Story On Cops Parking Illegally Gets Mixed Reactions

Old December 14th 05, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Story On Cops Parking Illegally Gets Mixed Reactions

Story On Cops Parking Illegally Gets Mixed Reactions

Video he

http://mfile.akamai.com/12918/wmv/vo...23861.200k.asx

Related story he

http://www.local10.com/news/5527990/detail.html

Old December 14th 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

BE wrote:

> Story On Cops Parking Illegally Gets Mixed Reactions

> Related story he
>
> http://www.local10.com/news/5527990/detail.html

>Lt. Bill Schwartz, with the Miami Police, said, "Our supervisors are
>going by the courthouse every single day and if we see a Miami police
>car parked illegally, we are (put a sticker on it) and we are
>counseling the officer."

^^^^^^^^^^

Hmm, I guess getting a parking tiket must be a very traumatic experience
for these unfortunate police officers...
Old December 15th 05, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

BE wrote:
> Story On Cops Parking Illegally Gets Mixed Reactions
>
> Video he
>
> http://mfile.akamai.com/12918/wmv/vo...23861.200k.asx
>
> Related story he
>
> http://www.local10.com/news/5527990/detail.html

All I can say is that it's about damn time. For simple things like
parking, cops should be held to the same standards as regular citizens.
Of course, there should be exceptions to the rule, and I'm sure if the
Miami Police Department thought an officer had reason to park
illegally, that they wouldn't bother it. I know I'm opening a can of
worms here, but the same thing should go with speeding. Unless the cop
is responding to an emergency call, they should be forced to obey the
speed limit like the citizens they ticket for doing the same thing.

Old December 15th 05, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Allen Seth Dunn, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 14 Dec 2005 17:13:37 -0800:
> All I can say is that it's about damn time. For simple things like
> parking, cops should be held to the same standards as regular citizens.

Agreed. If the cop has a court date, he should get up (or leave the
police station)a few minutes earlier like the rest of us would inorder
to get a parking space at the courthouse.

<snip>

> I know I'm opening a can of
> worms here, but the same thing should go with speeding. Unless the cop
> is responding to an emergency call, they should be forced to obey the
> speed limit like the citizens they ticket for doing the same thing.

I think that the only person who would disagree with that take would be
jaybird.

--
"God will take good care of youu...
Just do as I say, don't do as I do..."

Old December 15th 05, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Allen Seth Dunn, > was motivated to say this in
> rec.autos.driving on 14 Dec 2005 17:13:37 -0800:
> > All I can say is that it's about damn time. For simple things like
> > parking, cops should be held to the same standards as regular citizens.

> Agreed. If the cop has a court date, he should get up (or leave the
> police station)a few minutes earlier like the rest of us would inorder
> to get a parking space at the courthouse.
>
> <snip>
>
> > I know I'm opening a can of
> > worms here, but the same thing should go with speeding. Unless the cop
> > is responding to an emergency call, they should be forced to obey the
> > speed limit like the citizens they ticket for doing the same thing.

> I think that the only person who would disagree with that take would be
> jaybird.

I should clarify my comment slightly though. Yes jaybird, catching
speeders should qualify for such an exemption.

Old December 15th 05, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:32:18 -0500, necromancer
> wrote:

>Allen Seth Dunn, > was motivated to say this in
>rec.autos.driving on 14 Dec 2005 17:13:37 -0800:
>> All I can say is that it's about damn time. For simple things like
>> parking, cops should be held to the same standards as regular citizens.

>Agreed. If the cop has a court date, he should get up (or leave the
>police station)a few minutes earlier like the rest of us would inorder
>to get a parking space at the courthouse.

Or take the bus.

Old December 18th 05, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Allen Seth Dunn, > was motivated to say this in
> rec.autos.driving on 14 Dec 2005 17:13:37 -0800:
> > All I can say is that it's about damn time. For simple things like
> > parking, cops should be held to the same standards as regular citizens.

> Agreed. If the cop has a court date, he should get up (or leave the
> police station)a few minutes earlier like the rest of us would inorder
> to get a parking space at the courthouse.

Agreed, for the most part cops should be held to the same standards as
everyone. Exceptions should be obvious enough. A cop can park
anywhere he pleases if he's responding to a life threatening emergency,
etc. etc. Court appearances are not exceptions. Instead, the court
should cut cops some slack and schedule cases at the cop's convenience.
When circumstances prevent a cop from showing up to court, this should
result in an automatic continuance.

> <snip>
>
> > I know I'm opening a can of
> > worms here, but the same thing should go with speeding. Unless the cop
> > is responding to an emergency call, they should be forced to obey the
> > speed limit like the citizens they ticket for doing the same thing.

> I think that the only person who would disagree with that take would be
> jaybird.

Whether or not the law allows him to speed for non-emergency purposes,
he's a dumbass for doing so.

> --
> "God will take good care of youu...
> Just do as I say, don't do as I do..."
> --Phil Collins

Cops - left lane blockers and speeders using lightbars illegally and fail to stop for police Ben Driving 4 October 9th 05 09:45 PM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] VW air cooled 4 December 21st 04 01:06 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 December 20th 04 10:19 AM
funny story about autos.tech [email protected] Technology 5 December 19th 04 10:50 PM