Need help deciphering code for a Mustang

Old August 22nd 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Need help deciphering code for a Mustang

I know very little about this car which I purchased 25 years ago and
have stored ever since.

I saw that some people have all the information about the vehicles.
Can anyone help me with this code.

Here is the information on the plate:

763 J 66 18O 11 2 6

VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
5F08T667446

Thanks!

Mars

Old August 22nd 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
neildomo

On Aug 21, 9:02 pm, wrote:
> I know very little about this car which I purchased 25 years ago and
> have stored ever since.
>
> I saw that some people have all the information about the vehicles.
> Can anyone help me with this code.
>
> Here is the information on the plate:
>
> 763 J 66 18O 11 2 6
>
> VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
> 5F08T667446
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mars

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html

I just googled for "mustang vin decod"

Neil

Old August 22nd 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tony[_9_]

neildomo wrote:
> On Aug 21, 9:02 pm, wrote:
>> I know very little about this car which I purchased 25 years ago and
>> have stored ever since.
>>
>> I saw that some people have all the information about the vehicles.
>> Can anyone help me with this code.
>>
>> Here is the information on the plate:
>>
>> 763 J 66 18O 11 2 6
>>
>> VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
>> 5F08T667446
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Mars

> http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html
>
> I just googled for "mustang vin decod"
>
> Neil

Willing to bet that the '763' should be '76B'
Old August 23rd 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html

Classic Mustang Decoder Results
Warranty Number: 5F08T667446
Year: 5 1965

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 08 Convertible

Engine: T 200 1v I6

Unit: 667446 667446

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data
Body: 76B Convertible, Pony Interior

Color: J Ragoon Red

Trim: 66 Black Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Date: 180

D.S.O: 11 Boston

Axle: 2 2.83:1, Conventional

Trans: 6 C4 Automatic

s.com...

Old August 23rd 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
neildomo

On Aug 22, 6:49 pm, "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote:
> http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html
>
> Classic Mustang Decoder Results
> Warranty Number: 5F08T667446
> Year: 5 1965
>
> Plant: F Dearborn, MI
>
> Body Series: 08 Convertible
>
> Engine: T 200 1v I6
>
> Unit: 667446 667446
>
> Miscellaneous Vehicle Data
> Body: 76B Convertible, Pony Interior
>
> Color: J Ragoon Red
>
> Trim: 66 Black Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior
>
> Date: 180
>
> D.S.O: 11 Boston
>
> Axle: 2 2.83:1, Conventional
>
> Trans: 6 C4 Automatic
>
> > wrote in message
>
> s.com...
>
> >I know very little about this car which I purchased 25 years ago and
> > have stored ever since.

> > I saw that some people have all the information about the vehicles.
> > Can anyone help me with this code.

> > Here is the information on the plate:

> > 763 J 66 18O 11 2 6

> > VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
> > 5F08T667446

> > Thanks!

> > Mars

For the helluvit I put my '72 Mach1's VIN in the decoder, and came
back saying it was born in Dearborn in '72, and the engine code (H)
means it should have a 351 2v V8 (it currently doesn't). Does anyone
know if Mach1s that came out of Dearborn that year had a particular
351? Windsor maybe?

Thanks,
Neil

Old August 23rd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tony[_9_]

neildomo wrote:
> On Aug 22, 6:49 pm, "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote:
>> http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html
>>
>> Classic Mustang Decoder Results
>> Warranty Number: 5F08T667446
>> Year: 5 1965
>>
>> Plant: F Dearborn, MI
>>
>> Body Series: 08 Convertible
>>
>> Engine: T 200 1v I6
>>
>> Unit: 667446 667446
>>
>> Miscellaneous Vehicle Data
>> Body: 76B Convertible, Pony Interior
>>
>> Color: J Ragoon Red
>>
>> Trim: 66 Black Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior
>>
>> Date: 180
>>
>> D.S.O: 11 Boston
>>
>> Axle: 2 2.83:1, Conventional
>>
>> Trans: 6 C4 Automatic
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> s.com...
>>
>>> I know very little about this car which I purchased 25 years ago and
>>> have stored ever since.
>>> I saw that some people have all the information about the vehicles.
>>> Can anyone help me with this code.
>>> Here is the information on the plate:
>>> 763 J 66 18O 11 2 6
>>> VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
>>> 5F08T667446
>>> Thanks!
>>> Mars

> For the helluvit I put my '72 Mach1's VIN in the decoder, and came
> back saying it was born in Dearborn in '72, and the engine code (H)
> means it should have a 351 2v V8 (it currently doesn't). Does anyone
> know if Mach1s that came out of Dearborn that year had a particular
> 351? Windsor maybe?
>
> Thanks,
> Neil

351 Clevelands... I believe the last Windsor in a Mach I was in 1969..
My 69 Mach had a 351W and the 2 70s I owned were Clevelands...

Old August 24th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RD Jones

> > For the helluvit I put my '72 Mach1's VIN in the decoder, and came
> > back saying it was born in Dearborn in '72, and the engine code (H)
> > means it should have a 351 2v V8 (it currently doesn't). Does anyone
> > know if Mach1s that came out of Dearborn that year had a particular
> > 351? Windsor maybe?

> 351 Clevelands... I believe the last Windsor in a Mach I was in 1969..
> My 69 Mach had a 351W and the 2 70s I owned were Clevelands...

All 351's in '69 were Windsors, both 2V and 4V.
The only "Cleveland" in '69 was the Boss 302.

The '70-'73 2V motors were either Cleveland or Windsor.
All '70-'73 351 4V motors were Clevelands with the exception of the
few GT350s
released in '70 which were 351W 4V left over from '69.

One of my 1970 Mach 1's had a 351W 2V.

Either a Cleveland or Windsor would be correct for the 1972 Mach H
code.

rd

Old August 24th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tony[_9_]

RD Jones wrote:
>>> For the helluvit I put my '72 Mach1's VIN in the decoder, and came
>>> back saying it was born in Dearborn in '72, and the engine code (H)
>>> means it should have a 351 2v V8 (it currently doesn't). Does anyone
>>> know if Mach1s that came out of Dearborn that year had a particular
>>> 351? Windsor maybe?

>> 351 Clevelands... I believe the last Windsor in a Mach I was in 1969..
>> My 69 Mach had a 351W and the 2 70s I owned were Clevelands...

> All 351's in '69 were Windsors, both 2V and 4V.
> The only "Cleveland" in '69 was the Boss 302.
>
> The '70-'73 2V motors were either Cleveland or Windsor.
> All '70-'73 351 4V motors were Clevelands with the exception of the
> few GT350s
> released in '70 which were 351W 4V left over from '69.
>
> One of my 1970 Mach 1's had a 351W 2V.
>
> Either a Cleveland or Windsor would be correct for the 1972 Mach H
> code.
>
> rd

Thanks... I had only my personal experience to go on.. .
Old August 24th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tony[_9_]

Tony wrote:

>>> 351 Clevelands... I believe the last Windsor in a Mach I was in 1969..
>>> My 69 Mach had a 351W and the 2 70s I owned were Clevelands...

>> All 351's in '69 were Windsors, both 2V and 4V.
>> The only "Cleveland" in '69 was the Boss 302.
>>
>> The '70-'73 2V motors were either Cleveland or Windsor.
>> All '70-'73 351 4V motors were Clevelands with the exception of the
>> few GT350s
>> released in '70 which were 351W 4V left over from '69.
>>
>> One of my 1970 Mach 1's had a 351W 2V.
>>
>> Either a Cleveland or Windsor would be correct for the 1972 Mach H
>> code.
>>
>> rd
>>

> Thanks... I had only my personal experience to go on.. .

My 73 Mach I was a 351-2v Cleveland as well..