FOX to broadcast race from Mexico in Spanish( Busch Series)

Old March 6th 06, 02:43 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

Default FOX to broadcast race from Mexico in Spanish( Busch Series)

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:38:02 GMT, "Lets Roll"
> > wrote:
>
> >Picking up tips on how to be more effective at outrunning the border patrol
> >and evade law enforcement officers once in the interior.

> Oh puh-leeze. A Mexican driver is about as far as it gets from a
> NASCAR driver. NASCAR tracks are paved, have no potholes, and the
> drivers routinely exceed 200 MPH. Jose is used to driving on roads
> with potholes, paved with gravel (if they are paved at all), and, even
> when he manages to get into the US, he never goes faster than half the
> posted speed limit.

LOL what a ****ing idiot you are
The following is a picture of a federal road in Mexico:
http://www.tvaztecapuebla.com.mx/fotos/carretera.jpg
These roads are free. I have travel them all the time, and have yet to
find a pothole. Maybe you travel other Mexican roads I don't, I don't
know.
This other one is a toll highway:
http://www.cuartoscuro.com/agencia/d...0/0918Auto.jpg
This one goes from Mexico City to Acapulco, and it's in perfect
condition always; you could drive it at 200 km/h if you wanted (except
the cops would get you). Toll highways have free emergency phones every
few kilometers, free tow trucks if you break down, and medical
services.
This does not mean some backwater Mexican roads aren't crappy; of
COURSE we have those too. But so does the US.
So get a clue you ignorant fool

Old March 7th 06, 02:58 AM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

On 6 Mar 2006 06:43:28 -0800, "Zerge" > wrote:

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:38:02 GMT, "Lets Roll"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Picking up tips on how to be more effective at outrunning the border patrol
>> >and evade law enforcement officers once in the interior.

>> Oh puh-leeze. A Mexican driver is about as far as it gets from a
>> NASCAR driver. NASCAR tracks are paved, have no potholes, and the
>> drivers routinely exceed 200 MPH. Jose is used to driving on roads
>> with potholes, paved with gravel (if they are paved at all), and, even
>> when he manages to get into the US, he never goes faster than half the
>> posted speed limit.

>LOL what a ****ing idiot you are
>The following is a picture of a federal road in Mexico:
>http://www.tvaztecapuebla.com.mx/fotos/carretera.jpg
>These roads are free. I have travel them all the time, and have yet to
>find a pothole. Maybe you travel other Mexican roads I don't, I don't
>know.
>This other one is a toll highway:
>http://www.cuartoscuro.com/agencia/d...0/0918Auto.jpg
>This one goes from Mexico City to Acapulco, and it's in perfect
>condition always; you could drive it at 200 km/h if you wanted (except
>the cops would get you). Toll highways have free emergency phones every
>few kilometers, free tow trucks if you break down, and medical
>services.
>This does not mean some backwater Mexican roads aren't crappy; of
>COURSE we have those too. But so does the US.
>So get a clue you ignorant fool

Have you ever taken MX-1 south of Ensenada? 1-D is nice, but once the
tolls go away it gets steep, windy, scary, and truck-heavy. Is MX-1 a
backwater road? Not to mention trucks don't use pull-outs, even when
going less than 10 mph, and cars pass multiple cars and semis in
double yellow areas around blind curves. At least I wasn't on the
roads after dark.

Also, you realize that the distance from Mexico City to Acapulco is
about the distance from Dallas to Houston, by a rough estimate? When
you build a highway like that from Tapachula to Tijuana get back to me
so we can compare it to an Interstate.

Oh, and pretty much all of San Diego's free freeways have emergency
phones, roadside assistance, and we have ambulances anywhere in the
county, as well as several paramedic staffed helicopters. Most other
metro areas in the US have the same idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mexico and some of the well planned roads,
but I don't love the underbuilt infrastructure there. And there's a
lot of it.

Dave
---
http://www.davidphogan.com/sdroads
Amature Ass(phalt) and more!
Old March 7th 06, 02:58 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

SD Dave wrote:
> On 6 Mar 2006 06:43:28 -0800, "Zerge" > wrote:
>

> >Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> >> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:38:02 GMT, "Lets Roll"

> >> Oh puh-leeze. A Mexican driver is about as far as it gets from a
> >> NASCAR driver. NASCAR tracks are paved, have no potholes, and the
> >> drivers routinely exceed 200 MPH. Jose is used to driving on roads
> >> with potholes, paved with gravel (if they are paved at all), and, even
> >> when he manages to get into the US, he never goes faster than half the
> >> posted speed limit.

> >LOL what a ****ing idiot you are
> >The following is a picture of a federal road in Mexico:
> >http://www.tvaztecapuebla.com.mx/fotos/carretera.jpg
> >These roads are free. I have travel them all the time, and have yet to
> >find a pothole. Maybe you travel other Mexican roads I don't, I don't
> >know.
> >This other one is a toll highway:
> >http://www.cuartoscuro.com/agencia/d...0/0918Auto.jpg
> >This one goes from Mexico City to Acapulco, and it's in perfect
> >condition always; you could drive it at 200 km/h if you wanted (except
> >the cops would get you). Toll highways have free emergency phones every
> >few kilometers, free tow trucks if you break down, and medical
> >services.
> >This does not mean some backwater Mexican roads aren't crappy; of
> >COURSE we have those too. But so does the US.
> >So get a clue you ignorant fool

> Have you ever taken MX-1 south of Ensenada? 1-D is nice, but once the
> tolls go away it gets steep, windy, scary, and truck-heavy. Is MX-1 a
> backwater road? Not to mention trucks don't use pull-outs, even when
> going less than 10 mph, and cars pass multiple cars and semis in
> double yellow areas around blind curves. At least I wasn't on the
> roads after dark.
>
> Also, you realize that the distance from Mexico City to Acapulco is
> about the distance from Dallas to Houston, by a rough estimate? When
> you build a highway like that from Tapachula to Tijuana get back to me
> so we can compare it to an Interstate.
>
> Oh, and pretty much all of San Diego's free freeways have emergency
> phones, roadside assistance, and we have ambulances anywhere in the
> county, as well as several paramedic staffed helicopters. Most other
> metro areas in the US have the same idea.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love Mexico and some of the well planned roads,
> but I don't love the underbuilt infrastructure there. And there's a
> lot of it.
>
> Dave
> ---
> http://www.davidphogan.com/sdroads
> Amature Ass(phalt) and more!

Of COURSE there are bad roads, and in a higher % than in the US.
As to the "underbuilt infrastructure", it is far from being as bad as
most Americans think. I have a map of Mexico right infront of me; if
you want to go from Tapachula to Tijuana, yo can drive from Tapachula
to Minatitlan Veracruz using federal roads, and then from Minatitlan
all the way to Nogales using highways, and then from Nogales to Tijuana
using federal roads again. So your example is about 80% covered

Old March 7th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

Zerge wrote:
> SD Dave wrote:

> > >LOL what a ****ing idiot you are
> > >The following is a picture of a federal road in Mexico:
> > >http://www.tvaztecapuebla.com.mx/fotos/carretera.jpg
> > >These roads are free. I have travel them all the time, and have yet to
> > >find a pothole. Maybe you travel other Mexican roads I don't, I don't
> > >know.
> > >This other one is a toll highway:
> > >http://www.cuartoscuro.com/agencia/d...0/0918Auto.jpg
> > >This one goes from Mexico City to Acapulco, and it's in perfect
> > >condition always; you could drive it at 200 km/h if you wanted (except
> > >the cops would get you). Toll highways have free emergency phones every
> > >few kilometers, free tow trucks if you break down, and medical
> > >services.
> > >This does not mean some backwater Mexican roads aren't crappy; of
> > >COURSE we have those too. But so does the US.
> > >So get a clue you ignorant fool

> > Have you ever taken MX-1 south of Ensenada? 1-D is nice, but once the
> > tolls go away it gets steep, windy, scary, and truck-heavy. Is MX-1 a
> > backwater road? Not to mention trucks don't use pull-outs, even when
> > going less than 10 mph, and cars pass multiple cars and semis in
> > double yellow areas around blind curves. At least I wasn't on the
> > roads after dark.
> >
> > Also, you realize that the distance from Mexico City to Acapulco is
> > about the distance from Dallas to Houston, by a rough estimate? When
> > you build a highway like that from Tapachula to Tijuana get back to me
> > so we can compare it to an Interstate.
> >
> > Oh, and pretty much all of San Diego's free freeways have emergency
> > phones, roadside assistance, and we have ambulances anywhere in the
> > county, as well as several paramedic staffed helicopters. Most other
> > metro areas in the US have the same idea.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I love Mexico and some of the well planned roads,
> > but I don't love the underbuilt infrastructure there. And there's a
> > lot of it.
> >
> > Dave
> > ---
> > http://www.davidphogan.com/sdroads
> > Amature Ass(phalt) and more!

> Of COURSE there are bad roads, and in a higher % than in the US.
> As to the "underbuilt infrastructure", it is far from being as bad as
> most Americans think. I have a map of Mexico right infront of me; if
> you want to go from Tapachula to Tijuana, yo can drive from Tapachula
> to Minatitlan Veracruz using federal roads, and then from Minatitlan
> all the way to Nogales using highways, and then from Nogales to Tijuana
> using federal roads again. So your example is about 80% covered

One thing that is forgotten is that in Mexico we have (or used to have)
a rainy season that, particularly below the tropic, basically meant we
had to rebuild all roads EVERY damn year. Also, flat land is not that
abundant below the tropic line. You are always pushing a road through
mountains and what not. And I don't mean tame cerritos...its full
blown sierra madre up and down wilie e. coyote cliffsides in tectonic
areas. Its amazing we have roads down there at all!

Old March 7th 06, 07:25 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

wrote:
> Zerge wrote:
> > SD Dave wrote:

http://www.tvaztecapuebla.com.mx/fotos/carretera.jpg

> > > Have you ever taken MX-1 south of Ensenada? 1-D is nice, but once the
> > > tolls go away it gets steep, windy, scary, and truck-heavy. Is MX-1 a
> > > backwater road? Not to mention trucks don't use pull-outs, even when
> > > going less than 10 mph, and cars pass multiple cars and semis in
> > > double yellow areas around blind curves. At least I wasn't on the
> > > roads after dark.
> > >
> > > Also, you realize that the distance from Mexico City to Acapulco is
> > > about the distance from Dallas to Houston, by a rough estimate? When
> > > you build a highway like that from Tapachula to Tijuana get back to me
> > > so we can compare it to an Interstate.
> > >
> > > Oh, and pretty much all of San Diego's free freeways have emergency
> > > phones, roadside assistance, and we have ambulances anywhere in the
> > > county, as well as several paramedic staffed helicopters. Most other
> > > metro areas in the US have the same idea.
> > >
> > > Don't get me wrong, I love Mexico and some of the well planned roads,
> > > but I don't love the underbuilt infrastructure there. And there's a
> > > lot of it.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > > ---
> > > http://www.davidphogan.com/sdroads
> > > Amature Ass(phalt) and more!

> > Of COURSE there are bad roads, and in a higher % than in the US.
> > As to the "underbuilt infrastructure", it is far from being as bad as
> > most Americans think. I have a map of Mexico right infront of me; if
> > you want to go from Tapachula to Tijuana, yo can drive from Tapachula
> > to Minatitlan Veracruz using federal roads, and then from Minatitlan
> > all the way to Nogales using highways, and then from Nogales to Tijuana
> > using federal roads again. So your example is about 80% covered

> One thing that is forgotten is that in Mexico we have (or used to have)
> a rainy season that, particularly below the tropic, basically meant we
> had to rebuild all roads EVERY damn year. Also, flat land is not that
> abundant below the tropic line. You are always pushing a road through
> mountains and what not. And I don't mean tame cerritos...its full
> blown sierra madre up and down wilie e. coyote cliffsides in tectonic
> areas. Its amazing we have roads down there at all!

Indeed. And another fact that most people don't know is that Mexican
trucks are allowed to carry up to 28-30 tons, whereas in the US I think
it's only 22 tons. This reduces transportation costs in Mexico, but the
gov has to spend more money rebuilding the roads.

Old March 7th 06, 09:33 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

> Zerge:
> Indeed. And another fact that most people don't know is that Mexican
> trucks are allowed to carry up to 28-30 tons, whereas in the US I think
> it's only 22 tons. This reduces transportation costs in Mexico, but the
> gov has to spend more money rebuilding the roads.

Actually, the weight restrictions on US highways varies by state. In
Georgia where I am, the limit is 80 000 # (40 tons) but can vary based
on vehicle configuration or due to road characteristics - such as a
bridge that has a weight restriction (see: http://tinyurl.com/mdl79).
Old March 8th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
>One thing that is forgotten is that in Mexico we have (or used to have)
>a rainy season that, particularly below the tropic, basically meant we
>had to rebuild all roads EVERY damn year.

The rainy season alone won't do that. We've got an even worse problem
in much of the US -- frost -- and it doesn't cause the roads to need
rebuilding every year. What _will_ do it, in combination with the
weather, is poorly-designed and poorly-constructed roads.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 8th 06, 02:36 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 6 Mar 2006 06:43:28 -0800, "Zerge" > wrote:
>

> >Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> >> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:38:02 GMT, "Lets Roll"

> >> Oh puh-leeze. A Mexican driver is about as far as it gets from a
> >> NASCAR driver. NASCAR tracks are paved, have no potholes, and the
> >> drivers routinely exceed 200 MPH. Jose is used to driving on roads
> >> with potholes, paved with gravel (if they are paved at all), and, even
> >> when he manages to get into the US, he never goes faster than half the
> >> posted speed limit.

> >LOL what a ****ing idiot you are

> Obviously you've never read An Empire Wilderness.
>
> >The following is a picture of a federal road in Mexico:
> >http://www.tvaztecapuebla.com.mx/fotos/carretera.jpg

> Which, of course, proves that ALL Mexican roads are just as good or
> better.
>
> >This does not mean some backwater Mexican roads aren't crappy; of
> >COURSE we have those too.

> Thanks for admitting that I am correct.
>
> Now put away your Ad Hominem cannon before I PLONK you.

Oh, plunk away Scotty boy, plunk A-WAY!

Old March 8th 06, 04:21 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2006 06:36:33 -0800, "Zerge" > wrote:
>
> >> Thanks for admitting that I am correct.
> >>
> >> Now put away your Ad Hominem cannon before I PLONK you.

> >Oh, plunk away Scotty boy, plunk A-WAY!

> Happy to oblige you, flamer boy.
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.
> - Dave

You call THAT flaming?? Man, what a thin skin you have.

Old March 8th 06, 11:12 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,rec.autos.driving

On 8 Mar 2006 06:36:33 -0800, "Zerge" > wrote:

>Oh, plunk away Scotty boy, plunk A-WAY!

Plonk. Not plunk. And so be it.

Dave

Advanced Tech PLENI SELENE Technology 0 January 11th 06 02:28 PM
NY: Endurance Go Kart REAL 3hr. Race - Arrive & Drive - 6/17/05 OVRPNY Simulators 5 June 11th 05 12:09 AM
NY Go Kart 3 Hr. Endurance Race - Arrive & Drive - 6/17/05 OVRPNY VW air cooled 0 June 8th 05 06:48 PM
Brownbays Race Page Presents The CRO Sportsman Series Joe Simulators 1 October 27th 04 06:04 PM
Brownbays Race Page Presents The CRO Sportsman Series Joe Simulators 0 October 27th 04 12:59 PM