Audi A4 1997

Old July 7th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
MrD

Default Audi A4 1997

Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to have
my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission. After I
drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in reverse.
Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in reverse. I
have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause this, do I
need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!

Old July 7th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Yes Baby

"MrD" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to
> have my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission.
> After I drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in
> reverse. Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in
> reverse. I have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause
> this, do I need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!

no, an attorney..............take them to the courts.

Old July 7th 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
G-man uk

Yes Baby wrote:
> "MrD" > wrote in message
>
>>Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to
>>have my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission.
>>After I drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in
>>reverse. Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in
>>reverse. I have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause
>>this, do I need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!
>>

> no, an attorney..............take them to the courts.

That should be your LAST resort, not your first. <sheesh>

Reverse problems could be caused by a failing or failed clutch, but you
don't mention whether this is a manual or automatic.

Do you find oil leaks on the ground after the car has sat for a while?

I'd phone the dealer and see what they say.
Old July 8th 07, 08:15 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Yes Baby

"G-man uk" > wrote in message
> Yes Baby wrote:
>> "MrD" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to
>>>have my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission.
>>>After I drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in
>>>reverse. Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in
>>>reverse. I have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause
>>>this, do I need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!
>>>

>> no, an attorney..............take them to the courts.

> That should be your LAST resort, not your first. <sheesh>
>
> Reverse problems could be caused by a failing or failed clutch, but you
> don't mention whether this is a manual or automatic.
>
> Do you find oil leaks on the ground after the car has sat for a while?
>
> I'd phone the dealer and see what they say.

yes, wait a few more months and then get an attorney involved.

op states it was OK before the oil change or cant you read.

Old July 8th 07, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
G-man uk

Yes Baby wrote:
> "G-man uk" > wrote in message
>
>>Yes Baby wrote:

>>>no, an attorney..............take them to the courts.

>>That should be your LAST resort, not your first. <sheesh>
>>
>>Reverse problems could be caused by a failing or failed clutch, but you
>>don't mention whether this is a manual or automatic.
>>
>>Do you find oil leaks on the ground after the car has sat for a while?
>>
>>I'd phone the dealer and see what they say.

> yes, wait a few more months and then get an attorney involved.
>
> op states it was OK before the oil change or cant you read.

Who are you directing that "cant you read" comment at ?
Old July 8th 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Yes Baby

"G-man uk" > wrote in message
> Yes Baby wrote:

>>>That should be your LAST resort, not your first. <sheesh>
>>>
>>>Reverse problems could be caused by a failing or failed clutch, but you
>>>don't mention whether this is a manual or automatic.
>>>
>>>Do you find oil leaks on the ground after the car has sat for a while?
>>>
>>>I'd phone the dealer and see what they say.

>> yes, wait a few more months and then get an attorney involved.
>>
>> op states it was OK before the oil change or cant you read.

> Who are you directing that "cant you read" comment at ?

yes, sorry, how would YOU know.

Old July 8th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
G-man uk

Yes Baby wrote:
> "G-man uk" > wrote in message
>
>>Yes Baby wrote:

>>>yes, wait a few more months and then get an attorney involved.
>>>
>>>op states it was OK before the oil change or cant you read.

>>Who are you directing that "cant you read" comment at ?

> yes, sorry, how would YOU know.

I won't, at least until you reveal who your comment was directed at.
Old July 10th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

On Jul 7, 1:47 pm, "MrD" > wrote:
> Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to have
> my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission. After I
> drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in reverse.
> Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in reverse. I
> have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause this, do I
> need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!

What was their rationale for your needing a new transmission? Did you
have any issues with it prior to bringing it in for the oil change? Is
it an automatic or manual?

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA