J vin versus 1 vin?

Old November 19th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default J vin versus 1 vin?

I heard that accords with the "J" vin number being made in japan are more
rare and more in demand. Any truth to that? Mine has a "J" vin number, so it
was built in japan as opposed to Ohio.

Old November 21st 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Hello everyone,

I didn't get any responses yet, so I figured that everyone is either too
busy getting ready to eat turkey or just doesn't know the answer. My
question was from a salesman at a dealership who made the comment, but I had
never heard of it before so I thought I'd ask here.

I heard that accords vin numbers that start with the "J" are being made in
Japan are more
rare and more in demand. Any truth to that? Mine has a "J" vin number, so it
was built in japan as opposed to Ohio.

This is my 4th Honda, and the first one that was actually made in Japan so I
do think its interesting at least.

Thanks,
Al

Old November 22nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "alfred" > wrote:
>
>> I heard that accords vin numbers that start with the "J" are being made
>> in
>> Japan are more
>> rare and more in demand. Any truth to that?

> Yep.

Does that mean they are more likely to get stolen?

2007 versus 2006 z4m [email protected] BMW 2 September 12th 06 10:46 PM
M5 versus Shelby GT500 [email protected] BMW 23 September 9th 06 05:26 PM
Stock versus Mods zabman44 Technology 1 August 9th 06 08:07 PM
525 versus 530 bmoag BMW 6 February 28th 06 01:41 AM
CR-V -versus- Rav 4 fish Honda 21 December 19th 05 06:53 AM