Car thief

Old November 2nd 08, 11:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
WayneC

Default Car thief

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307...localstate.xml
Old November 2nd 08, 11:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
WayneC

WayneC wrote:
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307...localstate.xml

Sorry, didn't mean to post this, it was a mistake.
Old November 3rd 08, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

WayneC wrote:
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307...localstate.xml

Great read for those who almost forgot what
small-town newspaper reporting like.
--
pj
Old November 3rd 08, 04:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

> WayneC wrote:
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307...localstate.xml

Poor child was on the road to finding himself when these people left
their car locked up where it could be stolen, shame. Do you think his
parents have a case against them for endangerment or having a car that
had no air bags? This has got to stop.............. Vote tomorrow to
end all our problems, they said so didn't they?

Life is..............

Old November 3rd 08, 04:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tar~bal

"WayneC" > wrote in message
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307...localstate.xml

You always have to be careful driving those red corvettes. Those are the
fast ones.

Nice story, doesn't even mention any particulars about the cars. Except
red.

Old November 5th 08, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"tar~bal" > wrote in message
m...

> "WayneC" > wrote in message
>> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307...localstate.xml

> You always have to be careful driving those red corvettes. Those are the
> fast ones.
>
> Nice story, doesn't even mention any particulars about the cars. Except
> red.

A 427 4 speed could get away from you as I recall. Let a friend drive a 71
454 I had -- a terrifying experience.

Old November 7th 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

A mid year 327 or C1 283 could get away from you with that posi rear end.
Just put it into a tight turn, up the revs and drop the clutch in first.
Nice way to spin into the curb or whatever you hit first. Most high
schoolers back in the 60's learned to do that just ONCE.

A club member of mine did it in his 67 327 at age 55. Luckily I have not
had that much excitement.

Vito