Maybe summer is over?

Old October 22nd 09, 06:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Maybe summer is over?

Had the top down tonight coming home around 10PM. I wore a jacket, it
wasn't cold enough to really need it but it was more comfortable with
it than without.

First time I've worn a jacket since ????

Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to support
human life! Damn, I'm going to miss the nice, comfortable 100+
days....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 22nd 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

> Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to support
> human life! Damn, I'm going to miss the nice, comfortable 100+
> days....

Here too. I'm going to miss the nice comfortable 50+ days.

Heck, we've already had snow three times.

miker

Old October 22nd 09, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim M.

On Oct 22, 8:46*am, "miker" > wrote:
> > Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to support
> > human life! *Damn, I'm going to miss the nice, comfortable 100+
> > days....

> Here too. I'm going to miss the nice comfortable 50+ days.
>
> Heck, we've already had snow three times.
>
> miker

I've been wearing a jacket and running the heat with the top down for
about two weeks; people in other convertibles are just driving around
with their tops up. It's been in the 40's.

This week we've had it warm back up to normal (mid-60's daytime temps,
low to mid-40's evening) and so I've left the Miata at home and ridden
the bikes.

Tim - suspect I will rdrive the Miata with the top down through the
winter. After all, I do have electrically heated clothing!
Old October 22nd 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"miker" > wrote:

> Heck, we've already had snow three times.

What's 'snow'?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 23rd 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

XS11E wrote:

> Had the top down tonight coming home around 10PM. I wore a
> jacket, it wasn't cold enough to really need it but it was more
> comfortable with it than without.
>
> First time I've worn a jacket since ????
>
> Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to
> support human life! Damn, I'm going to miss the nice,
> comfortable 100+ days....

What overheated hell-hole do you live in again? My overheated hell-hole
is Lutz, Florida. It's still too hot here and the humidity is always
appalling, but I have hope for the near-future as the temps have
declined quite a bit from the torturous misery of August. Lovely
December, January, February are in sight. O the cool salt breeze
sweeping in across the beaches.

While y'all Yankees button up your tops and prepare to frolic in the
snow, we're just now getting to top-down weather.

yrs wdk
Old October 23rd 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"johnny p." > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>>
>> Had the top down tonight coming home around 10PM. I wore a
>> jacket, it wasn't cold enough to really need it but it was more
>> comfortable with it than without.
>>
>> First time I've worn a jacket since ????
>>
>> Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to
>> support human life! Damn, I'm going to miss the nice,
>> comfortable 100+ days....

> What overheated hell-hole do you live in again?

Phoenix, AZ, not an overheated hell-hole, an area of perfect weather
except when winter comes and we have to deal with sub-80s temperatures.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 23rd 09, 10:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Douglas Payne

XS11E wrote:
> Had the top down tonight coming home around 10PM. I wore a jacket, it
> wasn't cold enough to really need it but it was more comfortable with
> it than without.
>
> First time I've worn a jacket since ????
>
> Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to support
> human life! Damn, I'm going to miss the nice, comfortable 100+
> days....

In this part of Scotland, UK, we have had 60mm of rain a day for the
last couple of days. I put the top down to let some of the water out!

--
Douglas
Old October 23rd 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

<<Tim - suspect I will rdrive the Miata with the top down through the
winter. After all, I do have electrically heated clothing!>>

Oh man, product idea... electrially heated toneau cover...just like an
electric blanket!

miker