2003 Dodge intrepid 2.7 engine cam tone ring swap question?

Old April 30th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
WILLIAM HILL

Default 2003 Dodge intrepid 2.7 engine cam tone ring swap question?

Hello, I am converting 2000 2.7 to fit a 2003 vehicle I have already
swapped out the flex plate and I was told to change the cam tone ring
on the left camshaft, So I removed the cam tone ring from the 2003
engine without removing the cam sprocket and holding the camshaft with
a breaker bar. During the process the left camshaft rotated slightly
while staying on the shaft and I can still see the bolt holes. Seems
like, I could remove the bolts that hold the cam ring in place without
removing the cam sprocket while watching which way the camshaft
rotates and then remove the old cam ring, install the correct one and
then rotate the camshaft slightly to align with the bolt holes?
Edit/Delete Message