the importance of thermostats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th 13, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

Default the importance of thermostats

On 09/19/2013 08:22 PM, Brent wrote:
> On 2013-09-20, T0m $herman > wrote:
>> On 9/19/2013 9:59 PM, Brent wrote:
>>> slrn, at least the ancient version I use, does not have a spell checker.
>>> Neither does this ancient text editor. All terminal based stuff. And
>>> honestly you're not worth the time. If anything, consider the typos
>>> and spelling errors stereotypical proof of my background.

>> Technical writing a lost skill?
>>
>> But what do I know - just because I get paid to edit engineering reports?

> Just the stereotype that engineers can't spell worth a damn. I have
> word processors and other things with real time spell checking for
> serious things.

yet again dags. you'll see that slrn has a spell check invocation.
it's very simple. but you're TOO ****ING STOOOOOPID TO DO IT EVEN WHEN
POINTED OUT!

> Also much of my professional career has been with
> people who speak english as a second language so that's really
> screwed up my spelling even more than it was

no, /you/ are e.s.l, not they.

so fix the ****ing spel chekr already!

> Sadly nano's spell checking ability is limited to 'checking' but not
> offering the correct spellings.

pico? emacs? the list is LONG. if you have half a brain and half a
gram of inclination.

--
fact check required