Nice price, no wonder Chrysler is going bankrupt

Old April 6th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Get lost

Default Nice price, no wonder Chrysler is going bankrupt

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...0&adid=7532357
Old April 6th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-04-06, Get lost > wrote:
> http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...0&adid=7532357

How is ford any better? Ford purposely puts cars on dealer allocation
and then the dealers jack up the price.

Old April 12th 09, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

Yes, but someone will buy it. And it only takes one. That is the secret to
car sales - it takes one.

I work for a large bank in lending. The people I see with poor credit, huge
amounts of debt, criminal interest rates... but you know what, many of them
have cars like this. Payments at $700, $800 or more, per month, when they
are netting $3,000 per month. They have no retirement savings, no rainy day
fund, and are one pay cheque away from losing their house, but they've got a
$60,000 car in the driveway.

For the record, I just got rid of my 1980 Bronco this winter. Yes, the
wheels finally did fall off it.

And people come to me for money. Go figure.

The auto industry is not only moronic, it's criminal.

Old April 12th 09, 08:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-04-12, Brad and Karen > wrote:
> Yes, but someone will buy it. And it only takes one. That is the secret to
> car sales - it takes one.
>
> I work for a large bank in lending. The people I see with poor credit, huge
> amounts of debt, criminal interest rates... but you know what, many of them
> have cars like this. Payments at $700, $800 or more, per month, when they
> are netting $3,000 per month. They have no retirement savings, no rainy day
> fund, and are one pay cheque away from losing their house, but they've got a
> $60,000 car in the driveway.

That's the monetary system we live under. A dollar today is 50 cents
tomorrow. So many people borrow massively and spend everything they
have. It's easier to do that then to become a speculator and trying to
stay ahead of the inflation. The inflation is really going to be ramping
up with the way they are creating money these days. One of the reasons
I may overcome my cheapness and buy me a fancy car, except I'll be
paying cash unless they give me a loan at a rate lower than I get on it
in a bank account.

Old April 20th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Topo Gigio[_2_]

Brent wrote:
> On 2009-04-06, Get lost > wrote:
>> http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...0&adid=7532357

> How is ford any better? Ford purposely puts cars on dealer allocation
> and then the dealers jack up the price.

Not for a Mustang GT. I got my 09 for 24K USD. That Challenger is about
51K USD. US dealers are asking list about 44K USD. My GT is looking and
sounding soooo sweet.

Old April 21st 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-04-20, Topo Gigio > wrote:
> Brent wrote:
>> On 2009-04-06, Get lost > wrote:
>>> http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...0&adid=7532357

>> How is ford any better? Ford purposely puts cars on dealer allocation
>> and then the dealers jack up the price.

> Not for a Mustang GT. I got my 09 for 24K USD. That Challenger is about
> 51K USD. US dealers are asking list about 44K USD. My GT is looking and
> sounding soooo sweet.

A mustang GT is not what you compare to challenger SRT. You compare
that to the Shelby Mustang GT500. Ford is no better.