Bose radio (2006) and IPOD

Old April 20th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Bose radio (2006) and IPOD

Is there a way to use/buy an accessory so that an IPOD can play thru
the Bose radio?

Old April 20th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

lol. that, along with the integrated xm radio control, was one of the
benefits i listed in entirely replace the head unit in your previous thread.
but like the separate xm radio gizmo that transmits a fm signal that can be
tuned in to by your bose fm radio you can get a fm transmitter for your
ipod. of course it is pretty low fidelity (but then again you may not care
or may not be ripping your music for the best quality sound anyway). i
would recommend one but there are so many styles these days which are
specific to the model ipod you have i can't (you didn't mention which model
ipod you have)... if you went the route of a new head unit in the car then
you could get one that has a line input that would connect directly to the
headphone jack on the ipod for much higher fidelity.

oups.com...

Old April 20th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

thank you. I am surprised that Mazda does not have the built in IPOD
capability as so many other production cars these days!

Old April 20th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in message
> lol. that, along with the integrated xm radio control, was one of the
> benefits i listed in entirely replace the head unit in your previous
> thread. but like the separate xm radio gizmo that transmits a fm signal
> that can be tuned in to by your bose fm radio you can get a fm transmitter
> for your ipod. of course it is pretty low fidelity (but then again you
> may not care or may not be ripping your music for the best quality sound
> anyway). i would recommend one but there are so many styles these days
> which are specific to the model ipod you have i can't (you didn't mention
> which model ipod you have)... if you went the route of a new head unit in
> the car then you could get one that has a line input that would connect
> directly to the headphone jack on the ipod for much higher fidelity.

Not to mention that the FM "rebroadcasters" are almost useless in anything
approaching urban or suburban locations. I'm north of Beantown (Lowell area)
and I tried 4 different types of FM units, couldn't find "clear channel"
anywhere
on the FM band. Admittedly I don't have my '06 MX5 yet (2 months to go) but
it
shouldn't matter what car it's being used in. The FM band is very crowded in
N.E.

Old April 21st 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I still don't understand you guys! Did you buy the car to listen to a
good radio, or to drive? There are lots of very good sound systems you
can have in your house! Go there and listen them. When you want to go
for a good ride, get in your Miata and DRIVE ! Turn OFF the GD radio!

Bruce Bing G/R '03 LS

Old April 21st 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> I still don't understand you guys!

That is because you are in a tiny minority on this issue. Otherwise,
stereos would be optional. Since 99%+ of the people want a stereo in any
car other than a dedicated track car, the car makers go ahead and put
them in everything, including sports cars.

> Did you buy the car to listen to a
> good radio, or to drive?

Both. The on/off switch makes it to where you even have a choice at any
given time, which is a great concept.

>There are lots of very good sound systems you can have in your house!

Yes, I can turn on the stereo or I can also have near-silence in my
house, which is often what I prefer.
That second option is not possible while driving the miata.

> Go there and listen them.

Ok, but that doesn't exclude using the car stereo as well.

> When you want to go for a good ride, get in your Miata and DRIVE !

I already do that, often to the sounds of my favorite songs. Sometimes
to the sounds of air intake, turbo, tire noise, exhaust, wind and
rattles. Sometimes to all of the above.
Choice can be a wonderful thing.

> Turn OFF the GD radio!

Nah, but thanks for the suggestion.
I'll continue as before. It really is best to do what you enjoy when it
is not hurting anybody. :-)

> Bruce Bing G/R '03 LS

Pat

Old April 21st 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Has anyone tried this - http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/
Seems that I read that it will work in 2000 to 2006 - Would give you a
place to plug the out put of the
IPOD.

Old April 21st 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

LOL

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old April 21st 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws > wrote in
:

> I can also have near-silence in my house

Only if you're not married.... ;-)
Old April 21st 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

mickey53usa wrote:
> Has anyone tried this - http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/
> Seems that I read that it will work in 2000 to 2006 - Would give you a
> place to plug the out put of the
> IPOD.

That was a good find! Having one of those would solve a lot of problems
for me since I listen to WMA-encoded books on my flash-based player
while exercising and having a way to continue playing the same material
in the car will be far easier than burning a copy of the book onto an
MP3 CD and playing it back in the changer. The actual playing is easy
enough but trying keep the portable player and the in-car CD
synchronized is often not easy.

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think I need any of the functions of
the advanced unit so I can probably get an order for the basic unit sent
off on Monday.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]