven't even tried to list all the places that either or both are
used.

nate

Old April 10th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

On Apr 10, 9:03 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article om>, Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > On Apr 10, 7:27 am, (Brent P)
> > wrote:

> >> good luck with that.

> > So are you denying that someone *could* actually take it to court?

> That's an amazing jump you're taking. Once again doing what you complain
> about.

You said "no trial to show it at." So, no civil trial? Where's the
huge leap there, Brent?

> >> because ideas like RLCs and speed cameras and other things haven't spread
> >> from nation to nation.... yeah right.

> > Cite where this is happening in the U.S.

[no cite provided]

Yup, just as I thought.

E.P.

Police Antisthenese Driving 5 November 14th 06 12:32 AM
Police Antisthenese Driving 3 November 13th 06 11:17 PM
police with quota ticket mayor, police officer face charges. Brent P[_1_] Driving 3 October 30th 06 04:59 PM