FLAT SPOT BETWEEN 2000-3000

Old January 25th 07, 10:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
IANIS

Default FLAT SPOT BETWEEN 2000-3000

I SEEM TO HAVE A FLAT SPOT BETWEEN 2000-3000 REV, IM NEW TO THE ALFA
WORLD SO DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM OR THERE BACK GROUND, BUT THEY DO
LOOK GOOD. I HAVE A 156 16 TS, AND TO AD TO MY PROBS MY TEMP HAS
STARTED TO GO UP AND DOWN. COULD SOMEONE HELP. CLEANED OUT SPARKPLUG
BUT DID NOT CHANGE THEM.
THANKS IAN

Old January 25th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

IANIS wrote:
> I SEEM TO HAVE A FLAT SPOT BETWEEN 2000-3000 REV, IM NEW TO THE ALFA
> WORLD SO DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM OR THERE BACK GROUND, BUT THEY DO
> LOOK GOOD. I HAVE A 156 16 TS, AND TO AD TO MY PROBS MY TEMP HAS
> STARTED TO GO UP AND DOWN.

I think you'll find they all do that.

COULD SOMEONE HELP. CLEANED OUT SPARKPLUG
> BUT DID NOT CHANGE THEM.

I'd say your air flow meter was shot. Not a bad job to do

> THANKS IAN

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old January 25th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
IANIS

were will i find this air flow meter and is it easy to fix?? one more
thing are the frontend light not very good on the alfas, headlights not
high beam

Old January 26th 07, 12:30 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

IANIS wrote:
> were will i find this air flow meter and is it easy to fix??

If memory serves, right hand side of the engine, between head and filter
box. Yes I think it is quite easy, but I paid someone...

one more
> thing are the frontend light not very good on the alfas, headlights not
> high beam

How do you mean?

Old January 26th 07, 11:24 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"IANIS" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I SEEM TO HAVE A FLAT SPOT BETWEEN 2000-3000 REV, IM NEW TO THE ALFA
> WORLD SO DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM OR THERE BACK GROUND, BUT THEY DO
> LOOK GOOD. I HAVE A 156 16 TS, AND TO AD TO MY PROBS MY TEMP HAS
> STARTED TO GO UP AND DOWN. COULD SOMEONE HELP. CLEANED OUT SPARKPLUG
> BUT DID NOT CHANGE THEM.
> THANKS IAN

Someone once told me that the flat spot in the middle of the rev range, is
in the range where they do the emisions test. I am not mechanically
knowledgable to agree or disagree.

Old January 26th 07, 11:35 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"IANIS" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> were will i find this air flow meter and is it easy to fix?? one more
> thing are the frontend light not very good on the alfas, headlights not
> high beam

I have a 156 (old exterior, new interior) and I find the headlights very
bright and they definitely put out plenty of light, but I find the
adjustment of them to be strange. I realise that in the UK, headlights point
left slightly to illuminate the side of the road and not dazzle oncoming
vehicles, but I find that my headlights are always adjusted too far to the
left and too high. I have mentioned this on every service and the mechanics
have checked the headlight adjustment and told me all is fine. Going round
even a gentle right hand bend and you can't see the road properly, but have
a beautifully illuminated fence line above the pavement! I have to drive
around with the height adjustment switch (on the dashboard) set to 1 or 2
just to keep the headlights down to a level where I can see where I am going
as opposed to looking at trees (Even with a single person + no luggage)!
Other than messing with the allignment, there is nothign I can do about them
pointing too far left. When in traffic at night, with the switch set at 0
(normal), I can see my headlights lighting up cars in front and often see
people dipping their mirrors - something I find very annoying myself. At
level 0, main beam is fine, so I have to move the level back to 0 again or
they are too low!

Is this what you meant about the lights being 'not very good'

Old January 26th 07, 11:45 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "IANIS" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> I SEEM TO HAVE A FLAT SPOT BETWEEN 2000-3000 REV, IM NEW TO THE ALFA
>> WORLD SO DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM OR THERE BACK GROUND, BUT THEY DO
>> LOOK GOOD. I HAVE A 156 16 TS, AND TO AD TO MY PROBS MY TEMP HAS
>> STARTED TO GO UP AND DOWN. COULD SOMEONE HELP. CLEANED OUT SPARKPLUG
>> BUT DID NOT CHANGE THEM.
>> THANKS IAN

> Someone once told me that the flat spot in the middle of the rev range, is
> in the range where they do the emisions test. I am not mechanically
> knowledgable to agree or disagree.

For some countries, almost certainly but you should really notice it.

Old January 26th 07, 07:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
IANIS

YES SPOT ON, I PUT SOME NEW BLUE TINTED BULBS IN WITCH ARE SUPPOSED TO
BE BRIGHTER BUT I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY DIFF.
On 26 Jan, 11:35, "GT" > wrote:
> "IANIS" > wrote in ooglegroups.com...
>
> > were will i find this air flow meter and is it easy to fix?? one more
> > thing are the frontend light not very good on the alfas, headlights not
> > high beamI have a 156 (old exterior, new interior) and I find the headlights very

> bright and they definitely put out plenty of light, but I find the
> adjustment of them to be strange. I realise that in the UK, headlights point
> left slightly to illuminate the side of the road and not dazzle oncoming
> vehicles, but I find that my headlights are always adjusted too far to the
> left and too high. I have mentioned this on every service and the mechanics
> have checked the headlight adjustment and told me all is fine. Going round
> even a gentle right hand bend and you can't see the road properly, but have
> a beautifully illuminated fence line above the pavement! I have to drive
> around with the height adjustment switch (on the dashboard) set to 1 or 2
> just to keep the headlights down to a level where I can see where I am going
> as opposed to looking at trees (Even with a single person + no luggage)!
> Other than messing with the allignment, there is nothign I can do about them
> pointing too far left. When in traffic at night, with the switch set at 0
> (normal), I can see my headlights lighting up cars in front and often see
> people dipping their mirrors - something I find very annoying myself. At
> level 0, main beam is fine, so I have to move the level back to 0 again or
> they are too low!
>
> Is this what you meant about the lights being 'not very good'

Adding Leather Seats to a 2000 Mustang Convertible Jay Honeck Ford Mustang 2 October 20th 06 03:16 AM
will a plugged heat riser cause an off idle flat spot? Courtney[_1_] VW air cooled 2 September 18th 06 06:49 PM
Flat Spot joe BMW 3 March 7th 05 01:58 PM
83 prelude flat spot JZ Honda 1 November 12th 04 02:31 PM
Grand Cherokee Owners - Fight back!! Grumpy 4x4 62 July 10th 04 04:52 AM