Lights won't shut off in 1998 jeep cherokee!!!

Old October 18th 16, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Renee

Default Lights won't shut off in 1998 jeep cherokee!!!

My mom has a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and after driving it the interior lights will
not shut off. She has to unhook battery cables. The Mechanic wants to replace
the body control module (after changing spark plugs and something else) but he
can't find that part. Any ideas if this part is needed? Hate to take time
tracking it down if she doesn't need it.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/jeep/ligh...ee-135002-.htm

Old October 27th 16, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Roger Blake[_2_]

On 2016-10-18, Renee > wrote:
> My mom has a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and after driving it the interior lights will
> not shut off. She has to unhook battery cables. The Mechanic wants to replace
> the body control module (after changing spark plugs and something else) but he
> can't find that part. Any ideas if this part is needed? Hate to take time
> tracking it down if she doesn't need it.

I don't think those old Cherokees have body control modules. It might
be a switch or relay shorting out.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org

Back up lights - 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD txksa Jeep 2 April 5th 07 07:51 PM
Jeep Cherokee electrical shut down [email protected] Technology 1 May 6th 06 07:57 PM
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee McNick Jeep 20 October 29th 05 03:13 AM
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee cruzb 4x4 0 July 1st 05 03:07 AM
2000 grand cherokee- weird lights problem when shut off Kirk Frei Dodge 0 August 5th 04 04:32 AM