Electics Windows sticking

Old January 22nd 07, 09:46 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

Default Electics Windows sticking

Hello

The electric windows on my 147 have been sticking and shuddering up and
down when operated. Sometimes they slow to a crawl when opening. Pretty
sure they just need some lubricant to get going again but I'm not sure
what to use on them? Any suggesstions? WD40 ok?

Thanks

Old January 22nd 07, 11:03 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Bill Jackson

Davea, use some silicon spray on the window tracks.
It might work, it did for me six years ago, been alright since.
Bill Jackson.

Old January 22nd 07, 12:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

Hi Bill

Thanks, will get some today. Do I need to take the interior panel off
the door to spray the window tracks or can I just spray between the
rubber seal and glass with the window up?

Old January 22nd 07, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

davea wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> Thanks, will get some today. Do I need to take the interior panel off
> the door to spray the window tracks or can I just spray between the
> rubber seal and glass with the window up?

I'd wind the window down, spray silicon / furniture polish / ArmorAll
into the tracks and wind it back up again.

HTH

> Bill Jackson wrote:
>> Davea, use some silicon spray on the window tracks.
>> It might work, it did for me six years ago, been alright since.
>> Bill Jackson.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old January 22nd 07, 02:14 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ben Magista

"davea" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello
>
> The electric windows on my 147 have been sticking and shuddering up and
> down when operated. Sometimes they slow to a crawl when opening. Pretty
> sure they just need some lubricant to get going again but I'm not sure
> what to use on them? Any suggesstions? WD40 ok?
>
> Thanks

Do not use WD40, it's NOT a lubricant but a water displacement spray hence
the name "WD". In a short time it will turn into a gummy mess and you'll
be if far worse shape, use the proper lubricant for the application.

Old January 27th 07, 06:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
sendel

Hi - I had EXACTLY this problem with my 147. I took it back to the
dealer and they repaired it. They said that they had to access the
mechanism of the electric window via the door panel and (I’m sorry I
can’t remember exactly what they said to me but...) they said that
they had to reseat something that had jumped out of position.
Apparently this was fairly common with 147’s. Hope this helps.

"davea" wrote:
> Hello
>
> The electric windows on my 147 have been sticking and
> shuddering up and
> down when operated. Sometimes they slow to a crawl when
> opening. Pretty
> sure they just need some lubricant to get going again but I'm
> not sure
> what to use on them? Any suggesstions? WD40 ok?
>
> Thanks

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Electics-W...ict204203.html

Old January 29th 07, 09:50 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

Thanks everyone for replies

Managed to sort it out. A few sprays of silicone grease on the window
tracks, window up and down a few times and they are working perfectly
now. Another bill saved!