Atheists demand removal of Utah highway crosses commemorating fallen Highway Patrol troopers

Old December 10th 05, 07:26 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Default Atheists demand removal of Utah highway crosses commemorating fallen Highway Patrol troopers

"DTJ" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:05:38 -0500, "Sancho Panza"
> > wrote:
>

> >"DTJ" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> I agree there, but you want only Christian "symbols" removed, even
> >> though a cross is not a Christian symbol.

> >Gee, that's funny. Go tell that to all the Christian churches that use

it.

> I eat, so do you, that does not mean either one of us invented food.
> Christians did not invent the cross.

No one said anything about who invented it. Your statement said "a cross is
not a Christian symbol" That is preposterous on its face.

Old December 11th 05, 05:55 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:26:37 -0500, "Sancho Panza"
> wrote:

>No one said anything about who invented it. Your statement said "a cross is
>not a Christian symbol" That is preposterous on its face.

Maybe if I type slower...

If we walk by my car, and I say it isn't your car, would you
understand that? Would you be clear that it means you don't own it?
Or would you argue how you one day owned the same model, and so you
also own my car?

Hell you probably argue with your wife over whose tits they are.
Old December 11th 05, 07:29 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

DTJ wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:26:37 -0500, "Sancho Panza"
> > wrote:
>
> >No one said anything about who invented it. Your statement said "a cross is
> >not a Christian symbol" That is preposterous on its face.

> Maybe if I type slower...
>
> If we walk by my car, and I say it isn't your car, would you
> understand that? Would you be clear that it means you don't own it?
> Or would you argue how you one day owned the same model, and so you
> also own my car?
>
> Hell you probably argue with your wife over whose tits they are.

You're still wrong. The correct statement you could have used would
have been "the cross has not always been a Christian symbol."

Because you said "is" you implied it is not currently a Christian
symbol, which it clearly is. It was not always, but that's not what
you said.

Dave

Old December 11th 05, 09:55 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

>> No one said anything about who invented it. Your statement said "a
>> cross is not a Christian symbol" That is preposterous on its face.

> Maybe if I type slower...

I'd stop typing completely were I you.

Old December 12th 05, 12:18 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

On 11 Dec 2005 10:29:42 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>> Hell you probably argue with your wife over whose tits they are.

>You're still wrong. The correct statement you could have used would
>have been "the cross has not always been a Christian symbol."

No, I bet he does argue with his wife.

>Because you said "is" you implied it is not currently a Christian
>symbol, which it clearly is. It was not always, but that's not what
>you said.

Maybe you never completed school, but most of us realize that words in
English can have multiple meanings. What I said is correct.
Old December 12th 05, 03:05 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:26:37 -0500, "Sancho Panza"
> > wrote:
>
> >No one said anything about who invented it. Your statement said "a cross

is
> >not a Christian symbol" That is preposterous on its face.

> Maybe if I type slower...

Maybe if you type slower you'll be able to think better about what you're
writing.

Old December 12th 05, 03:07 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"DTJ" > wrote in message
news
> On 11 Dec 2005 10:29:42 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> >> Hell you probably argue with your wife over whose tits they are.

> >You're still wrong. The correct statement you could have used would
> >have been "the cross has not always been a Christian symbol."

> No, I bet he does argue with his wife.

That's the old Usenet fallback. If you can't make sense, throw out some
personal insults, no matter how inane they are, and see if anything sticks.
Really intelligent way to conduct a mature discusssion.

> Maybe you never completed school, but most of us realize that words in
> English can have multiple meanings. What I said is correct.

Old Usenet rule 4b: Never admit making an error.

Old December 12th 05, 03:48 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

DTJ wrote:

> >Because you said "is" you implied it is not currently a Christian
> >symbol, which it clearly is. It was not always, but that's not what
> >you said.

> Maybe you never completed school, but most of us realize that words in
> English can have multiple meanings. What I said is correct.

No. What you said is patently false. Don't try to spin your way out
of it, you only are making yourself look more stupid.

You said:

"...a cross is not a Christian symbol. "

That only has one meaning. And it is false.

Old December 12th 05, 06:43 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

DTJ wrote:
> On 11 Dec 2005 10:29:42 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> >> Hell you probably argue with your wife over whose tits they are.

> >You're still wrong. The correct statement you could have used would
> >have been "the cross has not always been a Christian symbol."

> No, I bet he does argue with his wife.
>
> >Because you said "is" you implied it is not currently a Christian
> >symbol, which it clearly is. It was not always, but that's not what
> >you said.

> Maybe you never completed school, but most of us realize that words in
> English can have multiple meanings. What I said is correct.

That is the dumbest thing I've heard since I was in college and heard a
Gulf War (#1) veteran argue that Fidel Castro was the President of
Iraq. He was sure, because he was there.

You're going to argue the meaning of the word "is," Mr Clinton? Is
means present tense, which means you were completely wrong. This being
UseNet though you'll just spew forth insults instead of realizing you
made a big mistake.

Dave

Old December 14th 05, 05:06 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Dave wrote:
> DTJ wrote:

> > >You're still wrong. The correct statement you could have used would
> > >have been "the cross has not always been a Christian symbol."

> > No, I bet he does argue with his wife.
> >
> > >Because you said "is" you implied it is not currently a Christian
> > >symbol, which it clearly is. It was not always, but that's not what
> > >you said.

> > Maybe you never completed school, but most of us realize that words in
> > English can have multiple meanings. What I said is correct.

> That is the dumbest thing I've heard since I was in college and heard a
> Gulf War (#1) veteran argue that Fidel Castro was the President of
> Iraq. He was sure, because he was there.
>
> You're going to argue the meaning of the word "is," Mr Clinton? Is
> means present tense, which means you were completely wrong. This being
> UseNet though you'll just spew forth insults instead of realizing you
> made a big mistake.

It gets even more amusing when combined with this bit of brilliance:

DTJ wrote:
> I guess if I had little knowledge of English, I might get upset also.
> Establishment is not a noun.

"Establishment is not a noun," and "the cross is not a Christian
symbol."