Used Civic or new Fit?

Old April 26th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Used Civic or new Fit?

(Andy Mai) wrote:

>>> I don't think MPG is a good reason to buy a Fit (or a Yaris, for that
>>> matter
>>> -- the Corolla get within 1 MPG of the Yaris, also a car that's been
>>> around
>>> for a while, esp. that 1.5 VVTi engine, which is left over from the
>>> ECHO).

>> But what if you want cargo hauling capacity?
>>
>> I cant fit a TV in box from best Buy in back of Corolla
>> sedan
>>
>> See what I mean?

> then theres the matrix, which starts abouve 16k, IIRC. the scion xA is a
> couple grand cheaper.

i checked out the costco website for their auto buyers program. the
yaris and scion are listed, the fit isnt.

comparably equipped, the 3dr yaris and 4dr xA are :

invoice msrp
xA 12,680 13,320 ($640 margin)
yaris 12,126 12,970 ($844 margin)

of course, i dont think i could get close to invoice for the xA, due to
scions "pure pricing"

and yes- the yaris can be had even cheaper, but in order to be
comparable, i had to add the 15" wheel package and power package for the
mirrors/windows/locks. all standard on the scions

if youre willing to forgo these "luxuries", the yaris is $10,950
Old April 26th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

True, since I didn't like the Fit's manual transmission setup, I should
take the Versa for a test spin, but it'll depend the on incentives
Nissan is offering before I jump ship and try another brand.

Pars

Old April 26th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In article >, SoCalMike

(Andy Mai) wrote:

> >> But what if you want cargo hauling capacity?
> >>
> >> I cant fit a TV in box from best Buy in back of Corolla
> >> sedan
> >>
> >> See what I mean?

> > then theres the matrix, which starts abouve 16k, IIRC. the scion xA is a
> > couple grand cheaper.

> i checked out the costco website for their auto buyers program. the
> yaris and scion are listed, the fit isnt.
>
> comparably equipped, the 3dr yaris and 4dr xA are :
>
> invoice msrp
> xA 12,680 13,320 ($640 margin)
> yaris 12,126 12,970 ($844 margin)
>
> of course, i dont think i could get close to invoice for the xA, due to
> scions "pure pricing"
>
> and yes- the yaris can be had even cheaper, but in order to be
> comparable, i had to add the 15" wheel package and power package for the
> mirrors/windows/locks. all standard on the scions
>
> if youre willing to forgo these "luxuries", the yaris is $10,950

Did you know that the Yaris has a center mounted gauge cluster? That would
be a deal breaker for me since I have always had vehicles that had the
gauge cluster in front of me. One poster said that it was easy for him to
adjust to looking at a center mounted gauge cluster. The yaris came in
FORTH place in the comparison test in Car and Driver. The Fit came in
first place and the Nissan Versa 1.8SL came in second place.
Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old April 26th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike > wrote:

>then theres the matrix, which starts abouve 16k, IIRC. the scion xA is a
>couple grand cheaper.

Yep looking at both of them as well

But... and you will think I'm crazy.... but want a
vehicle I can sleep in the back of stretched out

I'm 5'11" tall man

Can any of vehicles listed do that?