Speeding teen kills self and friend - Described as an " incredibly outgoing, beautiful person"

Old November 29th 05, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Default Riceboy Video-Gamer Uses Up His Last Life

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:37:57 +0000, Pooh Bear
> wrote:

>> Dear clueless liberal media,
>>
>> Subaru does not make sports cars.

>Dear clueless Scott.
>
>You obviously aren't familiar with the car in question.

Sports cars, by definition, have TWO seats.

How many seats does a Subaru WRX have?

I rest my case.

> But then you guys don't do rallying.

And neither does the punk in the story.

Old November 29th 05, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

The "liberal media" don't have a damned thing to do with this story.

However, for perhaps the only time in my life, I will agree with laura
Bush Vehicular homicide on this one.

The kid who was such a "beautiful person" turned out to be a ****ing
idiot. If he hadn't been a ****ing idiot, he'd still be alive today.

He got what he deserved.

Old November 29th 05, 11:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default What's a sports car? (was: Riceboy Video-Gamer Uses Up His Last Life)

Hi!

[cross-posting removed]

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, David Jensen wrote:
> > What is the strict definition? It's hard to fit the Spyder, MG, and
> > Boxter, among others, into one easy definition that excludes all
> > Subarus.

> The strict definition as I last heard it was a 1 or 2 seat open car.

Nowadays, I would not insist on "open". How would a Porsche
Boxster be more of a sports car than a Porsche Cayman?
Also, 2+2 seats don't disqualify a car either IMHO. My
definition would be, "a car that was designed with going fast
in mind, rather than with carrying stuff or saving money."

This counts out four-seaters, wagons, econoboxen, pick-up
trucks, and SUVs, regardless of their 0-60 times, and still
it does include cars like the Porsche 356A, despite its
ferocious 1300cc, 44 bhp engine.

Yours,
Erik.
--
"Actually, I think Ford has made some fine vehicles,
I just can't think of any right now."
Old November 29th 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

On 28 Nov 2005 22:25:55 -0800, "john fernbach"
> wrote:

>The "liberal media" don't have a damned thing to do with this story.

Of course they do. WTF do you think wrote it?

Old November 29th 05, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:24:10 +0100, Erik Meltzer
> wrote:

>> > What is the strict definition? It's hard to fit the Spyder, MG, and
>> > Boxter, among others, into one easy definition that excludes all
>> > Subarus.

>> The strict definition as I last heard it was a 1 or 2 seat open car.

>Nowadays, I would not insist on "open". How would a Porsche
>Boxster be more of a sports car than a Porsche Cayman?
>Also, 2+2 seats don't disqualify a car either IMHO. My
>definition would be, "a car that was designed with going fast
>in mind, rather than with carrying stuff or saving money."

You know what my definition of "loser" is? Someone who has to make up
new definitions for words ikn order to "win" a USENET debate.

Old November 29th 05, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Erik Meltzer wrote:

> Nowadays, I would not insist on "open". How would a Porsche
> Boxster be more of a sports car than a Porsche Cayman?

I didn't claim that was a great working definition, nor will I defend it,
but that is the strict definition last I heard it.

Old November 29th 05, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default What's a sports car?

Hi!

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:24:10 +0100, Erik Meltzer
> >My
> >definition would be, "a car that was designed with going fast
> >in mind, rather than with carrying stuff or saving money."

> You know what my definition of "loser" is? Someone who has to make up
> new definitions for words ikn order to "win" a USENET debate.

Trouble is, I didn't debate anything previously in this
thread. And what, incidentally, would you call someone
who resorts to name-calling without any observable reason?
Sure doesn't sound like a winner to me.

Yours,
Erik.
--
"They've got to buy them before they can burn them."
-- George Harrison about Beatles album burnings, 1966
Old November 29th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2005 22:25:55 -0800, "john fernbach"
> > wrote:
>
> >The "liberal media" don't have a damned thing to do with this story.

> Of course they do. WTF do you think wrote it?

FIrst PROVE there is such a thing as a liberal media.
After you wade through the O'Reilly's and Hannity and Colmes ad nauseum
perhaps you will figure out there AINT NO SUCH ANIMAL.

Old November 29th 05, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

john fernbach, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 28 Nov 2005 22:25:55 -0800:
> If he hadn't been a ****ing idiot, he'd still be alive today.

In otherwords, the principles of Darwinism work just fine. What we don't
need is idiot laws to preserve idiots like the driver in the OP.

Old November 30th 05, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

http://www.swrt.com/836306.html

> >>Racing it doesn't mean it meets the strict definition of "sports car"

> > What is the strict definition? It's hard to fit the Spyder, MG, and
> > Boxter, among others, into one easy definition that excludes all
> > Subarus.

> The strict definition as I last heard it was a 1 or 2 seat open car.
>
> Last I heard, the suburus not only had 4 seats, but a roof.

So a Porsche 911 isn't a sports car ?

Graham