Ruff Country lift??

Old January 15th 05, 02:50 PM
Jeff

Default Ruff Country lift??

Hey all....I enjoy driving my TJ stock and trying to do everything the big
boys do and I've really had easy time of it....although being stock my heep
is too close to the ground and I'm beating the crap outta the
undercarriage....so it's time to lift it before I do any more dammage...a 4"
lift to get 'er up on 33's is what I'm lookin'...
I was jus reading that someone purchased the Ruff Country lift and it says
they put in a SYE to rid the heep of vibes...well according to the ruff
Country site they say that that combo 4" + 33's does not require an SYE...is
this not true?? I really like the price of the lift and seems to be a great
extensive lift for the price... would love to hear from some more who have
experience with this...
So what are the thoughts on the ruff country kit??
any other recommendations on simular priced lifts??
TIA--
Jeff
'03 TJ & '95 ZJ
For offroad videos check my server @
ftp://24.138.75.11

Old January 16th 05, 02:59 PM
Eric

I bought the Rough Country 4" lift for my TJ. Here are my thoughts:

1. It is ROUGH. Be prepared.
2. No, you don't NEED an SYE. I had no vibes. I just got tired of having
my shift boot flop around. I had to remove the retaining ring (I have a
tuffy console) to be able to shift into 2, 4, R. When you drop the transfer
case, the transmission slides back a bit. I don't like a dropped t-case --
it takes away from the lift. You're lifted, but now your t-case sits a
couple of inches lower. Why bother?
3. You'll still need extended brake lines if you're going to disconnect
your sway bars. Get ones for an older chevy pickup. I think they're
something like 7" longer and cheaper. You'll never need another set.
4. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably still go this route. For
$495 delivered to my door, I couldn't beat it.

Eric
99 TJ SE

Old January 16th 05, 07:03 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Real Jeepers would see something terrible wrong in lift a TJ, then
dropping the guts out of it.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 17th 05, 02:24 PM
Jeff

Hey eric...thanks for the response...Rough?? do you mean the suspension is
stiff, causing a rough ride??
I understand the transfer case lowering takes away from the lift but is
still above the axles right?? which means that I can get 33's on her which
will bring my axle clearance up...right??
TIA

Old January 17th 05, 05:55 PM
Eric

Yes, the suspension is stiff, causing a rough ride.
Yes, the transfer case is still above the axles, it's just lowered almost 2"
from the frame rails.
Yes, you can fit 33s. I haven't had any rubbing issues with my 33.

I'd swear the lift sat at almost 5" for the longest time and to this day is
higher than 4".

Eric
99 TJ SE