Recomended Lifts???

Old April 21st 05, 03:16 AM
dcollivier

Default Recomended Lifts???

Looking to put a 4" lift on a 1990 Cherokee 4.0L. I need to stay within a
budget of under $1000.00 Cdn. I will also be doing the majority of work
myself. Any sites or manufacturers better. I will be driving this on and
off road, and want the best of both. thanks for any help.

Dave

Old April 21st 05, 04:05 AM
Robb S via CarKB.com

one of the best lifts out there are the rubicon extreme's. check em out,
don't know about prices for your cherokee, but they are quality
robb

Old April 21st 05, 09:31 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

"dcollivier" > wrote in message
> Looking to put a 4" lift on a 1990 Cherokee 4.0L. I need to stay within
> budget of under $1000.00 Cdn. I will also be doing the majority of work
> myself. Any sites or manufacturers better. I will be driving this on and
> off road, and want the best of both. thanks for any help.
>
> Dave

Dave,
If you're looking to stay under $1000 Cdn. for a 4" lift, only one guy comes
to mind. I don't have a phone number or a website but you can write to him:

S. Claus
101 St. Nicholas Drive
North Pole, Canada
H0H-0H0

Okay, since you've probably been naughty you'll have to do 4" the hard way
or change your expectations. If it's going to be a daily driver consider a
significantly cheaper 3" kit... you can do fine off-road and drivability
will be much better on-road.

If you're stuck on 4" you won't find a COMPLETE kit for that price. Lot's of
kits will come close to $1000 Cdn. but it's the extras that will kill you.
Another option is to build your lift from used parts. Lot's of ways to get
4" from the wrecking yard and a few new parts to get set up properly.

-Brian

Old April 21st 05, 09:32 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

"Robb S via CarKB.com" > wrote in message ...
> one of the best lifts out there are the rubicon extreme's.

Or as most people call them, Rubicon Express.

-Brian