Bose Replacement Suggestions.

Old September 12th 04, 12:45 AM
Brian Fatzinger

Default Bose Replacement Suggestions.

I may just replace the Bose system on my '88 convertible (18k miles). I am
frustrated by the supposed premium system that is of such poor quality. Any
suggestions on replacement systems? How about pitfalls to avoid for those
that have De-Bose'd thier Vettes? Has anyone put new speakers in the Bose
enclosures along with a new radio/cd? Also, are adapters and inserts
necessary for the new radio?
Thanks, Brian

Old September 12th 04, 04:58 AM
Scubabix

Has anyone put new speakers in the Bose > enclosures along with a new
radio/cd? Also, are adapters and inserts
> necessary for the new radio?
> Thanks, Brian

The speakers themselves are standard sizes and with within the enclosures.
New wiring is needed and most of the adapting is involved in the
installation of the head unit itself.

Rob

Old September 12th 04, 04:58 AM
Scubabix

Old September 12th 04, 05:09 AM
CardsFan

"Brian Fatzinger" > wrote in message
>I may just replace the Bose system on my '88 convertible (18k miles). I am
>frustrated by the supposed premium system that is of such poor quality.
>Any suggestions on replacement systems? How about pitfalls to avoid for
>those that have De-Bose'd thier Vettes? Has anyone put new speakers in the
>Bose enclosures along with a new radio/cd? Also, are adapters and inserts
>necessary for the new radio?
> Thanks, Brian

I replaced the Bose stuff with a JVC double-din and Infinity speakers. You
have to rewire the head unit to the speakers, but it wasn't that much
trouble. Everything fit fine. Yeah, I'm sure that to some people it is a
*******ization of a Corvette, but I have the original factory stuff in a
box, and now I have much better sound and, after all, it is MY car.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old September 12th 04, 05:09 AM
CardsFan