turbonator

Old August 3rd 05, 03:37 AM
Spike

Your "generality" was a no problemo situation. Kidd came in later I
think. But, it makes me feel better that someone else picked up on it
being to generalized. It's not just you. People in general tend to
generalize things. It's the easiest way to cover a topic, but it can
cause misunderstandings.... especially in an internet environment
where readers can't see emotions or body language of the person making
the statement.

:

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old August 3rd 05, 03:45 AM
Spike

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:36:20 -0400, Hank >
wrote:

>> ie: such is war.

> bu$h's terror attack on Iraq isn't a war. It's a one sided
>and illegal invasion of defenseless and abused People. Iraq
>has no air force, army, or modern weaponry.
> The U.S. has the most modern and powerful military
>on the planet. The World's Superpower. That sort
>of power shouldn't be abused by a sheltered, privileged,
>lying, thieving, draft dodging, AWOL war criminal.

A rose by any other name and all that. A conflict between armed
parties is a war, no matter what it's called. It sure as hell isn't a
"peace".

And your defenseless abused people were defenseless when Saddam and
his cohorts were abusing them and exterminating them with chemical
WMDs.

Let's not be so rabid.... you just insulted a good share of the
Vietnam era citizens, both those who served and those who didn't...
not to mention it appears you neither have anything to back up your
slanderous statements, or know what you are talking about concerning
that era of US history. There are some here who lived it.

Old August 3rd 05, 03:50 AM
Spike

I provided an example. The rest of your quotes appear to follow in the
same vein. You are not apparently dealing in facts as you claim, but
in propaganda. The truth twisted to serve your personal agenda.

Old August 3rd 05, 03:57 AM
Spike

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:36:43 -0400, Hank >
wrote:

> Have you ever seen a supporter of bu$h's war crimes, torture,
>terrorism, and mass murder of innocent civilians who wasn't
>an ignorant and hate filled kook that spews a lot of lies?

Wouldn't that require that Bush had been tried and convicted of those
acts in order for someone to support them?

You should research the definition of "mass murder", "torture" ,
"terrorism", and "war crimes" BEFORE you use them.

As for hate being spewed... how about your hate of Bush? If he spews
hate as you claim, then doesn't that make you as bad? Does it serve to
support conversion to your view when you initially insult those you
would convert?

And when you post things and call them facts with nothing to support
what you claim, doesn't that make you a liar?

Old August 3rd 05, 04:21 AM
Spike

Obviously, your mind has never been open. Like a rabid dog you keep
biting anything you can put your teeth to.. even if it's your own
tail.

Your response totally ignores the meat of my post, and only seeks to
turn it to your own personal agenda. Twisting my words does not make
you look better.

I like to believe in people and treat them with respect until they
prove they are not worthy of that respect. I may not agree with the
views of others, but I respect their views.

I can't speak for others, but you just proved you are not worthy of my
respect.

Old August 3rd 05, 05:37 AM
Kidd Andersson

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> Kidd Andersson wrote:
>
>>> Yeah, and Iraq has stockpiles of WMDs and is about
>>> to nuke the United States. And Robert Fisk is really bu$h's favorite
>>> "journalist, the homophobic gay whore, "Jeff Gannon". You appear to
>>> be a gullible, brainwashed, terrorism supporting kook....
>>>

>> ....... I can't believe anyone would have the audacity... Nay... the
>> lack of BRAINS to say anything that ridiculous. Unbelievable. What a
>> waste of space you are.
>>
>> K.

> I see you are very unlearned in the area of kookdom. It is not
> theirs to be rational. I have showed this guys posts to left wing
> Democrats who dislike W enough to truly believe that Gore would have
> been better, but that both are bottom of the barrel. These particular
> people read two of his postings and immediately referred to him as a
> total loon. One said "OMG, Really, we don't need people like that trying
> to "help" us. The Democratic party has enough trouble right now...."
> Kind of the way many Republicans feel about the fanatical Christians.

You do realize my post was directed at Hank and not you, right?

K.
Old August 3rd 05, 05:51 AM
Kidd Andersson

Joe wrote:
>>My baby wouldn't
>>sleep in her own bed even as an infant. Nothing we tried could get
>>her to sleep in her own bed so she slept with us from the day she
>>came home from the hospital. I know why we let our daughter sleep
>>with us, but I also know that she's young enough that it's not going
>>to do any lasting damage to her. It might be a little harder to get
>>her out of it since she's been there for 3 years but that's about
>>it. She's about to be weened from the parent bed to her own because
>>I do firmly believe that if you let a child sleep with you for too
>>long, they'll never develop independance and learn to comfort
>>themselves which can have nasty consequences on her as a teen and
>>adult.

> Exactly. You've answered your own question from above.

I still don't think it's SICK. Maybe our definitions of the word are
different. It's perhaps a danger to the child's ability to cope as
he/she gets older.
However, with your enlightenment of WHY she has all the kids sleep with
her... I think she needs a bit of education and maybe a trip or two down
to Dr. Phil. She's damaging her kids by not letting them go. It's going
to screw them up and kill her relationship with them.
Now, if it was the KIDS wanting to sleep in bed with mom and dad (such
as in my case), then I don't see anything wrong with it up until that
certain age. By 7, the parents should be able to foster the confidence
and self-comfort in a kid of that age. If not, they need to hit some
parenting classes. I'm not perfect but young kids aren't rocket science.

> So what's your opinion of Michael Jackson?

He's sleeping with kids that ARE NOT his. I don't care if Johnny Depp
calls and invites my kid over for a sleepover to sleep in his bed, he's
obviously got some strange issues. I love kids, mine or not, but I'm not
bringing them into my bed.
IF MJ wasn't proven to be such a ****ing flake, I wouldn't think
anything of him having his own kids in his bed. That's if he was a
normal human being, but he's not. He's some sort of alien plant here to
judge what kind of weird behavior he can get away with apparently.
If you told me you had a 5 year old that wouldn't sleep in his own bed
and slept with you, I would think nothing of it. If anyone here told me
their children slept in bed with them up to the age of maybe 4 or 5, I
wouldn't think anything of it.
MJ is not a "regular" parent. He's shown for years with his public
behavior, what he's done to his face, and how he treats his kids what a
flippin nutcase he is. When someone is as off-the-wall as that, he
shouldn't be allowed to breed or be around kids period.
I'd say the same of anyone else who acted like that.
AND, on my last little thought here... His whole spew about it being
such a "loving" act... Umm... sleeping next to a 3 year old so she feels
secure and safe and loved is a "loving" act. Not sleeping next to a 13
year old that has his own damn parents to love him.

K.
Old August 3rd 05, 05:53 AM
Kidd Andersson

Joe wrote:

> I already clarified my glittering generality in another post to Spike,
> but as I told him, I think you get what I mean. Jackson's a sick mf
> IMO.

Yeah I caught that after the fact. I'm always a day late and a buck
short. Story of my life.
I agree with you completely. He's a sick ****er and I FIRMLY believe he
was guilty as hell. Come on. Who else but a nut like him could come up
with Jesus Juice??

K.
Old August 3rd 05, 05:55 AM
Kidd Andersson

Spike wrote:

> Your "generality" was a no problemo situation. Kidd came in later I
> think. But, it makes me feel better that someone else picked up on it
> being to generalized. It's not just you. People in general tend to
> generalize things.

Spike, you just generalized that people tend to generalize things... "in
general" of course.

My head hurts.

K.
Old August 3rd 05, 06:11 AM
Spike

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:51:54 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> wrote:

>Joe wrote:
>>>My baby wouldn't

And yet, in other cultures, kids sleep with their parents or others
right up until they pass the test for manhood/womanhood with no
apparent ill affects. Indeed, those kids become more an integral part
of the whole, with far less interpersonal conflict (within their own
groups), and, at an earlier age have become more independent that
children in western cultures.