Two kinds of idiots

Old April 22nd 05, 03:07 AM
Spike

Thought they outlawed smoking on planes and in most terminals so who
needs a lighter? Good points made as well regarding one first class
pain.... the ACLU. Some do gooder groups create more problems than the
fix.... geee that sounds like Congress and the Supremes lately.... LOL

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:41:12 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

>"ZombyWoof" > wrote
>> (Brent P) wrote something wonderfully witty:
>>
>>>That's great for a police state, but the USA isn't one officially....
>>>yet.
>>>

>> I beg to differ, been strip-searched at the Airport yet?

>No, and you haven't either, so why take that ridiculous tack.
>
>>I think it
>> is the next step.

>No it wouldn't. Are they strip searching everyone in Israel?
>
>>I'm about ready to start traveling naked just so I
>> don't have to take off my belt & shoes.

>You don't have to remove either of those, and the TSA CANNOT require you to
>remove them unless they alarm. The only problem is if your shoe fits a
>specific profile, or you alarm while going through the walkthrough metal
>detector. You still don't have to remove the shoe unless it alarms on
>further inspection.
>
>>What a freakin hassle, first
>> it was no nail files,

>Actually nail files are permissible.
>
>> now it is no lighters.

>In the right hands it's an incendiary device. Get a few together and you
>have a small bomb. Just use matches, sheesh!! Quit bitchin'!
>
>>What's next? No
>> carry-on items at all?

>Why not? If it makes the skies safe and it doesn't deny me my civil rights,
>then why not?? There's no civil right to have carry on luggage! Though the
>ACLU would probably try to get you to believe differently.
>
>Did you know that there is technology out there that would make it so you
>didn't have to remove ANY clothing (jackets, shoes, etc) but the ACLU
>successfully blocked it since it was too "invasive". Well, howdy doody, the
>courts have been using that stuff for a few years. It's just a special
>walkthrough that you stand in for a second and it scans you. Your body shows
>up on a little screen with little markers showing where there is a
>concentration of either metal (gun, knife, large watch) or possible
>explosives. The screen looks kinda like an IR picture of the body. There is
>also a puff of air that comes out and takes a sample to test for any
>explosive traces. But OH NO, That's too invasive!! Fine, fly on your plane
>knowing that if it blows up, it won't be because somebody didn't do their
>job, but because access to the technology that would have done it better was
>denied because OMG somebody might actually find out Grandma's wearin' an
>underwire. This technology would also make it so nobody would have to be
>patted down or touched and no more hand wanding. But OH NO!!!
>
>Airport security could be safer, less time consuming, and less invasive if
>it weren't for the ACLU. Don't blame the TSA, blame the ACLU.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old April 22nd 05, 04:14 AM
RichA

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:26:37 -0700, Spike > wrote:

>You know, I had some respect for your opinion, whether I agreed or
>not, I now just feel sorry for you. You don't like law enforcement
>officers, and that's OK. It's your right in a free society. However,
>if you ever get into a bind, I wonder who you will call.

I have a friend whose house I go to a fair bit. Before getting
to his house, you go down a steep hill. When you enter the street
to go down the hill, it appears you haven't changed the speed zone.
In fact, just past a street at the bottom of the hill is a sign
indicating the speed limit has changed from 36mph to 24mph.
Almost everytime I go there, the is a cop, parked with radar
squirreled away in the side street.
Like shooting fish in a barrel. I have never heard of ANY accidents
on that street. As far as I'm concerned, this bozo, who is earning
$60,000 a year to sit with his radar gun is a BLIGHT on society.
-Rich
Old April 22nd 05, 04:34 AM
66 6F HCS

"Spike" > wrote in message
> Thought they outlawed smoking on planes and in most terminals so who
> needs a lighter? Good points made as well regarding one first class
> pain.... the ACLU. Some do gooder groups create more problems than the
> fix.... geee that sounds like Congress and the Supremes lately.... LOL

And we thank you fer yer support.- Bartels and Jaymes
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old April 22nd 05, 04:26 PM
SVTKate

Because someone top posts that makes them disrespectful?

I think it makes it easier to read the comment wiithout having to sort
through the whole post.

"Back in the day" top posting was considered a no-no, times have changed.
You may as well get used to it.

Kate

"Brent P" > wrote
| You haven't been arguing from 'authority', top posting and ignoring my
| points that is not respect.

*snipped for clarity*

Old April 22nd 05, 04:31 PM
SVTKate

"Spike" > wrote in message
| Thought they outlawed smoking on planes and in most terminals so who
| needs a lighter?

I do, just in case the plane crashes and I get stranded on a deserted
island.
You can still smoke in some airports. Atlanta I think is one of them.

Kate

Old April 22nd 05, 05:29 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 4/22/2005 8:26 AM, SVTKate wrote:

> Because someone top posts that makes them disrespectful?

Eyup, especially when they are enlightened as to the error of their ways
(or rather, Microsoft's intentionally broken newsreader's ways) and yet
continue to top post.

Most people prefer to read top to bottom. I've yet to see anything
written that was easier to follow from bottom to top.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old April 22nd 05, 05:38 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 4/21/2005 9:17 PM, ZombyWoof wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:14:03 -0400, RichA > wrote
> something wonderfully witty:
>
>>In fact, just past a street at the bottom of the hill is a sign
>>indicating the speed limit has changed from 36mph to 24mph.
>>Almost everytime I go there, the is a cop, parked with radar
>>squirreled away in the side street.

> Where the hell do the have a 36mph & 24mph speed limit?

Considering he's posting from Sympatico in Ottawa, I'm guessing he's
talking in KM/h but converting for the benefit of us backwards Americans.

(I used to wonder the same thing about a guy from Vancouver who was
always talking about 56 and 62 MPH speed limits...)

Old April 22nd 05, 07:56 PM
Spike

How about up and down (Asian kanji), or back and forth
(Arabic/Hebrew)... I don't read them but when you get to the end of a
line you don't have to go back to the beginning to start the next
line....Jeeezzzz I hope Bill Gates didn't hear that..... Can you
imagine what Windows would look like? LOL : )

Old April 22nd 05, 08:01 PM
Spike

In Chicago I had to walk clear across the airport and out the front of
the terminal to smoke when I was going back for my son's estate
settlement. Then go back through all the checks to get back in time to
get on the pane.... While in San Francisco, they had a glassed in room
on each concourse.... The smoke was so thick in there that you could
barely see the smokers. They didn't even vent the place to the
outside. Glad I quit. Skip the smoke and head straight for the bar.
LOL

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:31:24 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

.. .

Old April 22nd 05, 08:54 PM
Deputy Dog

"RichA" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:26:37 -0700, Spike > wrote:
>
> >You know, I had some respect for your opinion, whether I agreed or
> >not, I now just feel sorry for you. You don't like law enforcement
> >officers, and that's OK. It's your right in a free society. However,
> >if you ever get into a bind, I wonder who you will call.

> I have a friend whose house I go to a fair bit. Before getting
> to his house, you go down a steep hill. When you enter the street
> to go down the hill, it appears you haven't changed the speed zone.
> In fact, just past a street at the bottom of the hill is a sign
> indicating the speed limit has changed from 36mph to 24mph.
> Almost everytime I go there, the is a cop, parked with radar
> squirreled away in the side street.
> Like shooting fish in a barrel. I have never heard of ANY accidents
> on that street. As far as I'm concerned, this bozo, who is earning
> $60,000 a year to sit with his radar gun is a BLIGHT on society.
> -Rich

Well you know what the speed limit is...........it's ****ing posted........
but yet you cry when you get hammered it's your own god damn fault! No
accidents on that street? Well maybe the reason why is sitting in that car
shooting fish in a barrel!

Dave