Looking for Honda made in Japan

Old January 9th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Looking for Honda made in Japan

I'm in the market for a new or used 2000-2006 Honda or Acura and would
like to know which models are made in Japan. I realize that a VIN
number starting with 'J' tells me a particular car is made in Japan.
My preference is to buy a vehicle manufactured in Japan. I want to be
able to shorten my search time and just look for those cars that apply.

For e.g. If I know all 2002 Honda CR-V EX were made in the USA, then I
can avoid looking for that model/year.

Anyone know of such a list?

Thanks,

Mike

Old January 9th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

all hondas are made in the USA or Canada.
the Acuras are made in japan.

oups.com...

Old January 9th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"J Oat" > wrote in message
: all hondas are made in the USA or Canada.
: the Acuras are made in japan.
:
Not true. As far as I could tell when shopping for one, some 2000 Accord SEs
(only the red ones) were made in Japan. (I bought one and still have it.)
The SE also came in gold and dark green, and all the ones I looked at (in
the Atlanta area) were made in Ohio. I never did find out why they made the
red ones in Japan.

It's been a great car, by the way -- almost trouble-free and still a kick to
drive.

The SE is basically an LX 4-cylinder with an option package that includes
air conditioning, alloy wheels, automatic transmission and antilock brakes,
among other things.

Paul

Old January 9th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

J Oat wrote:

> all hondas are made in the USA or Canada.

Most, not all. The CR-V, S2000 and Insight are made in Japan. Some
Accords (including Hybrid) are also made in Mexico.

> the Acuras are made in japan.

Again, most, not all. The MDX is made in Canada, as is the Civic-based
CSX that is sold in Canada only. The TL is made in the U.S.

Old January 9th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Two years ago when I researched this question in purchasing an '04
Accord, I found that only the very low end Accords were imported from
Japan. It seems they want to reduce the trade balance equation by
lowering the dollar amount of imports. In other words, the only
Japan-assembled Accords were DX models.

Some of the engines or transmissions that find their way into US
assembled Accords were from Japan, some were not. And I think the
poster that said TL's are made in Japan are dead wrong.

Hey, I got an EX V6 made in USA and bought an extended warranty
(7yr/100,000) cheap from Bernardi in Massachusetts for $850. Don't try
to fight Honda's strategy, you'll be wasting your time.

Old January 9th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Interesting.... I recently read that the Japs in Japan have a
preference for Honda's assembled in North America!

Old January 10th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The Big 3 is doing brisk business in Japan, or so I've heard.