are police cruisers/interceptors (Caprice) a good or bad buy?

Old October 29th 15, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default are police cruisers/interceptors (Caprice) a good or bad buy?

Clearly you have to check them out. Overall I just want to hear from people that put the car through it's paces and how it worked out. Looking at mid 90s Caprice / Roadmasters and wondering if I should bite. TIA.
Old October 29th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

ok, but did you read the question. What the h* do door handles and tires have to do with anything?

I'll bet anything those 2 guys are Ford fans.
Old October 29th 15, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 2:26:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> ok, but did you read the question. What the h* do door handles and tires have to do with anything?
>
> I'll bet anything those 2 guys are Ford fans.

If it runs real good and hasen't been wrecked before and not rustd out, it might be a good buy. You can buy door handles and quieter tires.
Old October 29th 15, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 15:49:01 -0500, Paul in Houston TX

>> Clearly you have to check them out. Overall I just want to hear from people that put
>> the car through it's paces and how it worked out. Looking at mid 90s Caprice /
>> Roadmasters and wondering if I should bite. TIA.

>Police cars idle for long periods of time between frantic dashes while
>ignoring road hazards. Better figure the engine is worn out. Suspension and
>trans probably on their way out.
>However, at $500 it would still be a good deal even if it only lasts a few months.
>I would not go much over $750.

I had a '76 Caprice that was former "official". That's what I figured
anyway,due to the equipped spotlight. Bought it in '82 for $800.
It was a nice car, and only needed tuneups.
Rusted out within 5 years.